11 views at not published story?

last reply
12 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
hi there i have a question again. i have submit my story and it is shown as not verified since 5 days. i guess it takes so long because of christmas and everyone is busy. but it has 11 views. what views are these? it is not published and if it are 11 mods than im really wondering why it is not verified. silly
http: //i.imgur.com/6zHPRAZ.png i dont know how else to make the picture work. this [img doesnt seem to work :/

[img][/img]
Lurker
0 likes
I assume every time you check it's a view as well...
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
I think the system logs unique IP views. So, if you tried to up your story views by visiting a story 10 times in one session, it wouldn't work. If your ISP assigns a random IP address every time you go online, then chances are you'd up your story view by a few due to rolling IPs.

To the OP, your story is around 16 from the top. We've been dealing with some editing issues, explained in the Site Announcement forum. We appreciate your patience while we work through a very backed up story queue. Thank you.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This isp explains why it didnt changed when i tested it few times when i was logged in. Also its good to know what the reason is for the verifying taking some time. And 16 from top means its getting somewhere and will be looked at. smile
0 likes
Quote by RavenStar
I think the system logs unique IP views. So, if you tried to up your story views by visiting a story 10 times in one session, it wouldn't work. If your ISP assigns a random IP address every time you go online, then chances are you'd up your story view by a few due to rolling IPs.

Or if you're on mobile and moving between a cell connection and various wi-fi connections (e.g. you access it from work, then from home, then from a cafe, then from your car, each would be a separate address and therefore a separate view).
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Yeah, like Evie said, there have been editing issues, so we'll often pop into various stories to check what they look like without actually verifying them.

It's like edging. We're just teasing you, lol. You'll get your release soon...
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

Or if you're on mobile and moving between a cell connection and various wi-fi connections (e.g. you access it from work, then from home, then from a cafe, then from your car, each would be a separate address and therefore a separate view).

The Linebacker
0 likes
I like to check out the stories that need verifying and if they look difficult, I leave them for Evie or Sprite.

Seriously, I might check in and have no more than 5 or 10 minutes available but would like to verify one of two stories. So in that case, I'll take a quick look at the stories at the top and see which ones I can knock out in that time. Mostly having to do with story length. When I log in and have plenty of time, I'll usually tackle the first long story I see.

We try our best to get your stories to the front page as soon as possible. You all can help by doing a good job of proofing. That means more than spell checking. Make sure your punctuation and grammar is good. And very important, do read the rules and familiarize yourselves with what is acceptable content.

The verification queue moves much faster when stories don't need editing and follow the rules. It usually takes longer to reject a story than to approve it. Plus it's more fun to approve them.
Troublemaker
0 likes
Quote by Jen
Yeah, like Evie said, there have been editing issues, so we'll often pop into various stories to check what they look like without actually verifying them.

It's like edging. We're just teasing you, lol. You'll get your release soon...

The Mods are now providing teasing as part of their generous service? Damn!!! The mods are amazing! Outstanding site improvement!
0 likes
Quote by RavenStar

It's the world I live in. I am on an average of 3-4 IP addresses a day nowadays.
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

It's the world I live in. I am on an average of 3-4 IP addresses a day nowadays.

Yes, I hadn't even considered phone IP jumping, even though I do nearly all of my Lushing on my phone. ;)
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ

The Mods are now providing teasing as part of their generous service? Damn!!! The mods are amazing! Outstanding site improvement!

You're going the right way for a smacked bottom...