Login

The "Runaway Bride" Duology

last reply
8 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
No relation to the Julia Roberts movie and it's an informal title rather than a formal one, but I have a pair of stories coming out about a groom getting left at the altar and the bride who left him there.

The groom's story, about how he is comforted by an old friend after things go awry, is up now:

Wedding Night Blues

The bride's tale will follow in the next day or two, mods willing, and I will update the thread when it arrives.
0 likes
And, the duology is now complete with the addition of the bride's story. It begins with her going for a night on the town with her maid of honour and ends in a life changing decision.

A Bride's Awakening
0 likes
Quick thought based on one comment: If you happen to read A Bride's Awakening first instead of Wedding Night Blues, put that in your comment. I think of "Bride" as being the "sequel" and wrote it second but at least one person read them the other way around and I kind of hoped this pair of stories would work in both directions.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
I hadn't realized the were from opposing POVs! That sounds really good - I read the second one first, and really enjoyed it, tonight I will go back and read the first.

It would be really difficult to pull off well, but I'd love to read the actual email she sent him in the second story. That was one of my favorite details.
0 likes
As I work on further stories about Curt and Julia, I have discovered that my "runaway bride" is the second character I have named "Julia". One of my early stories here was a about a student journalist and his encounter with the reclusive but beautiful Professor Julia Miller. A rather different Julia though as I re-read it, she does seem like someone the young bride Julia could become as she ages and learns more about her desires (but that's speculation, not canon).

The Professor