Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

is the page-fold method of bookmarking acceptable to you?

last reply
63 replies
6.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes

is the page-fold bookmark acceptable to you?

43 votes remaining
hell, yes, fold, fold, fold! (13 votes) 30%
fuck, no. it's book-abuse. (41 votes) 95%
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee
whaddaya think?

Only for Lush Stories.

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It is acceptable unless it's a library book! LOL! (They hate that sort of thing there!)
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
I have no strong feelings about this, but I would like the tiny but beloved library I pass on to my kids, and them perhaps to their kids (if anyone still reads books anymore by then) not have the corners of the pages fall off due to bookmarking.

Paperbacks are an exception - fold away.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
*Stares in horror* books are sacred. always carry a bookmark.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
If it's not your book, then no. If it is, do whatever TF you want.

If it's mine, run very fast.
The Linebacker
0 likes
If it is my book and it's a paperback, yeah, no big deal. No on hardbacks or other people's books I've borrowed. If the book belongs to someone else I show them enough respect not to fold the page corners and am careful as possible with it.
Lurker
0 likes
I've done it sometimes to my own books, but just use something as a bookmark now.
Nerdzilla
0 likes
That drives me crazy. No way!
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
All is fair in love and reading.
Claim that text.
If bent pages make it yours, then make it yours.
? A True Story ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Only in dire emergencies.
Story Verifier
0 likes
Drives me mad to see books defaced this way.

Unless it's a tax book - which I use a lot for constant reference, or other working reference book, I never do it. Bookmarks are free in Libraries and most book shops, such as Waterstones, always have a pile of them at the tills so there's no excuse.

I also hate to see grubby finger marks on pages too!
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
0 likes
I don't dog-ear.

However, I have no problem with laying a book face-down and hurting the spine. Go figure.
0 likes
Definitely not library or other borrowed books.

I might dog ear my own if it's a book I refer to regularly (e.g. one of my religious/philosophical texts) and there's specific pages I frequently access, but I use a bookmark for temporarily marking my spot.

PS. Didn't answer the poll because there's no middle ground. Neither of those extremes fits my response.
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

PS. Didn't answer the poll because there's no middle ground. Neither of those extremes fits my response.

i do apologise.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by sprite

This.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

This.

I borrowed a book from Bethany and found this...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I ruined my Barnes & Noble Nook that way.
Lurker
0 likes
I dog-ear and devil-tail books as wanted. Don't care. I don't believe a physical book is so sacred I cannot show it some love and use. I actually collect old, tattered books that are ranked C, D and F by collectors. I don't care so much for pristine things because they make me feel gloomy - like someone just collected books with no intention of reading them. Perhaps that's why I like collecting dictionaries.
0 likes
Quote by 69Kisses96

LOL. Actually it is interesting that I've seen a lot of e-reader software show "bookmarks" as virtual dog ears. Probably tells us something about how programmers treat books.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by Buz

I borrowed a book from Bethany and found this...

I wondered where that got to!
Orgasm Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Exactly this. You wouldn't know that I'd read a book by its physical appearance. No page-folding or spine bending.

A young woman I work with folded over the corner of her book when I went over to talk to her during lunch. I make some disapproving noises which made her cheeks flush like Chinese lanterns at New Year. Apparently she'd never done the page-folding thing before and promised to never do it again. We talk so much now that we don't get around to reading anyway.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
This topic brings to mind Rex Stout and his detective Nero Wolfe. Archie Goodwin would watch his employer reading books and could tell from the way he handled them whether Nero had a good opinion of the author. If he used his gold bookmark he held the writer in esteem, if he used a common paper bookmark he was willing to give the author the benefit of the doubt for the time being, but if he started dog-earring the books that indicated that his opinion had changed. He didn't think well of the author's work.

Personally, I love books. I've never folded a corner over in any book. It's almost a spiritual thing with me. But, if you own the book do as you please.
0 likes
No. Just NO. Use a book mark.
I use post-it notes. They don't fall out.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Guilty. I have lost so many book marks I just gave up. Never a library book.
0 likes
Quote by Saucymh
No. Just NO. Use a book mark.
I use post-it notes. They don't fall out.

That's what my wife does if she doesn't want to mark up the book.

If it's a textbook, then she just highlights (she's a prof).
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
If you hate puppies then this is the perfect technique for you
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It may sound odd but very little annoys me more than a folded page corner. I even try to read a paperback without creasing or cracking the spine and people who wet their fingers and pinch the page corners of a magazine... just don't get me started on that!

WooHoo!!!! 27,000 views! Could I dare to hope for a famous story...

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/milf/the-runner.aspx
0 likes
Quote by 69Kisses96

LOL! I was just about to post this same thing

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.