Login

Hidden categories: bug + feature request

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
When following a link to a story within a hidden category the user sees the following messages at the top of the page:

It seems like the messages in red and green shouldn't be visible to the reader, and for the one in orange it would be very nice if there was an option to read the story anyway without having to change one's exclusion list.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

0 likes
Today I noticed that this bug still exists. Not only that, but if the author wrote a note a note to the moderators it will actually be shown here as well. That clearly isn't right, as the note is only meant for the moderators, not for the general public.

Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by noll
Today I noticed that this bug still exists. Not only that, but if the author wrote a note a note to the moderators it will actually be shown here as well. That clearly isn't right, as the note is only meant for the moderators, not for the general public.

Thanks Noll. I shall get a patch for this as soon as possible.
0 likes
Quote by gav

Cool, thx!

0 likes
Quote by gav

I see it's fixed already. Thanks Gav.

That leaves the feature request: the option to ignore the "the story has been blocked…" message and continue to the story anyway, making the exclusion list setting the default with the option to overrule in the moment. Excluding certain categories that one is not al that interested in from the list of categories is something different from following a link to a specific story.
Thx!