Rest in Peace: George Michael

last reply
17 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes

Singer George Michael has died at the age of 53, his publicist has said.

The star, who launched his career with Wham! in the 1980s and continued his success as a solo performer, is said to have "passed away peacefully at home" in Goring, Oxfordshire.

Thames Valley Police say they are treating the death as unexplained but there were no suspicious circumstances.

His former Wham! bandmate Andrew Ridgeley said he was "heartbroken at the loss of my beloved friend".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38432862
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Nooooooo.

Heartbreaking. There will never be another voice like his. Such a great artist and such a kind soul.

Gone decades too soon. I still can't believe it.

This is one of my favourite performances.

Chat Moderator
0 likes
Terrible...I'm saddened to hear this sad
The Bee's Knees
0 likes

i am absolutely in shock. just heard the news a few minutes ago. george michael's music has been a part of my life ever since i can remember. this album will always have a place in my heart. r.i.p. mr. micheal❤ 2016: the year the music died.

Say. Her. Name.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Never gonna dance again... so sad. He was still so young. Too many beautiful people have passed this year.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

The Linebacker
0 likes
Only 53. That is much too young. Vey sad news.
Punkarama
0 likes
This news shocked me, just like it did when I heard about David Bowie. 2016 the year we lost some of the best musicians.
0 likes
Part of my youth has died with him

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My strongest memory of George was in the Live Aid All Star concert when he and Elton John did a marvelous duet of Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me. What a great voice.

Lurker
0 likes
Oh My, this is so sad, love his music...So young...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
He will be greatly missed ... R.I.P. George
Lurker
0 likes
Utterly adored him. Truly devastated. RIP legend
Site administrator
0 likes
I wondered why the radio station I listened to this morning was playing so much George Michael. Very sad. The musical talent lost in 2016. My favourite album, which I play regularly, has to be Ladies & Gentlemen.

RIP.
Lurker
0 likes
That's sad as hell. If your cable provider has MTV Classics, they're playing his videos on it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
R.I.P. I was not really a fan, but it's always sad to see someone pass so young.
Matriarch
0 likes
This has been a terrible year, for some musical greats to depart this world.

David Bowie, Prince and George Michael. 3 artists who gave their all for their craft.

R.I.P. George Michael.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

may your beautiful soul rest in peace