Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How do you feel when a friend request is ignored?

last reply
41 replies
2.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I know I shouldn't care, but it does bother me. I'm new to the site, still learning about it, but from what I gather, adding someone as your friend pretty much costs you nothing - the ability for them to comment on your photos.

I try not to impose my thoughts onto the ignorer (like they're at the cool kids lunch table, and I don't get to sit with them), because it could be anything. I've been on here a few weeks, and have accepted anybody who asked to be my friend. I have sent 3 friend requests and one accepted (thank you again, "sweetmc" - I adore you, and my other friends), and the other two ignored it.

Professionally, I'm used to rejection: I've been in sales for 28 very successful years, and that type of rejection does not faze me one bit. Personally, it's a different matter, especially when you lose nothing by accepting.

I'm probably just being too sensitive.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I very rarely ask others for a friend-request. Nearly all my friends have asked me, so I don't think I've ever had a friend-request ignored, but I can relate to the feeling of being left out of the cool kids lunch table here on Lush. The only friend requests I ignore are from guys who never read/comment stories, or post in the forums, meaning, they're only here to add friends and chat with girls. I'll add anyone who's here for the stories and forums.
Lurker
0 likes
I am here to write stories and not BS or try to reinvent myself. I like conversations about writing and I am not inclined to play silly games.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am obviously not for everyone. If I make my best effort to be someone's friend and they decide not to respond, that is their prerogative.
Lurker
0 likes
confused and sometimes a little upset. I'm a good person to have on a friends list. I'm personable and honest and fun.
Site administrator
0 likes
Being someones friend is a bit more than being able to comment on each others images in the photo gallery, e.g. the ability to send online messages to each other and other features which many set to friends only.

I am wondering how much you interacted with the 2 members who declined your request before you sent it. Also I wonder what you put in the request; hopefully not just 'Hi'.

Being a real friend can be quite time consuming and many members will say on their profiles that they 'dont collect' friends and if after accepting a friend request that person doesnt interact on a regular basis then they will be removed.

Personally if someone rejects a request I send I would not let it bother me. Rather *shrug oh well never mind* sort of reaction.
Chat Moderator
0 likes
I'm a very selective person when adding friends (haven't added anyone in over 2 years). My friends here are also my friends off Lush (I've met a few in person), so I take the same approach. I get to know them and don't rush to add. My process is not for everyone, but it works for me.

However, I wouldn't send a friend request unless I ask first during the chat/email. Saves the sting of being ignored or denied.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't send a friend request to anyone and if I get one I don't add him/her unless we haven't interacted before. Adding someone new is not my cup of tea. I need to know something about the person before I add them. For me friendship is very important and unless I am comfortable with that person there is no point adding them. No use increasing the number of friends if you aren't interested in interacting with them. So, we shouldn't feel bad if a request is ignored. It's a person's choice to accept or decline.
Nerdzilla
0 likes
I sincerely hope that everyone on my friend's list on Lush doesn't want to be my BFF. Not that I have ill will, just that I struggle to keep up with friends in real life; my communication here is even spottier, unless it has to do with verifying stories or whatnot. I do respond to messages but I'm not only not great at initiating conversation, I'm pretty reserved and private too. That said, I rarely send a request for friendship but nearly always accept.

Don't let it bother you too much. Just enter the forums, chat rooms, or read or write stories and leave comments. We're an interesting bunch; you'll get to know people that way. smile
Lurker
0 likes
I'm ignored all the time, but I get the picture.
Lurker
0 likes
I really don't care……….
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It doesn't bother me much as I probably deny as many requests as times that I've been denied. I don't think much about it.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm sure somebody has ignored me, just like I've definitely ignored other people. It's not personal as these people don't know you at all. I've been on lush a long time and have very few friends so I wouldn't exactly say I'm popular. Don't let it bother you, just chat to the people who do want you around.
"A dirty book is rarely dusty"
English Gentleman
0 likes
i have a lot of friends on my friends list and try to talk to all of them when i get the chance. sometimes we just dont end upi talking. if a person ignores a freind request its no biggy to me. their loss.
Lurker
0 likes
Their loss, if they dont want to chat and exchange experiences and ideas that is there choice.
Ungovernable
0 likes
I've only requested when the acceptance was a 'sure thing.' smile
Troublemaker
0 likes
Wouldn't concern me in the least
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
i rarely send requests. when i do, it's after we have exchanged a few pm's and acceptance is pretty much guaranteed. however, i don’t think one should take it personally if you're sending random requests (which i believe is the case here). they denied the request - not you.

Say. Her. Name.

0 likes
i feel rejected and humiliated. i cry for hours.
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee
i feel rejected and humiliated. i cry for hours.

I don't think you do!

It's never happened, but don't worry about it. Just keep all those sharp objects out of the way

But seriously,,dont sweat and move on.
You should first read this Looky Here!!

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I tend only to send friend requests after having chatted with them previously. If there is a connection then I may suggest sending a friend request to them but wouldn't send one randomly. If there is someone I haven't chatted too who sparks a little intrigue I would send them a PM first but then that's because I am gentleman (well, most of the time ~smiles~)
A fondness for scribing an erotic tale ~ my stories can be found here: https://www.lushstories.com/whispered_words/stories

My hunger to write fuelled by the comments hoping you'll check a tale or two out...
Lurker
0 likes
Personally, I like people who have healthy boundaries, even if that means they ignore a friend request.

FYI, a lot of women here get A LOT of friend requests (and other forms of interaction) when compared to their activity on the site. Perhaps you should keep that in mind before hitting send.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I don't usually get them unless it's spam. But no big deal just move on!
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by kiera
Never had one ignored. I am way too adorable, resistance is futile

I suspect its your modesty they find so attractive.

I dont send friend requests these days. My experience tells me that the ladies here just want my body and my savings; they arent interested in the real me.

Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

I suspect its your modesty they find so attractive.

I dont send friend requests these days. My experience tells me that the ladies here just want my body and my savings; they arent interested in the real me.

You forgot my charming wit and striking personality.

You don't need those shallow tarts, you already have me. Plus you already have something to keep your willy warm at night, I got you it for Xmas.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by kiera

You forgot my charming wit and striking personality.

You don't need those shallow tarts, you already have me. Plus you already have something to keep your *huge* willy warm at night, I got you it for Xmas.

I fixed that for you.
Lurker
0 likes
I just return to my padded cell, beat my head off the walls till the guards arrive. Then as I'm encased in my straight-jacket I use the breathing techniques my psychiatrist taught me. All good really, just a shame it's a daily occurrence!
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by MsTrib
I just return to my padded cell, beat my head off the walls till the guards arrive. Then as I'm encased in my straight-jacket I use the breathing techniques my psychiatrist taught me. All good really, just a shame it's a daily occurrence!

Have you tried eating cake? I am all for alternative remedies and I find cake works wonders.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by kiera

Have you tried eating cake? I am all for alternative remedies and I find cake works wonders.

Sadly I'm not allowed cake, to many E numbers. E numbers fuel my hyperactivity and I become anxious and aggressive. Luckily there are no sharp objects here, in the institution. I'm allow a small pack of M and M's on Sunday's if I'm good.