New Year's Resolutions - What's Yours?

last reply
45 replies
3.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
Considering 92% of New Year's Resolutions fail, I don't think I'll bother. The odds are already against me!

But if I did have one (ok, two), it would be to meditate and exercise more.

What is / are yours, if you are going to participate?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
To obtain one of the first places to a national exam & to be a better person. The first one is a bit hard, but, I know that if I don't set it as high as it can be, I won't be able to fulfill it.
"You can't stop perfection" - Meng Hao (character, main character)
Lurker
0 likes
To be more focused... I've already given myself a sigh knowing that's not going to happen.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I don't really have any resolutions, just affirmations for myself and things I've already begun to do but would like to do more/better, and that's to have better boundaries and to stand firmly in them. These include the boundaries I set for myself and the ones I set for others.

I'd also like to do better at reflecting on the good things that have happened to me so that I can manifest even better things. While I'm on the subject, I'd like to be better at claiming and acknowledging the good things I want for myself without attaching it to some warped sense of "hoping for the best and expecting the worst" which can be overall attributed to a fear of failure. In reflecting on past successes, I succeeded because I wanted to and didn't leave room for doubt. I'd like to carry that more into all the things that I do, whether it be my career, my schooling, or my relationships/friendships.

Speaking of friendships/relationships, I want to do better at spending time with them. I also want to be. Enter at trusting what they say instead of searching for a hidden meaning or waiting for the other shoe to drop. I give love unconditionally, so I should also accept it instead of questioning, especially when it comes to my partner. That man loves the everliving fuck out of me simply because he can. I don't have to question it.

Also, I love my body. I'm in awe of the way it looks and the things that it can do. I'm also really beautiful and have a great smile. In 2017 and beyond, I won't venture into or dwell in any frame of mind that makes me feel otherwise, and I will do so without needing confirmation from others.

Finally, I need to cook more. Not just as a means to an end, but just for the enjoyment factor. I didn't do that nearly as much as I wanted to this year.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Focusing purely on the physical world here, I'm going to organize and purge my household. Too much stuff surrounds me right now. I need it gone and/or sorted. I've already started. Weee.

The Bee's Knees
0 likes
in no particular order:

1. adopt a more minimalist lifestyle. i have a tendency to hold onto 'stuff', not realizing that by letting go, i make room for more to enter my life.

2. be more present. being around my young nieces and nephew has really shown me how beautiful this is. no looking back with regret or ahead with anxiety.

3. realize that the world happens for me and not to me. i need to not only believe in miracles - but expect them to happen.

4. nourish my relationships. my parents, grandparents and aunts and uncles are getting older. this year has served as a reminder not to take their time here for granted.

5. love me some me. i'm pretty nifty lol?

?happy new year and good luck to you all!?

Say. Her. Name.

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
In 2017 I'm going to concentrate on improving my physical health after a couple of recent scares. I'm also going to try and be a bit more stress-free as life is too short to carry so much worry on your shoulders.

What would the Fonz do?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Have lotsa sex with British girls.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Mine are tough this year
Not to slide naked into a cactus
Not to run for President
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
To take a break away from social media indefinitely.
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
I don't make new years resolutions, I stick to new years intentions.

Some intentions:
Focus on writing again.
Visit somewhere new.
Meditate more.
Do something that scares me.
Sinner so Sweet
0 likes
Clossst thing to a resolution I made was to not start the year hungover on the couch .... but foiled those plans! HNY all.
My latest offering: Intoxicated ~ An Erotic Poem.
Nerdzilla
0 likes
Quote by Saga
I don't make new years resolutions, I stick to new years intentions.

Some intentions:
Focus on writing again.
Visit somewhere new.
Meditate more.
Do something that scares me.

Oh. I have to list mine. Be healthy. Be a good person. Finally finish editing and publish at least one of my novels that's been colllecting dust inside my laptop. More, but I'm sticking with that right now. smile
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
My own commitment isn't quite a resolution as much as it is a wish: I wish to remain with my gorgeous girlfriend through all of 2017.

We'll be celebrating two years together in February 2017; my previous relationships never lasted more than around 2 years and a half (for different reasons). In other words, if I make it to the end of 2017 with my current girlfriend it will be my longest relationship ever. Things are going exceptionally well with her and I have no reason to think that we won't make it to 2018, but the circumstances will still hold a very particular connotation for me: my personal situation is more solid than ever before and hopefully I've finally found the perfect girl for me. And who knows, maybe in a few years I'll finally realize that my cum can serve a greater purpose than my own amusement and we'll have a few beautiful babies together. She's quite a few years younger than I am however, so we still have plenty of time to think about that sort of commitment.

Aside from that, I'm pretty darn happy with my current situation. I've been ruthlessly kicking myself in the ass for the past 10 years, I can finally breathe a little and profit from my relentless efforts. If anything, I've been spasmodically working on a bunch of tangled poems for nearly 3 years now (ever since I joined Lush actually); hopefully I'll finally make my poetic folder a bit less chaotic and release a complete collection of poems in 2017.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
To read more & stay the same sarcastic bitch I've always been.
0 likes
actually try making money from writing.
Site administrator
0 likes
Eat more steak and drink more beer. Cut down on the running, visits to the gym, swimming and road cycling.
Lurker
0 likes
Broken already.
Lurker
0 likes
I just want to find a lovely girl and finally have sex and make love
Lurker
0 likes
Weight Watchers here I come ?
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia
To improve my off-hand (meaning, I naturally shoot left, so learning to shoot right better) shooting skills. That's it. I'm long since past making resolutions that I know I won't/can't keep, so keeping it simple this year.

Good idea!. I always shoot with my right hand... I must use the left more.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I want to be a yoga and pranayama savvy this year. Also want to help youngsters fare better in exam.
Lurker
0 likes
To be a lot calmer but at the same time full of emotions. Like, when a friend needs to vent out, I'd join him/her in cussing to respond but I'd have to remain calm when someone yells and cusses at me like it's music to my ears. Don't know how the fuck am I gonna do that but I'll make sure to achieve that. Or I'd just be like a robot with a remote control. "It's sad time. Switch. Your. Emotion. Now. Beeeeep." *rolls my eyes*

Oh. And I need to stop rolling my eyes