Login

Votes on Stories

last reply
8 replies
1.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
When a person makes the wrong vote on a story, and they go back and change it. Won't the first post number go away and it show the new post number? (Say the first post was a 4 and the new post was a 5. Won't the 4 go away?) Also wont it show on your time line that so and so changed there vote on said story?
Click below to see

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Will the change reflect on the bottom score chart?

- Yes, but possibly not immediately. It might take a while for things to catch up, I'm not sure whether certain scripts would need to run first to recalc things.

Will the score change show on your timeline?

- I don't think so. Never seen one of these notifications before. Don't see the need for it if you don't know who it is.
0 likes
Quote by Liz
Will the change reflect on the bottom score chart?

- Yes, but possibly not immediately. It might take a while for things to catch up, I'm not sure whether certain scripts would need to run first to recalc things.

Will the score change show on your timeline?

- I don't think so. Never seen one of these notifications before. Don't see the need for it if you don't know who it is.

Ok, It said on my blog that the person did change his score to a five from a four, yet the four never left. Does the four remain, or does it eventually go away?
Click below to see

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Simplicity

Ok, It said on my blog that the person did change his score to a five from a four, yet the four never left. Does the four remain, or does it eventually go away?

I suspect the change vote option is broken. I think it may have gotten messed up when the voting system got retooled.

A friend had the experience of someone changing a vote (and getting the alert on their timeline) but with no accompanying change in score.

On my end, I was the one who tried to change my score on simplicity's story. The system let me do it, sort of. When I hit 'change vote,' the greyed out old vote on the voting menu became active, allowing me to select a new vote. However, when I was done, the greyed out vote was the old vote, not the new one.
0 likes
Quote by oceanrunner

I suspect the change vote option is broken. I think it may have gotten messed up when the voting system got retooled.

A friend had the experience of someone changing a vote (and getting the alert on their timeline) but with no accompanying change in score.

On my end, I was the one who tried to change my score on simplicity's story. The system let me do it, sort of. When I hit 'change vote,' the greyed out old vote on the voting menu became active, allowing me to select a new vote. However, when I was done, the greyed out vote was the old vote, not the new one.

Smells like you're right about the change vote being borked. Might want to drop Gav a note.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by oceanrunner

This explains what I saw on my blog. It was clear you made the effort but for some reason the system didn't take it. She has voting back on. I suggest testing it again might assist Gav in determining. If the problem is in phones and tablets or if it occurs when computers are used to access the change.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
What story are we talking about? This one?

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/cheating.aspx

Other than 5's, there are two 4's and one 3 score. The graph looks correct to me, as does the average based on the total number of scores. If Oceanrunner would be so kind as to PM me to let me know what his score is supposed to be on this story I will check to see if it is correctly recorded.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Liz
What story are we talking about? This one?

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/cheating.aspx

Other than 5's, there are two 4's and one 3 score. The graph looks correct to me, as does the average based on the total number of scores. If Oceanrunner would be so kind as to PM me to let me know what his score is supposed to be on this story I will check to see if it is correctly recorded.

Done.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by oceanrunner
Done.

Thank you.

Your score was incorrectly recorded on the story despite you changing it. I have changed this manually and the chart and average have both now updated.

Will speak to Gav about checking the 'change score' function.

Okey-dokey?