paragraph breaks in story submissions

last reply
5 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
In case others find this useful, I'm sharing my experience and the experimenting I did today.

My experiences so far, since the submission box was updated:

-Pasting from a googledoc. All formatting of the italics variety disappears and has to be re-added by hand. I also get an extra line between paragraphs, which also has to be deleted by hand.

Pasting from Word. Better. Italics are preserved, but I still have the extra line between paragraphs.

So, today I decided to see if I could fix things on the Word side. I selected the option under "paragraph" of "don't add space between paragraphs of the same style."

I then created a few paragraphs worth of text in Word. There was no space between my paragraphs, which I found visually difficult, especially since I've lost the habit of indenting new paragraphs, because lush doesn't like that.

However, I discovered that if I indented in Word (which makes my paragraph spacing visually okay for me while I write), and then copied those indented paragraphs over to the lush submission pane, the indents disappear, and there is the correct amount of space between paragraphs.

What I really wanted to avoid was any version of having to manually reformat at the point of submission. That is, I didn't want to have to either remove spaces between paragraphs all at once, or remove indents, all at once. I also wanted my composition window to be visually neat for me. So, I think indenting each paragraph as I go will help me see my paragraph breaks clearly as I write, but these will disappear automatically when copying over to lush.

So if anyone else had been having similar problems, this may be a way to go. Of course I'm sure many of you already figured this, or other workarounds, out, but I thought I'd offer this just in case.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I do my writing in Word. In the initial set-up, I choose the 'no spacing' option (as opposed to 'Normal.' For the most part, I've had no troubles getting the transfer of documents from Word to Lush to look the way I want them to look (I can get a little OCD about how it looks).

I noticed about a month ago that EVERY story that was approved and added to Page 1 seemed to have an extra line between paragraphs. My guess was that there was something wrong with the Lush transfer system, because all of the stories looked the same.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Allow me to add to oceanrunner's helpful post by saying that I use Wordpad, the generic preloaded word-processing program that came with my computer. My version of Microsoft Word acts bizarre so I don't use it very often - I can't trust it to save my work.
In Wordpad, I can keep my italics when copy/pasting to the Lush editor, however it throws an extra line space between paragraphs that has to be manually removed.
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
I have been trying to work out how to remove the extra line break between each individual line in my old poem "Diana And Me".

At the moment, it appears with a whole line space between each line, and two line spaces between each "verse". So it's all stupidly spread out.

I'm not very good at working out this sort of thing (especially at the moment) and it is doing my head in.

Any help or advice gratefully received.

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

English Rose
0 likes
Quote by naughtyannie
I have been trying to work out how to remove the extra line break between each individual line in my old poem "Diana And Me".

At the moment, it appears with a whole line space between each line, and two line spaces between each "verse". So it's all stupidly spread out.

I'm not very good at working out this sort of thing (especially at the moment) and it is doing my head in.

Any help or advice gratefully received.

Cut and paste it into a blank Lush message (which you don't have to send to anyone), clear the formatting in the submission box, then space it how you want in the Lush message before copy and pasting it back in. Works every time for me...
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/fetish/worship-my-bum.aspx
My new story has been awarded the Recommended Read. If you adore a needy bottom and fancy a short, but very naughty read...
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Quote by KatieElizabeth

Cut and paste it into a blank Lush message (which you don't have to send to anyone), clear the formatting in the submission box, then space it how you want in the Lush message before copy and pasting it back in. Works every time for me...

Thanks for the advice. It seems to work. I've sent you a message about it.

Annie xxx

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx