Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Do people actually watch award shows?

last reply
11 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Damn, Entertainment Weekly is all ga ga about the Golden globes right now. Why? A whole bunch of celebrities accept awards while others just say 'Son of a bitch.' under their breath? Does anyone actually watch award shows, or somehow take pleasure in watching them? I've never watched the GGs, and just seen the emmys and oscars a handful of times, but they've all been so long and dreary. What are some other thoughts on the subjects from other Lushies?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like to watch the red carpet and I always like to catch the Grammys. Other than that I just look at who won.
Lurker
0 likes
I am not a fan of artists patting themselves on the back....the only award show, I am interested in, but still don't watch, is the People's Choice Awards, where the fans get to decide. Entertainment, is supposed to be just that, entertaining to the fans.
The Linebacker
0 likes
The entertainment industry gives themselves so many awards that one has to be really bad not to get one.
0 likes
I've kind of been ignoring them for the past couple decades. They aren't always the best measure of quality, often they are more about who the industry feels like patting on the back (e.g. the aging actor who wins for some recent so-so film even though they appeared in, but didn't win for, a string of classics years before). And, frankly, they aren't usually that interesting anymore. I might tune in a music awards show if there are interesting performances but even those usually hit Youtube fairly soon after now so even that's not much of a reason.
Lurker
0 likes
If you talking about entertainment the format is self serving and way too opinion based whether politics or demeaning opposing views.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
They already receive compensation beyond their contribution. We do not have to watch them give each other kudos for a performance, regardless of quality. I think these type shows and awards are a self-serving waste of time.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i like watching the stars. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by sprite
i like watching the stars. smile

I like the gorgeous women in the plunging titty dresses.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Buz

I like the gorgeous women in the plunging titty dresses.

that too.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
i like seeing what the women wear. if the person who wins is funny, then i like hearing them speak.
Lurker
0 likes
I'd rather wait for the news they give me any of the highlights. It's too damn boring for me.