Ppl are real big behind the keyboards

last reply
30 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Yep.. it's true. Since joining, I have had so many that have sent messages. I don't mind them but when I politely tell them I'm not interested, they fire back with all kinds of insults and then block you from responding. Got to love the maturity. Everyone is so brave behind a keyboard. Keep it classy...

Camille
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
I'm actually really big behind my keyboard ;)

Anyway, welcome to Lush. Try not to get upset by some wankers. They're not worth it. There are a lot of nice folks too. Enjoy!

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

0 likes
Quote by CamilleBBCSlut
Yep.. it's true. Since joining, I have had so many that have sent messages. I don't mind them but when I politely tell them I'm not interested, they fire back with all kinds of insults and then block you from responding. Got to love the maturity. Everyone is so brave behind a keyboard. Keep it classy...

Camille

We're not all like that, you know. We gorillas, for instance, are quiet, gentles beasts even behind a keyboard. Get us in the sack though ...

Welcome to Lush, Camille. Hope the pickup crowd doesn't scare you off. Maybe hit the stories for a while. There are some good ones I hear. Even the ones written by apes.
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Hi Camille, and welcome. You're right, some can be obnoxious and it's unquestionably tougher for the ladies, because too many guys are jerks that don't know how to accept a polite turn-down graciously and move on. Don't let it get to you and you'll find a lot of very nice folks here too, of every possible persuasion. Use the "Block" feature as needed and enjoy your time here, and feel free to hit us up in the forums if you have any questions.
0 likes
Camille, welcome to Lush.

You'll find that the onslaught of unsolicited messages and friend requests dies down a bit after a while. Until then, the "block" button is your friend. Again, welcome and please don't presume that the actions of the few represent the community as a whole.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Nerdzilla
0 likes
I don't know how I managed to avoid the creeps even when I first signed up but I did! There are keyboard warriors everywhere on the internet though. Ignore them the best you can and use the block feature when you need it. We're all perverts, but not all of us are insulting jerks. smile
0 likes
I never got very many. maybe guys like that don't like coffee. all the more for me!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Somehow I luckily escaped being noticed by the herds and masses, and go figure. But I'm probably the least popular profile type...I refuse to give strangers so much of myself, no offense. Getting to know someone through actual messaging is so much better than meaningless friend requests from "collectors". Block button, ahoy!
For generations our ancestors fought proudly as warriors against the Jedi. Reclaim our armored past for an unending future.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hi Camille, Welcome to Lush!
As others have said, you will get a few (many) people here to whom tact is only a concept. Try not to let it bother you. You have the power of block and delete as well. If they continue to give you a hard time, just eliminate the problem! And as far as new ones coming on, well the only way to solve that is to set up your PM's so only your friends can send them. It makes it hard to find new people that way, but it does cut down on the number of wannabes that can PM you.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
Welcome to Lush Camille! as many have said already it will take a little time to settle into good friends that are genuine, don't be put off by the minority.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Master_Jonathan
Hi Camille, Welcome to Lush!
As others have said, you will get a few (many) people here to whom tact is only a concept. Try not to let it bother you. You have the power of block and delete as well. If they continue to give you a hard time, just eliminate the problem! And as far as new ones coming on, well the only way to solve that is to set up your PM's so only your friends can send them. It makes it hard to find new people that way, but it does cut down on the number of wannabes that can PM you.

Master Jonathan is overly generous. Some couldn't even spell tact if you spotted them two 'T's.

Welcome!
0 likes
Welcome Camille,
Lush is a great place. Don't give up on it. It will take time to learn the good from the bad. But as MJ said, you do have the power of block and delete. Don't be afraid to use it. it will save you a lot of headaches. Enjoy Lush..
Click below to see

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
I'm 8 feet tall behind the keyboard!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
It's a well-known fact that men's genitals are twice their customary size when they're surfing the net... this goes for both their balls and their dicks.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Yes, right now, while online, my pecker is a double-decker.
Forum Kan-Guru
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
It's a well-known fact that men's genitals are twice their customary size when they're surfing the net... this goes for both their balls and their dicks.

Yep, the problem is that, for some guys, that means that there's no blood left for the brain. Which is possibly the cause of the OP's issue. Hopefully she'll get past those guys and have fun on Lush - there are some really nice people here too!
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Liar

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

With a heart and sense of humor and mischief 20 feet tall!
Lurker
0 likes
I haven't had that problem but I have decided its because I am just not that attractive to the men here at Lush.....
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Smoocher

HUSH ... I may be old, and have had vision difficulties in the past, but you are one "attractive" young woman to me.

I take it back....Smoocher is real big, behind the keyboard.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Becky4Texas
I haven't had that problem but I have decided its because I am just not that attractive to the men here at Lush.....

I can not imagine some of what gets said by "men" to you Becky, but this man feels diminished by it.
I pray this will help you:
Illegitimus, non-carborundum! = Don't let the 'illegitimates' wear you down!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Becky4Texas
That proves that even a smart woman like you can come to the wrong conclusion.
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
Troublemaker
0 likes
Hey Camille: welcome to Lush. Sad that you encountered so many trolls up front but stick around, there are some amazing people here. I figure many people show their true colours on the Internet; too bad for them. I try to find the humour in their behaviour because in the end its pretty laughable.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by patokl
That proves that even a smart woman like you can come to the wrong conclusion.

Conclusion based on 6 months of evidence....
English Gentleman
0 likes
i have to say sorry for my half of the species. some men are dicks.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Becky4Texas

Conclusion based on 6 months of evidence....
Well, you're wrong, at least as far as I'm concerned
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i