A Question For You

last reply
14 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I wondered what you thought about when somebody reads your story and basically ruins the surprise portion of your story in their comment.

Do you mind that they did that or are you bothered by it?

I'd really like your feedback on this topic.

Please advise,
Mysteria
xo
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
doesn't bother me one bit. most people, i think, or, at least i, don't read comments until i'm done with the story.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Agree. Comments come after the story, so who's going to read them before reading the story? Dicks who do deserve to have the story spoiled...
Nerdzilla
0 likes
Quote by sprite
doesn't bother me one bit. most people, i think, or, at least i, don't read comments until i'm done with the story.

This.
0 likes
I'm quite pleased when they do 'cos it proves they actually read the story and spotted the twist

Joking aside, I have to agree with the posts above.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I'm just grateful they've bothered to read my story. I save my snits for more earth-shaking issues, and I agree with the above posts.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Thanks so much for your reply...

Hugs,
Mysteria
Xo
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by GoNE68
Agree. Comments come after the story, so who's going to read them before reading the story? Dicks who do deserve to have the story spoiled...

Thanks so much for your reply.

Hugs,
Mysteria
Xo
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by Delphi

This.

Thanks so much for your reply.

Hugs,
Mysteria
Xo
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by Saucymh
I'm quite pleased when they do 'cos it proves they actually read the story and spotted the twist

Joking aside, I have to agree with the posts above.

Thanks for your reply.

Hugs,
Mysteria
Xo
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
I'm just grateful they've bothered to read my story. I save my snits for more earth-shaking issues, and I agree with the above posts.

Thanks for the your reply.

Hugs,
Mysteria
Xo
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
If it bothers you, you could always send the commentor a polite request to change it.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by Liz
If it bothers you, you could always send the commentor a polite request to change it.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Hugs,
Mysteria
xo
Forum Kan-Guru
0 likes
I did read the comments first on a few occasions, but even seemingly innocuous comments like "I love the twist - it really works" could spoil it (because I'd be reading thinking, 'what's the twist?'). And I'd much rather get comments on which bits of the story worked (or didn't) than a generic "hot story". Besides, the comments don't tell me much about whether I want to read the story, so I learnt pretty quickly to not read the comments before the story...
Lurker
0 likes
I agree with Sprite. I don't read comments until I read the whole story or poem. And also agree with Saucymh, because sometimes when reading the comments I noticed something I missed or helps to clarify or understand more.

Hello, Lady M! Wish you a lovely day!