Counting days in chat

last reply
15 replies
3.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Ungovernable
0 likes
How many minutes in a chat room would one need to spend in order to earn a 'day in chat'? Looked through this thread and couldn't find an answer.

Intellectual curiosity (cough cough), of course. A friend (cough) can't seem to rack up more than one day even though (cough) they spend consecutive days (cough) in the chat rooms fending off this and that in pursuit of the elusive CR Legend badge.

Thank you kindly in advance. - FB
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by FirstBlush
How many minutes in a chat room would one need to spend in order to earn a 'day in chat'? Looked through this thread and couldn't find an answer.

Intellectual curiosity (cough cough), of course. A friend (cough) can't seem to rack up more than one day even though (cough) they spend consecutive days (cough) in the chat rooms fending off this and that in pursuit of the elusive CR Legend badge.

Thank you kindly in advance. - FB

You have a nasty cough there. You really should book an appointment with a doctor.

It used to be a matter of minutes literally, 5 or so, and I am not aware that has changed.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I only had to spend 30 seconds a day logged into a room for 20 consecutive days to get the badge! If you don't want to be bothered, find a room that's empty, and hang around in an empty room for at least 30 seconds a day. But don't miss a day, or you have to start all over again!
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
I only had to spend 30 seconds a day logged into a room for 20 consecutive days to get the badge! If you don't want to be bothered, find a room that's empty, and hang around in an empty room for at least 30 seconds a day. But don't miss a day, or you have to start all over again!

Well thats very socialable!

The idea of the badge is that you spend time in the chat rooms because you enjoy them lol.
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

The idea of the badge is that you spend time in the chat rooms because you enjoy them lol.

Truth.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

You've obviously never been a girl cornered by ravenous wolves in the chatrooms!
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

You've obviously never been a girl cornered by ravenous wolves in the chatrooms!

I was a skunk for a while but never a wolf.

Ungovernable
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

You have a nasty cough there. You really should book an appointment with a doctor.

It used to be a matter of minutes literally, 5 or so, and I am not aware that has changed.

Thank you, John. I have plans to cure it at the beach as soon as I - er, my friend gets their badge.

Quote by BethanyFrasier

Thank you Bethany, though the ante might have been upped since then, because spending even several minutes in a room didn't register after the first day. We were both thinking alike as far as the empty room goes. As you well know, it doesn't remain single occupancy for long!

You've both inspired me to do my own field test, though. Today I was in the pic room for 35:47, found respectful and kindred aesthetic spirits, and had a very nice time. Will continue to keep you posted if the 'days' don't tally as expected.
Ungovernable
0 likes
After yesterday's half hour plus, today's DIC reads 0.

Field report for 6/06: 5-plus, 2-plus, and 15+ minutes in three different rooms. Will update tomorrow.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by FirstBlush

Thank you Bethany, though the ante might have been upped since then, because spending even several minutes in a room didn't register after the first day. We were both thinking alike as far as the empty room goes. As you well know, it doesn't remain single occupancy for long!

You've both inspired me to do my own field test, though. Today I was in the pic room for 35:47, found respectful and kindred aesthetic spirits, and had a very nice time. Will continue to keep you posted if the 'days' don't tally as expected.

Hello FirstBlush

I can remember when I was trying to earn my chat room badge, though it has been a while ago, and like you, I was having the same problems. I even contacted Gav, thinking maybe there was a problem with the site. I’ve forgotten some of the details, but if memory serves me, a day is based on the International Date line and the number of hours plus/minus from that for your location. What I had done, was to sign in very early one morning, then because I was away from home for a while, I didn’t sign in until real late the next night. To my way of thinking, I still had signed in on two consecutive days, however, the times were quite a bit more than 24 hours apart. Once I realized why I hadn’t qualified, I kept my sign in times closer together and had no problem after that.

I know you ladies have a hard time in some of the chat rooms because of the way some guys act. I’m a guy, yet I sympathize with you, and I wish there was some way that practice could be stopped. It may be hard to believe on a site like this, but a few of us would like to carry on a nice, friendly conversation about any topic and get to know you. You might try some of the private rooms set up by individuals, because some of those owners won’t allow guys to hassle anyone, if they do, they’ll be kicked out. I wish there were more rooms like that.
If you're feeling bored during this Covid-19 epidemic I’d like to suggest
you take a peek at a story I collaborated with SueBrasil, a brilliant author.
It's about a mistake in judgment a lady makes concerning a friend, based
on the hurtful words of someone that only thinks of himself. Will that
conniving person succeed in ruining a beautiful friendship, or will she see
through his lies? It's gradually creeping up towards the 30,000 mark
and we’d love any votes or hearing whatever comments you may wish
to make. It is listed in my profile under ‘FAVOURITES’ as Apologize.

www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/apologize.aspx
Ungovernable
0 likes
Quote by LikeToWrite

I can remember when I was trying to earn my chat room badge, though it has been a while ago, and like you, I was having the same problems. I even contacted Gav, thinking maybe there was a problem with the site. I’ve forgotten some of the details, but if memory serves me, a day is based on the International Date line and the number of hours plus/minus from that for your location. What I had done, was to sign in very early one morning, then because I was away from home for a while, I didn’t sign in until real late the next night. To my way of thinking, I still had signed in on two consecutive days, however, the times were quite a bit more than 24 hours apart. Once I realized why I hadn’t qualified, I kept my sign in times closer together and had no problem after that.

I know you ladies have a hard time in some of the chat rooms because of the way some guys act. I’m a guy, yet I sympathize with you, and I wish there was some way that practice could be stopped. It may be hard to believe on a site like this, but a few of us would like to carry on a nice, friendly conversation about any topic and get to know you. You might try some of the private rooms set up by individuals, because some of those owners won’t allow guys to hassle anyone, if they do, they’ll be kicked out. I wish there were more rooms like that.

Hello LTW -

Excellent tips! Yes, I've been aware of Lush's unique definition of 'midnight' (still wondering exactly when it is!) and have kept visit times consistent as possible. Also have had very good luck with user rooms and, like you, wish there were more of them.

That must have been awfully frustrating to have to start over. Currently am in day 11, with Lush's tally at 9; am keeping a log of visits/times.

As for the other issues? I've grown very close to my block button. Happily, I've met a few individuals who have become very good 'picture pals.' It's good to know not all users expect the virtual lambada just because they've typed 'hey.' Certainly I appreciate the point of view you offer. Thank you for chiming in!
Ungovernable
0 likes
Day 22 and mission accomplished. For those who are going for CRL badge, just be aware that the Days In Chat number will often lag by two days and may not always advance each day. As of my 20th day, the Lush tally read 18, so to be safe I went in for a 21st (when it read 19).

Thank you new friends and acquaintances for helping me along (you know who you are)!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by FirstBlush
Day 22 and mission accomplished. For those who are going for CRL badge, just be aware that the Days In Chat number will often lag by two days and may not always advance each day. As of my 20th day, the Lush tally read 18, so to be safe I went in for a 21st (when it read 19).

Thank you new friends and acquaintances for helping me along (you know who you are)!

Hello FirstBlush

CONGRATULATIONS on earning your chat room badge. I must say, you look might cute wearing it. You worked long and hard to get it, so I hope you will wear it with pride. I’m not in the chat rooms as often as I used to be, but if you see me there, be sure to say ‘HI’.
If you're feeling bored during this Covid-19 epidemic I’d like to suggest
you take a peek at a story I collaborated with SueBrasil, a brilliant author.
It's about a mistake in judgment a lady makes concerning a friend, based
on the hurtful words of someone that only thinks of himself. Will that
conniving person succeed in ruining a beautiful friendship, or will she see
through his lies? It's gradually creeping up towards the 30,000 mark
and we’d love any votes or hearing whatever comments you may wish
to make. It is listed in my profile under ‘FAVOURITES’ as Apologize.

www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/apologize.aspx
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Whenever I see someone has spent like 30+ days in a chat room I'm always like oofa...
Ungovernable
0 likes
Quote by LikeToWrite

Hello FirstBlush

CONGRATULATIONS on earning your chat room badge. I must say, you look might cute wearing it. You worked long and hard to get it, so I hope you will wear it with pride. I’m not in the chat rooms as often as I used to be, but if you see me there, be sure to say ‘HI’.

(huffs and puffs, manages exhausted bow) Thank you LTW! You don't think it clashes with my outfit? Don't blame you for taking a break - you worked twice as long! Not only will I say 'hi' but will spring for the beverage of your choice.