another question from a new member

last reply
7 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I recently became a Follower of an author called 'Cuntagious'. Today it seems that she is no longer on my Following list and when I clicked on a link I had to one of her stories I got the '404 not found' screen .
What has happened ? Is it possible for an author to block someone from seeing their stories or anything about them ? I don't know why that would have happened as I wrote a very complimentary comment about her stories. I then looked on the Authors list and she is not there anymore. Maybe she has revoked her membership of LS. If someone does leave does that mean that all trace of them is removed from the site or do the stories they have posted remain ? Any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated. Her 4 stories were some of the best I have yet found on LS so am very disappointed to have lost her !
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
They deleted their account yesterday. I'm afraid everything is removed when a member deletes their account including published stories.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Thanks Liz - what a shame !
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Quote by robjw
Thanks Liz - what a shame !

It really is. I hate to see people do that, especially if they're not 100% sure they want to leave permanently. Better they deactivate for awhile and think about it, as that does not remove all of their stories, friends, awards, etc.

Once they delete it's all gone, and there is no recovering any of it. If they return at that point, it's back to square one.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Stormdog

It really is. I hate to see people do that, especially if they're not 100% sure they want to leave permanently. Better they deactivate for awhile and think about it, as that does not remove all of their stories, friends, awards, etc.

Once they delete it's all gone, and there is no recovering any of it. If they return at that point, it's back to square one.

Perhaps one for the improvements/suggestions thread... modify the delete account to choose to leave or delete the stories/poems.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sad to hear that "Cuntagious" is gone from Lush. We were quite enjoying her stories. sad

Ken & Katie.
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

Perhaps one for the improvements/suggestions thread... modify the delete account to choose to leave or delete the stories/poems.

Good thought, John. I'll toss it out there.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by KenLukin
Sad to hear that "Cuntagious" is gone from Lush. We were quite enjoying her stories. sad

Ken & Katie.

Me too, I was looking forward to more. The stories received so many great comments and the author seemed genuinely pleased to have got such a good reaction. I was surprised to find she had left the site. Does anyone know why she left ? Maybe she messaged those who were her friends ? Just curious. She obviously had her reasons.