Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

1001 reasons why Canada is the coolest country in the world.

last reply
190 replies
7.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
feel free to join in.

1. Justin Trudeau.

2. Canada consumes the most doughnuts and has the most doughnut shops per capita of any country in the world.

3. Canada is the first country to build a UFO landing pad in St. Paul, Alberta.

4. Basketball was invented by Canadian James Naismith in 1891.

5. Dancing Doll.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by sprite
feel free to join in.

1. Justin Trudeau

2. Canada consumes the most doughnuts and has the most doughnut shops per capita of any country in the world.

3. Canada is the first country to build a UFO landing pad in St. Paul, Alberta.

4. Basketball was invented by Canadian James Naismith in 1891.

5. Dancing Doll is Canadian.

Only 996 more reasons to go.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by noll

Only 996 more reasons to go.

would have been 995 if you'd have bothered to post something meaningful.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Troublemaker
0 likes
6. Canada's national animal symbol is the beaver
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
7. LYFBUZ

8. Canada's paper money has tactile markings to assist the visually impaired in identifying denominations.

9. Canada produces 77% of the world's maple syrup.

10. Canada is the garter snake capitol of the world. North of Winnipeg at the Narcisse Snake Dens 10s of 1000s of red-sided garter snakes slither from their dens from mid April to early May

Troublemaker
0 likes
11. Sprite lives next door!
0 likes
12. Canada's the most educated country in the world. Over half of Canadians have college degrees.

13. 30% of Canada is forest.

14. Contemporary ice hockey originated there.

15. Celine Dion (I mean it!)
0 likes
16. We write great songs: Leonard Cohen, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Gordon Lightfoot and on it goes down to Sarah McLachlan and now Alessia Cara and others of her generation.

17. Linda Evangelista (dear God, she's the same age as me). If you don't know who that is, Google it.

18. Pierre Elliott Trudeau (10x the PM of that smartarsed whippersnapper he sired)
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

18. Pierre Elliott Trudeau (10x the PM of that smartarsed whippersnapper he sired)

not nearly as hot, tho.

0 likes
Quote by sprite

not nearly as hot, tho.

Try saying that to a woman from my generation or earlier. Trudeaumania happened for a reason.

19. Poutine. Quebec's contribution to fast food and clogged arteries.
The Linebacker
0 likes
20. Canada’s name comes from a misunderstanding between Jacques Cartier and some Iroquois youth who were pointing out a village (for which they used the word “Kanata”). They were actually trying to identify the small area which is present day Quebec City, but Cartier used the similar-sounding word “Canada” to refer to the whole area. Oops!

21. Proof that Canadians are never in a hurry. Canada officially got its own national flag on February 15, 1965 — almost 100 years after it became a country (in 1867).

22. Of the 5 Normandy beaches attacked by the Allies on D-Day, June 6, 1944, one was taken by the Canadians (Juno beach). (2 by the USA and 2 by the UK.)

23. The border between Canada and the United States is officially known as the International Boundary. At 5,525 miles, including 1,538 miles between Canada and Alaska, it is the world's longest border between two nations. And it is militarily undefended. (And the rumor is that Dancing_Doll stood naked with one foot in Canada and one foot in the United States. I for one, easily believe that.)

Eh.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Buz
20. Canada’s name comes from a misunderstanding between Jacques Cartier and some Iroquois youth who were pointing out a village (for which they used the word “Kanata”). They were actually trying to identify the small area which is present day Quebec City, but Cartier used the similar-sounding word “Canada” to refer to the whole area. Oops!

21. Proof that Canadians are never in a hurry. Canada officially got its own national flag on February 15, 1965 — almost 100 years after it became a country (in 1867).

22. Of the 5 Normandy beaches attacked by the Allies on D-Day, June 6, 1944, one was taken by the Canadians (Juno beach). (2 by the USA and 2 by the UK.)

23. The border between Canada and the United States is officially known as the International Boundary. At 5,525 miles, including 1,538 miles between Canada and Alaska, it is the world's longest border between two nations. And it is militarily undefended. (And the rumor is that Dancing_Doll stood naked with one foot in Canada and one foot in the United States. I for one, easily believe that.)

Eh.

i'm being ocd today, Buz. smile

0 likes
Quote by sprite
would have been 995 if you'd have bothered to post something meaningful.

Does "closest thing to Scandinavia on the American continent" count?

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by noll

Does "closest to Scandinavia on the American continent" count?

*face palm* why do you hate me?

0 likes
Quote by sprite
*face palm* why do you hate me?

You want the first 1001 reasons?

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by noll

You want the first 1001 reasons?

sure, but only if you start your own thread. smile

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
24. An entire Ocean separates it from Scandinavia.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Burquette

15. Celine Dion (I mean it!)

*blank stare* i said coolest.

0 likes
Quote by sprite
sure, but only if you start your own thread. smile

I'm afraid Dani will lock it.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by noll

I'm afraid Dani will lock it.

i have the power to veto her lock. feel free. i might even get a kick out of it. smile

25. Canada is the World's Most Educated Country: over half its residents have college degrees.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
26. Canada consumes more macaroni and cheese than any other nation in the world. I'd fit right in!

27. Residents of Churchill, Canada, leave their cars unlocked to offer an escape for pedestrians who might encounter Polar Bears

Troublemaker
0 likes
28. Canada was one of the first countries to legalize same-sex marriages in 2005 (Denmark 2012, Finland 2015, Norway 2009, Sweden 2009)

Same-sex couples could legally enter into a common-law relationship as early as 1999.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ
27. Canada was one of the first countries to legalize same-sex marriages in 2005 (Denmark 2012, Finland 2015, Norway 2009, Sweden 2009)

Same-sex couples could legally enter into a common-law relationship as early as 1999.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
29. Large parts of Canada have less gravity than the rest of Earth. The phenomenon was discovered in the 1960s.

The Linebacker
0 likes
The vast majority of them live in a very close proximity to the US border because they ALL plan to invade. They've been scheming for years. They're trying to lull us into complacency with all this very friendly stuff they do. Always acting nice, having legal prostitution, running around Florida with frighteningly pale skin. Yep, they're a sneaky bunch. Before ya know it, we're all gonna be required to salute Canadian Mounties and say 'Eh.' They make us think they are Dudley Dooright when they are really Snidely Whiplash.

I recommend you all watch the movie, 'Canadian Bacon.' Isn't that a Michael Moore documentary?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
30. I went next door the other day and registered for medical marijuana for my severe carpal tunnel. Felt like I had fallen down a rabbit hole as i haven't smoked or touched drugs for 30 odd years. It was simple. It was an apothecary. Cases with glass jars of different pot. Tinctures, salves, cookies, gummy bears... I now can go in and buy my CBD or more if I choose. I was elated that we have that choice here. ( i know some states do but it still feels so progressive)

31. Living so close to the US border but not having to fight for basic human rights like Planned Parenthood, gay marriage, toilet use by gender. I have recently bought a book called " A Little History of the United States" by James West Davidson to try to understand the country better. It is a light overview but I have realised this year with so much attention focused on the US that i know diddleesquat about US history. I am hoping it clears so things up, like why everyone seems so divided on so many issues. Is there no common ground?

32. Living on the Wet Coast...i live in Victoria right now but spent the last 28 years on one of the Southern Gulf Islands with Vancouver Island at my beck and call. Skiing one day and surfing the next at Tofino. Amazing

That's all for now
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ
28. Canada was one of the first countries to legalize same-sex marriages in 2005 (Denmark 2012, Finland 2015, Norway 2009, Sweden 2009)

Netherlands: 2001 (my brother celebrated his 15 year marriage to his husband this year).

And we've had tactile markings on our paper money for ages too. And we don't need to keep our cars unlocked as we don't even have polar bears. And one could buy pot here for decades without fear of legal punishment. So where's our thread?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
33. They have a coin called a Loonie

34. They have a coin called a Toonie
Troublemaker
0 likes
33. Canadians invented the Wonderbra

And a shout out to Noll for the warmth and gratitude demonstrated by the Dutch to Canadian soldiers and the Dutch gift of tulips to Canada. (Google Tulip Festival - Ottawa)
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by noll

Netherlands: 2001 (my brother celebrated his 15 year marriage to his husband this year).

And we've had tactile markings on our paper money for ages too. And we don't need to keep our cars unlocked as we don't even have polar bears. And one could buy pot here for decades without fear of legal punishment. So where's our thread?

Warning! You're not supposed to mention countries that don't have polar bears and/or a Stanley Cup in this thread. Doing so could result in Sprite administering a spanking.