I want a deeper friendship

last reply
15 replies
3.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Looking for more than Sex. I want a relationship, someone, I can devote myself to I'm not interested in random hookups and I won't do that. I am not asking for you to give up your friends online but I do want you to be devoted to a deeper more intense relationship with me.

Contact me, chat for a bit lets see if we can be more.

Cherry
Site administrator
0 likes
Hugs... I think I know you but we havent spoken for a while. Good luck and best wishes.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ii was a flash of hurt. So times you just give up. I'm still not sure if I'm ready to put myself on the line. Hence the change.
Quantum Tease
0 likes
As you know... a deeper relationship, especially here, can have a rather unpleasant - and unexpected - ending. Are the rewards worth it? *Sighs* from my own experience, I must say they were.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Any time that you let someone into your life you risk them hurting you; been there, and done that...I've been hurt by a lot of people in so many ways, but then again we've mostly all been at one point or another. It's the capacity that I think about the goodness in people that keeps me going.

Best of luck to you, though. I hope you find what you're looking for.
For generations our ancestors fought proudly as warriors against the Jedi. Reclaim our armored past for an unending future.
0 likes
A "deeper friendship" that is exclusively online? Hang on a second, I need to stop laughing. Okay. Better now.

The truth of Lush is, a lot of the people on here--maybe even most--are not who they claim to be. Out of all of the people on my own friends list, there are perhaps five or six whom I consider to be "real" friends--meaning we communicate, and regularly, outside of Lush, in real life. We don't (usually) talk sex, aside from comments about whatever is going on with whomever we happen to be with at the moment. We talk about ordinary, everyday things--work, kids, work, laundry (no, really), vacations or lack thereof.

Searching for "the one" on Lush is a fool's errand, IMHO, although it does happen, and several real-life, solid relationships and marriages have happened after a meeting on Lush. I wouldn't pin your hopes on it, though.

If someone clicks with you, great, just don't spend your time obsessing over their friends list (I make it a habit to not even look at my friends' friends lists, or their profiles at all, if I can possibly avoid it) and don't take it too entirely seriously until you have something solid going on outside of the confines of Lush. Meaning that you've talked with them on the phone, you're texting/WhatsApping/Kiking on a daily basis, and that person is reciprocating--meaning that you're not always the one to take the initiative.

Good luck.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Okay, so I've had an experience from meeting someone on Lush and it did not end well. Literally, the aftermath is just horrible. I somehow lost my mind for the better part of a year and decided to go allllll the way to freaking England to meet this man because he claimed to care. I knew it wouldn't work and I still spent my time with him anyway, then, once I came home, he went distant and we barely spoke. I had finally come to the conclusion that I was used for sex and that the past year meant nothing to him like it did me. It was essentially just a piece of American ass for him to have his way with and toss aside when he was done. Hurts like fuck.

So, my advice is that if you are going to do this then for the love of fuck, please, please, please, be safe and actually think about what you are doing. You think you know but you don't....especially when you are clouded by feelings of love or lust or whatever. Safety isn't something that you should be made more aware of, you should know to be cautious on the internet but my advice is for if you actually do find whatever you are looking for. Be careful with your heart because even if they are real and seem genuine, they will still have no problem tearing you to pieces if they deem you unfit once you meet them in the flesh.

This isn't to say that it won't work either...some relationship through Lush have turned out rather well but realizing early on that you most likely are one of those of us who aren't lucky, then hopefully it'll help you to be more careful should the situation occur.
And as imagination bodies forth
The forms of things unknown, the poet’s pen
Turns them to shapes and gives to airy nothing
A local habitation and a name.
– William Shakespeare (from A Midsummer Night’s Dream)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia
A "deeper friendship" that is exclusively online? Hang on a second, I need to stop laughing. Okay. Better now.

The truth of Lush is, a lot of the people on here--maybe even most--are not who they claim to be. Out of all of the people on my own friends list, there are perhaps five or six whom I consider to be "real" friends--meaning we communicate, and regularly, outside of Lush, in real life. We don't (usually) talk sex, aside from comments about whatever is going on with whomever we happen to be with at the moment. We talk about ordinary, everyday things--work, kids, work, laundry (no, really), vacations or lack thereof.

Searching for "the one" on Lush is a fool's errand, IMHO, although it does happen, and several real-life, solid relationships and marriages have happened after a meeting on Lush. I wouldn't pin your hopes on it, though.

If someone clicks with you, great, just don't spend your time obsessing over their friends list (I make it a habit to not even look at my friends' friends lists, or their profiles at all, if I can possibly avoid it) and don't take it too entirely seriously until you have something solid going on outside of the confines of Lush. Meaning that you've talked with them on the phone, you're texting/WhatsApping/Kiking on a daily basis, and that person is reciprocating--meaning that you're not always the one to take the initiative.

Good luck.

Laughing that was hurtful.... Fools errand even more so ...thanks for putting it in such a way as to make sure that you were only being helpful next time try not to be so "helpful"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I guess I know now, not to post on a forum at a time when I'm speaking from just my slightly broken heart.

Thanks
0 likes
Charity, know that I am not the sort to find delight in someone else's unhappiness. It was not clear from your original post that you were speaking from "[your]" slightly broken heart. I am truly sorry if you found my post offencive or hurtful. It was not meant to be either of those things.

I called searching for true, meaningful, deep love (or a connection leading to such a state) a "fool's errand" because there are so very many people, male and female, on this site--as on dating sites, which Lush is not--who will lead you on, make you feel like you're something special and different to them, and then just casually toss you aside. It is sometimes easier to allow things to just happen organically, or not at all. I've seen this happen entirely too many times to people about whom I care to let it go unmentioned.

I'm truly sorry that you were hurt by someone on here or elsewhere, for whatever reason. I do wish you the best, and hope that you meet someone here who treats me as you should be treated.

~Jennifer
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Honestly, I have to agree with HeraTeleia on this one...so many people, online and IRL just want to use you, see what they can get out of you, and casually throw you aside like an old pair of socks. It takes a whole hell of a lot to decide to trust someone, and trust is the basis for everything. What I mean to say is that people can say that they're whoever they want to be online, and very rarely do you meet someone that just wants to be genuine and real to you...people tend to have secrets, and want them to stay secret.

Still though, like I said before, I honestly and truly hope that you can find someone who completes you.
For generations our ancestors fought proudly as warriors against the Jedi. Reclaim our armored past for an unending future.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
i think you're going wrong in your approach. relationships like the one you seek often develop organically. stop putting so much pressure on yourself, and others, by allowing things to unfold naturally. this is by no means saying that you can't have standards - you absolutely should! just relax and go with the flow. as they say, the best relationships are unexpected. good luck?

Say. Her. Name.

Lurker
0 likes
Hi Charity69,
Yes I understand where you are comming from and I agree with you.I think a relationship should be based on mutual love and understanding and also trust. A good relationship takes time to grow where two people get to know each other. I believe that everyone deserves to be happy and treated with honesty and respect and valued for who they are and not be moulded into what they are not.I hope you find happiness with what you are looking for. Take care Linda x x
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by charity69
Looking for more than Sex. I want a relationship, someone, I can devote myself to I'm not interested in random hookups and I won't do that. I am not asking for you to give up your friends online but I do want you to be devoted to a deeper more intense relationship with me.

Contact me, chat for a bit lets see if we can be more.

Cherry

I hope you find what you really need! Trust in it!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I understand you. It is very important to have a good, healthy relationship. Good luck finding the very person with whom you will be happy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lesharon
I understand you. It is very important to have a good, healthy relationship. Good luck finding the very person with whom you will be happy.

Good words