So confused

last reply
11 replies
2.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I am so confused right now. I was married for 28 years and he walked out on me. No notice or anything. That was 2 yrs ago. I met a man about 1 1/2 months later. he kept asking me out and of course i kept saying not interested. I finally gave in and went out. We both agreed that we were not looking for a relationship (which was fine with me.) we went out several times and things between us started heating up. We became more than friends and we both believe we fell in love with each other. Everything was fine until about 6 months ago. Now he wants to be just "friends" I really confused.

Why now? Did I do something wrong? I know our ages are so different that people have issues with it. But why now does he want to take things back to the beginning. He still tells me that he loves me.

Just so confused.
0 likes
Perhaps he met someone else or his circumstances changed? Only he can tell you why his mind has changed so dramatically .
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sometimes love and passion take a relationship to a point where the brain never wanted to go to. When that happens, there comes a moment when that battle between "heart" and "brains" reaches a decision, and it's not always the heart that wins. Perhaps that's what happened to him.
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
0 likes
The kind, trusting part of me says essentially what patokl said--that perhaps he is, subjectively, still in love, but objectively, cannot tolerate that love.

The clinical, naturally suspect part of me says that he met someone, or was already with someone, at some level, when he met you. You were his unwitting litmus test. If he's totally ghosted, think "married". Not that he couldn't have been being genuine when he told you that he loved you--it's just that those are easy words to dangle from your lips when you're in the heady throes of lust and excitement.

Whatever the case, straighten your skirt, brush yourself off, and move forward. You did nothing to deserve this treatment. You are not responsible for his feelings or lack thereof, period, full stop.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am sorry.

The unfortunate truth is only he can tell you. It is likely to be a mutually painful discussion.

There are so many reasons that could exist. In my life, one lover broke off after she had an affair with a richer and more successful guy (at the time). One left because after being in a relationship with me, she decided she preferred women (ego crusher - "I was so horrible I turned her off all men," according to my college friends). One wanted to be only fuck buddies when I wanted love. One wanted to change me and realized I would never be converted to her ideal. One broke up with me because we were going different directions at that stage of our life. I can go on, but the point is that there can be reasons about you, about him, or about something else. It is hard to know without asking. None of here can answer.

I would encourage you to be true to yourself, be happy with yourself, don't seek completion through others, and continue to seek love. Don't give up.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I want to to thank everyone for the advice. We did talk and both decided that we both have relationship issues. He with 3 divorces and me with my one divorce. we both did agree that we allowed the relationship to change on its on but we both really like the "friends" relationship. Don't get me wrong the sex is out of this world. I know that he is afraid of getting hurt again and he doesn't want to hurt me. and Vice versa. So we are just "friends" but agree that we won't date any one else but each other. we know we love each other but we know that what we have can only be in distant that we will never touch or catch.

I don't want to look for anyone else I know where my heart lies and I am okay with just waiting. They say those who wait will win at the end. So I wait.

Thanks again.
Sweetmmouse
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by sweetmmouse
I want to to thank everyone for the advice. We did talk and both decided that we both have relationship issues. He with 3 divorces and me with my one divorce. we both did agree that we allowed the relationship to change on its on but we both really like the "friends" relationship. Don't get me wrong the sex is out of this world. I know that he is afraid of getting hurt again and he doesn't want to hurt me. and Vice versa. So we are just "friends" but agree that we won't date any one else but each other. we know we love each other but we know that what we have can only be in distant that we will never touch or catch.

I don't want to look for anyone else I know where my heart lies and I am okay with just waiting. They say those who wait will win at the end. So I wait.

Thanks again.
Sweetmmouse

I'm late to the party here.

Not that my opinion means anything .... but I suggest you don't waste your life waiting for a man (or anyone).

You were married for 28 years .... didn't those 28 years go fast? Looking at age .... you pass 50, and there's another 28 years maybe .... and to wait for someone who doesn't say, "now, now is important for however long .... I choose now and I choose you now"

Wasting time waiting for the perfect moment, the return of love, the final goal ... is sad when life is to be lived .... Our lives are often not long .... and living a full life should be the point of our lives.

Van
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
Had it occurred to you that he might be a secret agent mer-man from the lost (as far as we're led to believe) civilization of Atlantis, and that seducing you was part of his classified mer-mission to gather intelligence on the "dry people," but you had gotten too close to revealing his true identity which would necessitate an assassination/suicide, so to spare your life, instead of terminating you, he told you he wanted to just be friends?

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by Just_A_Guy_You_Know
Had it occurred to you that he might be a secret agent mer-man from the lost (as far as we're led to believe) civilization of Atlantis, and that seducing you was part of his classified mer-mission to gather intelligence on the "dry people," but you had gotten too close to revealing his true identity which would necessitate an assassination/suicide, so to spare your life, instead of terminating you, he told you he wanted to just be friends?

Mer-Man, in my experience, are all about self-preservation, especially the Atlantian ones. I seriously doubt his reasons, whatever they may be were selfless ones.

Good Morning smile
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Convict
0 likes
Quote by VanGogh

I'm late to the party here.

Not that my opinion means anything .... but I suggest you don't waste your life waiting for a man (or anyone).

You were married for 28 years .... didn't those 28 years go fast? Looking at age .... you pass 50, and there's another 28 years maybe .... and to wait for someone who doesn't say, "now, now is important for however long .... I choose now and I choose you now"

Wasting time waiting for the perfect moment, the return of love, the final goal ... is sad when life is to be lived .... Our lives are often not long .... and living a full life should be the point of our lives.

Van

This may cause mass hysteria but I agree with Van. It sounds to me like he wants his cake and to eat it too. The relationship you have when you're not having a relationship. I'm suspicious.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
Since your re-meeting and agreeing a friends with benefits relationship rekindled has he become a lot more suggestive with things you do sexually together. If it has I would worry that he was just a player looking for those that will go just that little bit further with him, maybe give yourselfs another longer break this time clear both your heads and then see how it goes.