Types of Lesbians

last reply
52 replies
7.5k views
0 watchers
2 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I know this LGBT is very male dominated, which I have no problem with, but just wondered as being bi-curious I did some research and was not so much surprised but it made my situation a little more complex when thinking about who am I attracted to and what type would be attracted to me.

If you're Lesbian or Bi what type are you and what type are you attracted to?

http://www.yourtango.com/2016294587/your-handy-guide-11-different-lesbian-types-stereotypes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Verena
I know this LGBT is very male dominated, which I have no problem with, but just wondered as being bi-curious I did some research and was not so much surprised but it made my situation a little more complex when thinking about who am I attracted to and what type would be attracted to me.

http://www.yourtango.com/2016294587/your-handy-guide-11-different-lesbian-types-stereotypes

I am Bi and did not find any of the 11 types described to be my choice. Mainly because I consider a Lesbian to be a woman that only has sex with other women. That is also the general belief in the lifestyle community I associate with, in the New Orleans, Louisiana area.

I like women who dress very feminine as I do. I usually wear dresses or skirts and blouses with heels. If I wear underwear it is very feminine. I do not have any desire to be with women who are only interested in other women as a sex partner. I have never been with a butch and they are a turn off to me. If I had to make a choice of being Bi or Straight I would be straight. As a Bi woman it is probably 60 to 65 % male and 35 to 40 % female. My orgasms are much stronger, intense, and have more waves when i am fucking a man.

Based on the pictures and video on your profile I would think we have similar taste in women. No pun was intended when I wrote taste, but it could very well be one.

Brandie
0 likes
I'm bisexual and my preference for women is feminine. My wife is soft butch, strictly lesbian with a feminine side.

I had a "type". My wife is perfect for me and fits none of the types.

EDIT: I'm femme. If you met me, You wouldn't guess that I'm not straight.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I am very bisexual, but I have been much more a lesbian at different times in my life. To the extent that I can be labeled by this list, I am partly to be characterized by several categories: 1. the activist lesbian (I am very active in LGBT social justice), 3. Chapstick lesbian (despite my looks, I don't often wear really frilly, feminine clothes. I grew up on a farm and I'm very Tomboy and kinda nerdy) 7. Power lesbian (I have a professional career as a COO and part owner of a small company with nearly 40 employees), and 8. a hasbian lesbian. (In college, I was a LUG. All through my 20's I was more into women than guys. Now I'm a bit more into guys than women, but still have a part-time girlfriend). All my girlfriends have been very attractive and either chapstick or lipstick lesbians. Not attracted to butch, bois, or bull dykes.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I remember a conversation I had with a woman who described herself as bi-curious. I asked whether she had ever eaten a woman's pussy. "Yes," she said, "about 20 times." I laughed.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have lived with a lesbian and as a lesbian for two years. I was Bi when the relationship developed.
I found I could not live without a man in my bed for any longer and returned to my Bi status.
For many years now I have lived with another woman in a bi relationship. We have another woman and three guys in a FWB relationship. None of whom live with us.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think I would be categorised as a late LUG. As for the type of women I'm attracted to it's the pretty feminine type but I certainly haven't lost any interest in men
Lurker
0 likes
I tend to be attracted to the older type of lesbian,how many types are there???
Lurker
0 likes
Don't really fit the categories described. Femme, prefer other femme lesbians. Love my wife.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Returning to this post and having read the article.
I was involved with a "Power" type. and I was a "Lug"
She was a school teacher and older than me and retained the educator role during our relationship. I was the perfect student and soon learned the ways and means of maintaining her interest in me and the relationship lasted two years.
I live with my girlfriend in what many would call a lesbian relationship but we are both very Bisexual.
0 likes
What a fun thread, thanks for posting! That article was pretty interesting, although I must say I don't think it was nearly as long as it could have been. Personally, I gravitate to the chapstick lesbian. Sorta a tom-boy kinda gal. I love the butch girls, but I'm not as attracted to them as the 'chapstick' lesbians. In the '90s I thought of myself as a lipstick lesbian, but now I realize I've always been a chapstick girl, just not a tomboy.

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As an observer and friend of many lesbians over the years, I have tried hard to avoid stereotypical labeling. To me, sexuality can be very fluid. Outward manifestations can only be of limited use. I think of myself as straight, but since I don't mind sharing my cum and hers with a woman, that sort of label is of limited usefulness. I suspect that many women can agree on that.
Lurker
0 likes
"Hasbian"? Now that sounds like a surname. Let me try this. Hey, guys. My name is Nicky Hasbian
Wild at Heart
1 like
What type of straight are you?

Sounds silly right?
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
I'm one of those lesbians that likes girls.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Liz
I'm one of those lesbians that likes girls.

do you wear lipstick OR are you all butch n shit tho
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
do you wear lipstick OR are you all butch n shit tho

Lipstick/chapstick.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Lipstick/chapstick.

Does that mean one follows the other? I will draw my own (sexually deviant) conclusions from this. No further reply is needed.
Her Royal Spriteness
1 like
Quote by Magical_felix
What type of straight are you?

Sounds silly right?

types of straight men:

The Smarty Pants A true nerd, he talks in high-falutin’ lingo about the things he’s into. He’ll blame his intellectual snobbery on simple Darwinism. So, you can nod along all you want, but if you can’t keep up, you’ll either get bored or kicked to the curb. Example: Bill Gates

The Brooder This thoughtful guy fancies himself a philosopher. He thinks he’s sensitive, but he’s mostly just a downer. Like a turtle, he’s got a squishy body and a hard shell that he likes to retreat into. Example: Benicio Del Torro

The Nice Guy He’s as predictable as his wardrobe. Usually bored by his job, you’re his excitement. You can always count on him, although sometimes you wish he’d buy a motorcycle or do something crazy. But who needs a Harley when your grandma already loves him? Example: Will Smith

The Charmer Smooth talkin’, well-dressed, with a million dollar smile, this gentlemen looks good, but he isn’t. He’ll promise you the moon, but be warned that after he gets what he wants, he often doesn’t want it anymore. Still, he’s so suave, you’ll never look back in anger. Example: Jack Nicholson

The Sensitive Guy This is who the brooding artist pretends to be, but a truly sensitive guy cares more about others than himself. He may over-anticipate your emotions, he loves his family, and he’ll always want to leave the party early. But his bookshelf will keep him entertained for ages. Example: Ryan Gosling

The Jock He’s got a body under those baggy clothes and that usually gives him a bad rap for being dumb. But really, he’s smart enough to know how to sculpt his body and battle it out on the field, so give him some credit. Above all, keep an eye on him because athletes have many admirers. Example: David Beckham

The Kook This guy was made for costume parties. He has colorful taste and odd interests. Wacky, wild, and often mistaken for being gay, don’t doubt his eccentricities, enjoy them…that is if you don’t get freaked out. Example: Mike Myers

The Mama’s Boy This pushover likes to be babied. He needs your constant attention and you’ll often ask yourself, “What would he do without me?” If he knows what’s good for him, he’ll do what you want, but he’ll never love you more than his mama. Example: Justin Timberlake

The Napoleon He thinks he can dominate everything and everyone. While you might try to blame it on his peen size, he can be summed up best by a word that rhymes with “brick”. He’s a handful and a challenge and you’ll feel sorry for every waitress at the restaurants you go to. But when this fighter falls in love, he’ll go to romantic extremes to protect and care for you. Example: Gordon Ramsay

The Funny Guy Silly fun, he just wants to make everyone laugh and sometimes he tries waaaaaay too hard. But he’s just trying to be liked because he’s a little insecure. If you’re willing to always give him the acknowledgment he wants, even if you have to fake chuckle, you’ll be his dream girl. But beware, when you’re not in public, he may have a dark side. Example: John Mayer

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes
Very tall, thin, soft butch lesbian with a taste for Italian suits. I own a skirt, but I don't know where it is. GF is also tall, very athletic, and chapstick. I suppose I am technically a baby as I have only been sexually active and out for a year of my near thirty. I was asexual before that.
Kinky Quill
0 likes
Quote by sprite

The Sensitive Guy This is who the brooding artist pretends to be, but a truly sensitive guy cares more about others than himself. He may over-anticipate your emotions, he loves his family, and he’ll always want to leave the party early. But his bookshelf will keep him entertained for ages. Example: Ryan Gosling
. Thsts me
I am glad that a flutter can mean so much, and be oh so powerful! Whilst I bring my own kind of chaos to those I choose to know everywhere, I do believe in Chaos theory, and I am glad that it is suggested that the fluttering wings of a butterfly can be felt the other side of the globe, it gives me hope that I can caress your soul.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i would say some where between lipstick and chapstick... i guess if there was a casual lipstick labelll love labels for sure RIGHT!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Verena

Erm, I think they missed the most popular “type.”
The “ORDINARY” lesbian.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by Peskygaygirl

Erm, I think they missed the most popular “type.”
The “ORDINARY” lesbian.

That would just freak out too many people I'm afraid.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by noll

That would just freak out too many people I'm afraid.

Ah, so that’s why it’s so difficult to be, normal.
Lurker
0 likes
I think they have mixed up types of lesbians with phases women go through. Any woman with a femme look works for me, lol.
Lurker
0 likes
Just the ones Im attracted to
Lurker
0 likes
When I met my wife, she was living in a lesbian relationship with an incredibly dominating "Butch". I think she was looking for a way out, and I come along and not knowing she was attached, I gave her an out. Unknowingly. After we had been married a little more than a year, she started to see women on the side and decided this was best for her. She's not what was listed, but she can be assumed to be straight. I've seen her with other women, trust me, you would know at that point she's definitely a dyke! But I know all of her! Been 25 years with her and going strong.
Lurker
0 likes
Never knew that there were 11 types of lesbians, but if I had to choose I would say that I'm a cross between chapstick and stone butch