Why You May Want to Rethink Grooming Your Pubic Hair

last reply
12 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A scientific study shows, that people who groom their pubic hairs have a higher risk of getting an STD. Though further study is needed to determine how the higher risk is related to grooming, it might be something to consider, before removing your bush.

http://time.com/4590329/grooming-pubic-hair-sex-sti/
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
0 likes
oh, gross. almost as gross as having pubic hair. i don't believe and it and it definitely won't stop me doing what i do.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee
oh, gross. almost as gross as having pubic hair. i don't believe and it and it definitely won't stop me doing what i do.
You're free to choose your life style of course. It isn't the first study that found a correlation between grooming pubes and the risk of contracting an STD. This site offers some explanation and a bit of sound advice.

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Constant Gardener
0 likes
News flash: confident, well-groomed, socializing people tend to have sex more often with multiple partners than do unwashed, anti-social misanthropes who reside under a bridge.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
English Gentleman
0 likes
is this gender specific? i have been shaving my cock and balls since i was a teen. i dont like all the hair and it gets me all sweaty.
The Linebacker
0 likes
This is terrifying news! So, you mean that my blue dyed, spiked pubic Mohawk will give me an STD? I wonder which one?

What about folks who've been growing real long Duck Dynasty balls beards? Heard some of them use cream rinse and brush 'em til they're real soft. Will that cause an STD?

And gee, all I thought that happened when women had a little landing strip is that tiny airplanes would land in their panties. Those little propellers could be dangerous. Probably little twin engine planes and that keeps those trim little strips well groomed.
Mana wahine
0 likes
Quote by Buz
This is terrifying news! So, you mean that my blue dyed, spiked pubic Mohawk will give me an STD? I wonder which one?

What about folks who've been growing real long Duck Dynasty balls beards? Heard some of them use cream rinse and brush 'em til they're real soft. Will that cause an STD?

And gee, all I thought that happened when women had a little landing strip is that tiny airplanes would land in their panties. Those little propellers could be dangerous. Probably little twin engine planes and that keeps those trim little strips well groomed.

If anything, I think the blue dyed spiked Mohawk may stop you from having sex and keep you STD safe. Tee hee
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
News flash: confident, well-groomed, socializing people tend to have sex more often with multiple partners than do unwashed, anti-social misanthropes who reside under a bridge.

This is pretty much my perspective too. By the same token you might as well declare that people who listen to dubstep are more likely to develop an STI than people who listen to religious choirs. Young, sexually active, relatively promiscuous people are by far the group that's most at risk of contracting an STI, and those very same people also are the most likely to groom their genitals.

So yeah, researchers found a correlation... what an unexpected surprise.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am safe, I never groom or shave, it 's all natural. I like it, my wife does as well and that is all that matters.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
That sounds as if you're implying, that not grooming means you're unwashed, and not socialized and confident, which is of course complete nonsense. Grooming is often disguised as a hygiene measure, but it is in fact just fashion. Hygiene does not depend on razors or wax, but on water and soap. And the fact that people who groom tend to have more sex was taken into consideration in the research mentioned in the article I linked to. It did not fully account for the correlation.

The fact that most grooming methods damage the skin, even if that's not visible, could be part of the cause. A bunch of follicles that were damaged by waxing or tiny abrasions from a razor provide easier access for bacteria and viruses, than an undamaged skin. And no condom protects you from that.

Lurker
0 likes
I like to be shaved.

Meaning that I want someone else to do it