I should carry a diary!

last reply
11 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In the middle of the day, doing something completely innocent I sometimes find myself struck with a story idea.. by the time I get home its gone.. and i can sit in front of the computer for ages and not be able to remember!

I need a diary or notebook to keep all of my dirty thoughts in!!

Anybody else find themselves in similar situations? Or do I just had a bad memory ..haha
As I meander through the simplicities of life.. I wonder about the complexities that are yet to come...
Lurker
0 likes
I have had that happen a couple of times when out. I do a little bit of poetry writing and have had a few ideas pop in my head and like you said same thing can't remember them when I get home in front of my laptop I should start doing the same thing carrying a small note pad.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I always have a pen on me at the very least, when i get ideas i can always write them on my hand or inside wrist (i've done it several times) I have also called my house and left messages on my answering machine with story ideas. If i see someone that sparks a story I try to take a pic of them with my camera phone helps me see them later. Dont know if those ideas will help you.

Apple
0 likes
Most times I've got a pen and notepad handy, but in the past sometimes I've had to resort to noting story ideas in my mobile phone just so I don't lose them. They don't often come back to me once they're gone!
Lurker
0 likes
I don't always have a paper around but i always have a pen. But recently my best ideas have been from when i have awoken from a dream I don't care if it was scary or romantic. something about dream images always spark a ( ohhhh somebody pinged in msn then and i lost my train of thought grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) see that what happens , you get a thought and somebody interupts it haha. well i also sometimes get poems or words in my dreams. this was one of mine. "Dreams are like bubbles; they burst and fade away". that was in a dream and there was no way i would of thought of that while i was awake, cool or what heay
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ok so at the very least, I should carry a pen- so i can scrawl ideas all over my body ..haha
poems in your dreams .. now thats one creative person!
As I meander through the simplicities of life.. I wonder about the complexities that are yet to come...
Lurker
0 likes
Just make sure they're visible when you type, Rush.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I carry a notebook around with me most of the time (and a pen). But I do a lot of writing that I never show anybody. It's more for myself. So if something comes to my mind than I write it down, because most likely I won't want to do it at a later date.
Lurker
0 likes
I get upset when I can't remember too. That's why I carry a notebook with me. I was getting tired of people coming up to me and asking me did I remember to do certain things and me having to tell them I don't remember. It happens to me too at times. I call them "brain farts"!! Funny, I know!!
Lurker
0 likes
ha ha brain farts that a funny expression, I have also heard the expression 'chunky-burp' when you burp and a bit of sick comes at same time gross i know haha lol
Internet Sensation
0 likes
In two seconds it's always gone. apart from the stories that carries theselves over the years.

I'm starting to feel like a traitor of my country for writing in english...
*backs out slowly*
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
A small recorder. If I start to "write" it then I want to "finish it" or "edit it" or something. A quick verbal note to self works for me.