2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Let's take time from our lives by Honoring those that gave their all
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
In that case I'd like to honour the Scottish for liberating the city I live in, but even more so the Polish who helped to liberate large parts of the country and whose surviving army buddies where not welcome in their home country after the war as it had transitioned from being under Nazi occupation to a Soviet occupation. We seriously let them down.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Please take just a moment to think of them and say thanks. My gratitude to all of our Lush friends that have served or are still serving, and to their families, who sacrifice so much on our behalf. Thank you.

Lurker
0 likes
I remember those who've died. Let's give support to not only to those who survived, but the widows/widowers and orphans of those who didn't.

I want to say something about what I think about war, but I fear it spiraling downward to a sh*tst*rm, because internet.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.”

— General George S. Patton

If we do not mourn, as well as celebrate, our fallen, we take away a small bit of their humanity, their individualism.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Thank you for your service. God bless all the soldiers, fallen soldiers and their families. Thank you for serving and for protecting all of us and keeping us safe and free.
God Bless America.

Hugs,
Mysteria
xo

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Masteratarms
"Lest we forget".

It can't be said much better than this memorial to our veterans. Hubbie and I do not have any immediate family members that paid the ultimate sacrifice, but we both have cousins and good friends that did. Some, years after their enlistment was over, like agent orange. I have two older brothers, out of four, that served in the Marines and Army. Hubbie spent 29 + years in the Air Force with nine plus years Active Duty and twenty plus years Active Reserves.

I mention this because we have seen first hand the sacrifices our Vetrans and, let's not forget, their families have given to our country. Many came home with physical injuries, many of which we can all see. Many came home with mental injuries most can't see, except family and close friends. We owe our Vets the best of care. It falls very short of what it should be. For those that really care about our vets send an email, letter, or a card to you state and federal legislators asking them to give our vets what they have earned, and do so in a timely manner. Waiting 7 or 8 months for a CPAP machine, wheel chair, etc, falls very, very, short of what should be accepticable.

The same should apply in other countries also, especially our allies, that a lot of our Vets served side by side with.

Brandie

Brandie
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Trail of tears is winding on
Frightened soldier run no more
Arm and arm with lovers gone
No one passes on the road

Two girls wait at the railroad track
For their soldiers to come back
Knowing this will be their last
One wore blue and one wore black

(excerpt from Tail of Tears by Guadalcanal Diary)

Detention Seeker
0 likes
To Our American Allies please also remember the Fallen of these two and only Old British Regiments that also gave there lives and were awarded the American Presidential Citation On your Memorial Day.

The Citation reads:-

The 1st. Battalion, Gloucestershire Regiment, British Army and Troop C. 170th Independent Mortar Battery, Royal Artillery, attached, are cited for exceptionally outstanding performance of duty and extraordinary heroism in action against the armed enemy near Solma-ri, Korea on the 23rd, 24th, and 25th of April 1951.

The 1st. Battalion and Troop C were defending a very critical sector of the battle front during a determined attack by the enemy. The defending units were overwhelmingly outnumbered.
The 63rd Chinese Communist Army drove the full force of its savage assault at the positions held by the 1st Battalion, Gloucestershire Regiment and attached unit. The route of supply ran southeast from the Battalion between two hills.
The hills dominated the surrounding terrain northwest to Imjin River.
Enemy pressure built up on the battalion front during the day, 23 April. On 24 April, the weight of the attack had driven the right flank of the battalion back. The pressure grew heavier and heavier and the battalion and attached unit were forced into a perimeter defense on Hill 235. During the night, heavy enemy forces had by-passed the staunch defenders and closed all avenues of escape. The courageous soldiers of the battalion and attached unit were holding the critical route selected by the enemy for one column of the general offensive designed to encircle and destroy I Corps. These gallant soldiers would not retreat. As they were compressed tighter and tighter in their perimeter defense, they called for close-in air strikes to assist in holding firm. Completely surrounded by tremendous numbers, these indomitable, resolute, and tenacious soldiers fought back with unsurpassed fortitude and courage. As ammunition ran low and the advancing hordes moved closer and closer, these splendid soldiers fought back viciously to prevent the enemy from overrunning the position and moving rapidly on the south.

Their heroic stand provided the critically needed time to regroup other I Corps units and block the southern advance of the enemy. Time and again efforts were made to reach the battalion, but the enemy strength blocked each effort. Without thought of defeat or surrender, this heroic force demonstrated superb battlefield courage and discipline. Every yard of ground they surrendered was covered with enemy dead until the last gallant soldier of the fighting battalion was overpowered by the final surge of the enemy masses.
The 1st. Battalion, Gloucestershire Regiment and Troop C. 170th. Independent Mortar Battery displayed such gallantry, determination, and esprit de corps in accomplishing their mission under extremely difficult and hazardous conditions as to set them apart and above other units participating in the same battle.
Their sustained brilliance in battle, their resoluteness, and extraordinary heroism are in keeping with the finest traditions of the renowned military forces of the British Commonwealth, and reflect unsurpassed credit on these courageous soldiers and their homeland.

BY COMMAND OF LIEUTENANT GENERAL VAN FLEET

Lest We Forget.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by _chica_

i love what you wrote, it is so simple and true