What is the best line/phrase/image you've written

last reply
32 replies
4.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
We talk a lot about our favorite stories: the pieces we are most proud of. But our favorite complete work doesn't always include our favorite line or turn of phrase. For me, writing is a constant battle to find that one phrase or line that people just don't forget. It sticks with you. Either because it rouses an emotion or thought inside you. Makes you smile or laugh no matter how many times you read it. Or just turns you on.

So I ask. What is your favorite line you've written in any of your stories. I'll even open this up for a particular stanza in a poem if poetry is more your thing.

While I'm here, why not give your favorite scene you've written as well.

Either one can be sex related or not sex related.

Just curious on a.. Microscopic level, how much you all enjoy a good bit of word play with your writing.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Who, me? Post something of my own? Well, since you insist. ;)

This is from, 'A Special Photo,' one of the first stories I submitted to LUSH way back in '09.

https://wwwlushstories.com/stories/love-

Sensual and seductive, she lay amid the rumpled sheets of the bed where we'd just made love, relaxed and at ease within the golden skin of her petite, perfect body. Not posing, not looking at the camera so much as through it, into the photographer, into me. Waiting with an expression of amused tolerance for me to finish and rejoin her.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Normal Adjacent
0 likes
I'd have to read back over some of my stories, but I have one poem and a few stanzas of it that are some of the favorite things I have ever written

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/paint-her-lips.aspx

Wet, tongue swept
Or sweetest oil from within
Trace of finger there
Lap a tongue into folds

Secrets contained, search
Find her in each pair
Magic shapes, texture rich
Make a choice or two

Linger slowly on each
Learn the curves, listen
An art, she'll give a clue
Then switch, lips tell truth
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"Four score and twenty years ago..."
Lurker
0 likes
From Last Tango with Malena. Two characters have been in love for years, but circumstances have kept them apart and will continue to keep them apart.

When Malena doesn't show up at the male lead's farewell party, he finds her afterwards:

--
"You weren't there," I said, trying to keep the hurt out of my voice.

"I couldn't. I would have cried, and everyone would have known."

---

Doesn't seem like much, I guess. Maybe I think it's better than it is, because of how I picture the rest of the scene. But I think it's simple and good.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
probably a line from an unpublished poem, Fuck Part 4.

I want to feel the earth shake while you're putting it into my shake and bake

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by sprite
probably a line from an unpublished poem, Fuck Part 4.

I want to feel the earth shake while you're putting it into my shake and bake

Sounds familiar. Probably cuz it's part of that dream of yours involving yours truly. And yes. It baked.
0 likes
'Her sweet lips were like sugar dissolving on my tongue'

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

The Linebacker
0 likes
That's hard to say but I'm crazy insane, so I kind of like this excerpt from my story "Bluelight Special" in the Humor section...

Sarge finally freed the snap on his buckle. His pants dropped to the ground and as he attempted to step out of them, he tripped. Suddenly sprawled out on the floor, the sergeant sat up. “Shit!”

“Are you okay, Sarge?” Despite being handcuffed, Doreen pulled herself up into a sitting position to check on the sergeant.

“Uh, why, yeah,” Sarge moaned, “I’m fine.”

He strained, stretched, groaned and barely reached his shoes to untie them. In his effort to get off the floor, the sergeant rolled over, his large boxer covered butt, poked upward. The material pulled so tight, forming a wide backside camel toe, that both Doreen and Bugs thought it might tear and snap. But Sarge somehow managed to get to his feet with his underwear all in one piece.

The sergeant stood there triumphantly in his boxers, tank style white undershirt, and black socks. His look of victory quickly turned to disbelief. Raising an eyebrow in astonishment, he stared at Bugs standing next to him, wearing only a leopard print Speedo bikini.

“Oh my god!” exclaimed Sarge.

“A banana hammock,” giggled Doreen.

Bugs rolled his eyes, gesturing with the open palms of his hands. “Women like these.”

Sarge with a silly grin cornered his eyes away and whispered under his breath, “Yeah, right.”

“Uh!” grunted Bugs.

“Okay,” said the sergeant, “you never mention me falling down and I won’t ever mention those, whatever those panties are you got on.”

“They ain’t panties, Sarge,” Bugs desperately explained. “These are a men’s underwear.”

“Yeah, whatever.”

“Would you two quit arguing about that damned banana hammock. I wanna get some action!”

“Oh, yeah, sure,” said Sarge.

Simultaneously, Sarge and Bugs moved towards Doreen as she dropped back, spread eagle onto the bed. Colliding just in front of her spread legs, they both backed away and gave each other an annoyed look.

“Guys?” Doreen seemed a little perturbed.

“I’m going down on her first,” demanded Sarge.

Bugs shrugged in protest.

“I outrank you,” added the sergeant.

Bugs backed off enough for the sergeant to crawl on the bed between Doreen’s knees. Grabbing her by the thighs he winked at Doreen and grinned. “Besides, I got more experience at this.”

Doreen rolled her eyes.
0 likes
Quote by 69Kisses96
"Four score and twenty years ago..."

Are you sure you wrote that? It sounds sorta familiar....

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Damn, that's a tough one. It would have to be one of my poetry stanzas I think.

We linger awhile upon the grass
Where chequered shadows of clouds doth pass,
Shrouding the sun and its warming rays reach
Before passing on to let the summer heat preach.

or

Two become one as each become whole.
An irresistible, desperate, aching urge
To consume a beauty of angel, stole
In the frenzied swell of tempest surge.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by Liz
Damn, that's a tough one. It would have to be one of my poetry stanzas I think.

We linger awhile upon the grass
Where chequered shadows of clouds doth pass,
Shrouding the sun and its warming rays reach
Before passing on to let the summer heat preach.

or

Two become one as each become whole.
An irresistible, desperate, aching urge
To consume a beauty of angel, stole
In the frenzied swell of tempest surge.

And here I was gonna put money on you choosing a line from your Cadbury Cream Egg poem.

That has my favorite lines. ;)
Lurker
0 likes
He slammed into her hard and fast, the slapping sound resonating around the room like applause.
0 likes
I often write a line and think 'wow, where did that come from?' but my latest favourite was inspired by something I saw on TV about being buried in an avalanche. The narrator said that it could make you lose all idea of which way is up and down etc. So I translated that into:

'I was so far out of my depth that I didn't even know which direction to swim.'

Idk. I liked it better before. Now I'm embarrassed.
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee

'I was so far out of my depth that I didn't even know which direction to swim.'

Idk. I liked it better before. Now I'm embarrassed.

For what it's worth, I like it.

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

0 likes
Quote by Just_A_Guy_You_Know

For what it's worth, I like it.

Honestly, that's all I needed to hear!
Troublemaker
0 likes
From my Lesbian story Katy and the Canadian: "My thoughts were like quicksilver, tiny jewels that shattered into fleeting remnants and I realized…I desperately wanted her to touch me."

Not the greatest line of all time but I liked how it conveyed the emotion & direction of the story.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Simmerdownchick

Are you sure you wrote that? It sounds sorta familiar....

He meant to type, 'Scored 4, 20 years ago'
living dead girl
0 likes
Choosing only one is quite hard....but maybe this from Subterfuge

"There was something Strangely erotic about her when she was angry, Maybe it was
the passion and the fire that she so rarely showed that I could only see when she was worked
up like this, Maybe it's because it was in the moments like this that i knew she truly loved me
and I knew deep down that this was just us and we made no sense at all"

and a runner up
From part 2 of Tasting the fruit

"This was better than I could have ever imagined. Better than getting it off to Julia Ann every
night, better than thumbing through my dad's old Hustler magazines, better than any of my
fantasies.This was perfect I thought as my eyes started to close and her fingers started to
drill in and out of even harder and faster."
Lurker
0 likes
The best lines are the ones that do the simplest job – make it impossible for the reader to stop reading at that point. A cliffhanger line.

The best example I can think of was in The Hound of the Baskervilles. Holmes and Watson are looking for a rumoured beast on the moors of Devonshire which is killing people. I was reading it thinking it must all be a hoax or a legend at best. But then the last line of chapter two has Mortimer telling Sherlock Holmes about the footprints he'd seen in Grimpen Mire.

"These are the footsteps of a gigantic hound!"

How could you possibly not sit up half the night finishing the book after a line like that?

I like little cliffhangers in stories I've read here. The most memorable was in a story I read by NaughtieAnnie:

"I picked idly at a flake of skin on my leg. Then I realised it wasn't skin at all, but dried semen."

You just have to read on to find out why.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by puddleduck

You've said too much.
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
I'm quite pleased with:

"Sitting in the coffee shop in the park last Sunday morning, nursing a well-deserved hangover, I picked idly at a flake of skin on my leg. Then I realised it wasn't skin at all, but dried semen."

It is the opening lines of this story:

https://%C3%A0-la-recherche-du-temps-perdu.aspx

[Sorry, that link doesn't work, probably because of the accented letter. That'll teach me to use a pretentious French title. You can find it in my stories instead. If you want to.]

https://www.lushstories.com/naughtyannie

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Autumn eased into October like a well-acquainted lover. (A throwaway line, yet unused.)
0 likes
Quote by Dilettante
Autumn eased into October like a well-acquainted lover. (A throwaway line, yet unused.)

Fuck, that's excellent!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I can't pick a favorite line, but by far one of my favorite scenes I've written appeared in Love is Stronger Than Pride, part 2. After sleeping together again, after what was just an one time hook up, the main characters can't deny their physical attraction.
Love is Stronger Than Pride, part 2

Pushing the sheets aside, Kent rose from the bed and headed to the bathroom. He was relieved to know that she did not lock the door, as he pushed it open and walked in. He saw her bra lying on the floor and her dark shapely silhouette behind the textured glass panel shower door. He strode forward, slid the door aside, and stepped into the generous shower. The water was steady and cool as it streamed down her body.

“What are you doing?” Tamara asked surprised by his appearance. She couldn’t help admiring his full frontal exposure. His chest broad and sparsely covered in dark hair as it tapered down to a tight and defined abdomen. Even flaccid, he was really quite impressive, hIs heavy cock hung sleepy against his thigh. It took all of her control to not reach out and touch his body.

“I don’t know what it is about you, but I can’t keep my hands off of you,” he said as he reached for her.

“Kent, we’ve been here and done this. I can’t do this again. We’ll just be repeating past mistakes,” Tamara warned taking a step back.

“You’re right, I don’t want to repeat what happened after the last time. I want to make better mistakes,” he said stepping forward, he pushed a strand of her wet wavy hair from her cheek. “Tamara, just say that you don’t want me again, and I promise I will leave you alone.”

Tamara sighed defeated, “You asked me that before and I lied to you. I don’t want to lie to you, again. Yes, Kent, I want you, but it’s just lust.”

“More like a craving,” Kent said, his eyes following a white sudsy bubble as it trickled down her slick, wet chocolate skin, down the inward slope of her meticulous groomed mound. He took another step toward her, her back against the back wall of the shower.

Tamara saw the intensity of his desire in his blue eyes and tried to steel herself from his imminent approach. “Kent, we can’t…,” she protested weakly holding out her hand to keep him at bay.

“Oh, I believe we already have and definitely will again and again and again,” he said, his cock now stood strong and alert as he went down on his knees before her.

Check out my newest story, Penalty of Love

Penalty of Love

Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
I didn't write it, but I just heard it on a record I was listening to.

"First house that I saw, I wrote 'house' up on the door, and told the people that lived there they had to get out because my reality is realer than yours."

I'm Writing a Novel - Father John Misty

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
I guess maybe this image, from "Monochrome", which is really nothing but a series of images and sensations. It was something different where I was seeking to place the reader in the scenes as I went along. I don't know if it worked or not, but it was fun to write. A tough question to answer, as I really don't remember a lot of what I've written!

Monochrome. You exist in shades of gray from silvery-white to black, the moon stealing the colors and replacing them with the purity of this image; one which, lacking the distractions of color and hue allows me to see you in all of your magnificent glory. Your flawless form, the graceful, sinuous lines of your body, the angle of your long legs, the exquisite plane of your cheek and the long, dark lashes lying upon it captivate me, and I drink you in. Wherever the moon plays your smooth skin is silver, black in the shadows and crevices, and your nipples, which I know to be an incredible rose color, are now charcoal gray on the silvered mounds of your perfect breasts.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/monochrome.aspx
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Mine would have to be an introduction to a story I started on another forum mainly because it caused the desired effect.So here goes with a few edits I wished I could have done to it...

Introduction: My memories are fading. The unfortunate side effect so many of us suffer when our time on this earth nears the inevitable end. I come here while the mind is still reasonably sharp (before the lights go out for good) to tell a story known only to a very few of us (four to be exact) that number now reduced to one as of three weeks ago, Monday.

The year was 1958. Television was the new frontier in entertainment. Many movie studios began the process of developing programming they anticipated would be needed sooner rather than later. Some studios turned to colleges and even ordinary citizens for ideas for new programming.

Tom, Gary, Dianne and I were friends and colleagues , working for one such studio.It was our job to weed through these ideas (there were many) before passing any along if we felt they were indeed good ones. The manner in which these ideas were submitted varied. Some were just written ideas. Others came in the form of a pilot film. One fella actually presented his idea as a puppet show which I thought was pretty good but unfortunately was rejected as was the case for most of the submissions.

To be brutally honest, most were rejected simply because they were bad ideas. There were others however that were rejected because of "concerns", meaning the content was considered unfit for broadcasting. Understand, we were living in a different time back then and the content I speak of wouldn't even raise an eyebrow in today's world. Using this as a measuring stick, it's easy to understand how none of us could have been prepared for the work of Zachary Merrick.

Mr. Merrick arrived one morning, making his presence felt immediately by demanding to see someone in charge, not aware of nor accepting of the policies in place. Words were exchanged before security forcefully removed Mr. Merrick from the premises. With the morning's excitement out of the way, we went about our normal workday which included meeting in the company parking lot after work.

As was customary, we started talking about the ideas we were presented with when Tom, the unofficial leader of our group, excused himself and walked across the street to an old rusted automobile where he started talking to a man sitting in the drivers' seat. It was Mr. Merrick and I remember wondering if he had been sitting there all day.

As we watched, we could see the conversation was getting quite animated.Just as quickly however, Mr. Merrick calmed down. Tom was always good at that. He had a way of talking to people that always seemed to bring out the best in them. And just at that moment, for the first time, I saw Mr. Merrick smile. He got out of his car, opened the trunk, and retrieved a box which he handed to Tom.

After a few more words, Tom returned to us and as he approached said, "I need to ask you guys for a big favor."

The favor was indeed a big one. Mr. Merrick wanted us to watch his film which as it turned out was a completed series, ten episodes, each about an hour long. You could call it a mini series before mini series ever existed. He insisted we watch it all the way through and that any discussions would only occur after we finished watching the last episode.

"What's it about?" Gary asked. Tom answered that Mr. Merrick wouldn't say. He didn't want us to know. We were to watch it with clean minds (Mr. Merrick's words). "What if it's really bad?" I asked.Tom answered that that was indeed a possibility and he would understand if any of us didn't want to participate. He then added that this would also be done on our own time so none of us would be getting paid.

In the end we agreed to do it. And so on the next Sunday we met at Tom's house in the basement. We all sat down and got comfortable as Tom set up the projector. Then he turned off the lights and started the film.

For the record, the production values were as good as some of the best films being made at the time, a real surprise, considering Mr. Merrick had the look of a man who had been living in his car. As we watched, we knew early on we were something that would never see the light of day on television. That was confirmed to me after viewing the last episode when we were finally allowed to discuss what we had just seen.

At first it was just silence until Dianne, the lone female of the group said "That was interesting.",not what I expected her to say but it did break the ice. We all agreed his film as it was would certainly be rejected, but we also agreed that the film was simply too good to dismiss based on subject matter alone. We came to the conclusion that with just a few changes, Mr. Merrick's work could not only be accepted, but likely thrive should it ever make it to broadcast.

Tom then arranged to meet with Mr. Merrick the following day to discuss our proposal.

And so the time came. Mr. Merrick was parked across the street as before when Tom approached while carrying the box. The two talked for a while and things seemed to be going well when Tom must have told him about the changes that would be necessary. The expression on Mr. Merrick's face changed and his voice elevated, seemingly with every word. Even Tom wasn't able to calm him down.

Mr. Merrick grabbed the box from Tom and threw it into the passenger compartment of his car before getting in and slamming the door shut. He then shouted a few more words before angrily driving off. Tom started returning to us while shrugging his shoulders. Before we could ask him what happened, we heard the crash.

We ran down the road and noticed the damaged guard rail and soon after, the first traces of smoke. As soon as we got to the edge, we knew there was no hope. Mr. Merrick and his work were no more, both engulfed in the flames.

Perhaps because he had helped Mr. Merrick,Tom took it particularly hard. For some time after, he was not his usual happy go lucky self. Time heels all wounds, and eventually, Tom was back to normal. Even so, it was a subject we all avoided, just a bad memory best kept in the back of our minds until one day, out of the blue and shortly before his sudden and unexpected passing, Tom quietly mentioned what a shame it was that no one would ever know of Mr. Merrick's work. We would of course, but after our passing, no one would. Mr. Merrick would just be another anonymous soul whose work demanded that he be more that that.

And so, it is in this spirit, as the lone survivor of the group, that I now share (as best I can remember) what the four of us saw that day. And I do so here, on this forum, perhaps the only place a story like this can be told.
Orgasm Aficionado
0 likes
"I knew a bi-sexual woman once. She told me it was better to give than to receive and after what she gave me, I was inclined to agree with her."

This is an unused line of dialogue which has been bouncing around my head for years. I remember chuckling to myself as I scribbled it down on a an old receipt, desperate to capture it before it was lost to the ether. Such a wonderful paradox. I just needed a character into whose mouth it would fit :-)