Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

disappearing votes (not a complaint, just curious)

last reply
5 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hi, was wondering if someone could help me w my curiosity about disappearing votes on my newest story. I only noticed because the votes that disappeared were all the ones that were less than a 5.

Unfortunately, while I do pay a decent amount of attention to the votes etc., on my stories, particularly the newest ones, when votes and comments are more frequent, I didn't pay close enough attention to have all the info I might want here.

Here's what I do know, or what I can conclude based on stuff I noticed along the way.

My newest story, "A Wedding, a Tie, and ad Test of Wills," was posted last week. It got a 2 fairly early on, and I'm pretty sure at least two 4s. I know there had to be at least 3 scores that were not 5s, because I do know that at some point recently the story had 40+ votes and an average of < 5.

Just now, however, when I looked at my profile, the average score for the story had gone up to 5. I went down to the little graph at the bottom, and the only scores listed are 5s.

I understand that scores disappear when people delete their profiles, but it seems a little strange that 3 people who'd voted on that story all deleted their profiles in such short succession?

And I wasn't paying close enough attention to the number of votes to know if the vote total had shrunk, though I suspect it must have.

I'm not complaining (why would I be?), but it seems a bit strange. Since I like knowing how things work, was wondering if anyone could enlighten me.

thanks!
0 likes
well there's a rather simple explanation, mike.

I hated you intensely for writing such a good reluctance story so i created three new accounts, gave you a 2 a 4 and a 4 (i was gonna give three 1's but that felt obvious), anyway, then you did something nice - can't remember what - so i felt bad and deleted the accounts.

you're welcome and have a great day!
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
I can put them back if you like

I would say it was either some new members who quickly deleted, or a troll who the admin quietly disposed of.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
A few nasties have recently been dragged off into the woods never to be heard from again. It is possible this is related but it could also be other people leaving or changing their mind on the scoring.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Liz
A few nasties have recently been dragged off into the woods never to be heard from again. It is possible this is related but it could also be other people leaving or changing their mind on the scoring.

thanks. I figured it had to be something like that. It just seemed like a lot of votes to disappear so quickly, given that they had to have been given so recently, based on the age of the story. Then again, for all I know this happens all the time.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
That's happened to me a few times too. I get an inordinate number of 1's (of course, I guess if you don't like the stories, it's not inordinate). smile Anyway, sometimes they disappear. I always figured it was temporary accounts that were closed.