3.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Did Ping leave, does anybody know?
Mana wahine
0 likes
I noticed that Ping has also deleted his account on Stories Space. No idea why though. sad We miss you Ping.
Matriarch
0 likes
It might have had something to do with not being placed in the Top 10 of the latest competition. Or it might have nothing to do with that whatsoever!

It's unfortunate. But with over 300K members, people come and go all the time, for all sorts of reasons. On this occasion, I have no idea why he left. He was a good writer and will be missed.
Lurker
0 likes
He had a status post shortly after the results of the last comp to the effect of being disappointed about the comp, had hoped to go out on a high note, but it was time to go back to the real world and make some money.
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks, everyone. G, you'll be missed. I love you, sweet friend.
0 likes
Quote by oceanrunner
He had a status post shortly after the results of the last comp to the effect of being disappointed about the comp, had hoped to go out on a high note, but it was time to go back to the real world and make some money.

Errmm...he'll be missed, but "time to go back out to the real world and make some money"? Who makes money publishing stories here? Show of hands? Anyone? No?

He's brilliant and I hope that he comes back but really, we all have a non-Lush life that generally includes a career.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

Errmm...he'll be missed, but "time to go back out to the real world and make some money"? Who makes money publishing stories here? Show of hands? Anyone? No?

He's brilliant and I hope that he comes back but really, we all have a non-Lush life that generally includes a career.

I think he means Ping is going back to the real world to make money.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by MostPreciousLittle

I think he means Ping is going back to the real world to make money.

what's this 'real world' i keep hearing about??

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lady GlitterGiggles
0 likes
Quote by sprite

what's this 'real world' i keep hearing about??

Come here and let me show you Is this Lush Help Desk? Where am I?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i wish that, when people left, they'd leave their stories. i think it's a shame that he took them all with him.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Dreamer
0 likes
Quote by sprite
i wish that, when people left, they'd leave their stories. i think it's a shame that he took them all with him.

I agree. There were some great stories there. I for one will miss his humor and his friendship.

My bookshelf includes 133 stories and 82 collaborations;

One Editor's Pick, Three Series Awards, Fifty-one Recommended Reads, and Eight Famous Stories are included. Go to; https://www.lushstories.com/profiles/view/ChrisM/stories

Enjoy

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You mean Lush isn't real? *picking my jaw up off the floor* You are all a figment of my imagination?
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by sprite

I wonder if it would be an idea, to add a feature, so that when someone leaves, they have the option to leave their stories on the site if they wish, and just their profile gets deleted. Good idea?

Those stories would be paired to the email address of the person who submitted them, so should they ever want them removed, we'd have an easy way to verify the person.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by nicola

I wonder if it would be an idea, to add a feature, so that when someone leaves, they have the option to leave their stories on the site if they wish, and just their profile gets deleted. Good idea?

Those stories would be paired to the email address of the person who submitted them, so should they ever want them removed, we'd have an easy way to verify the person.

i like that idea. smile

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Nicola, I was once member of a now defunct site, where you could leave your stories anonymously, if you decided to delete your account.
I don't think you could recover them as yours if you returned though.

I would like to see still another situation, if I may be so forward as to suggest it. Suppose someone deleted their account for a good reason, like they were having problems with someone but wanted to totally rework their account and return as someone new. I do not just mean changing their name but as someone with a somewhat different profile (that was also truthful). Then one could either keep their stories and forum posts under the new name and profile or ask to leave them anonymous.
I am not suggesting that one be able to deceive everyone with bad intentions on "our" part, but to put a stalker off our trail, for example.
Real stalkers can not be easily put off one's trail.
The way it is now, if I deleted my account, the site would no longer just
lose what I have written but I would lose all my forum posts, my points, badges, and all the special messages that I have received from my most cherished friends.
So, in short, could we re-assume a previously deleted account?
I pray that you see the point I am trying to make.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Nicola, I think that is a wonderful idea.

I know that someone just recently tried to plagiarize one of my first erotic stories ever posted on line. Didn't even bother to correct all my errors or get rid of that terrible storyline flaw. Because I could just send a link of where to find it, with my name and the earliest publishing date, the issue was quickly resolved.

Ping is a great writer. Life is life though and it can demand all of your attention--unless you are the amazing and delectable Sprite with her collection of sexy super powers?. Hum...where was I...regardless of why ping had to leave us, we certainly miss him. I hope he misses us just a little bit and comes back.

If you truly appreciate what you read here, don't wait until the writer fades. Tell them, vote, comment (really comment), follow them, favorite what really appeals to you and send them a PM every once in a while. Writers are sensitive people and everyone needs encouragement. It can make a world of difference to a person. Don't let the good ones slip through the cracks. This isn't a commentary on this situation, but just a general thought of mine. It's something I'm putting into practice.
? A True Story ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I too think it would be a great idea.
“It's nice sometimes to open up the heart a little and let some hurt come in. It proves you're still alive.”
Primus Omnium
0 likes
I think it is spot on. To give us the choice to take them all away, or leave all (or some?) of our offerings for Lush readers to still enjoy. In the event we must leave, for whatever reason, of course.
Convict
0 likes
Love the idea.

Quote by Dancewithme

Nicola, I was once member of a now defunct site, where you could leave your stories anonymously, if you decided to delete your account.
I don't think you could recover them as yours if you returned though.

I would like to see still another situation, if I may be so forward as to suggest it. Suppose someone deleted their account for a good reason, like they were having problems with someone but wanted to totally rework their account and return as someone new. I do not just mean changing their name but as someone with a somewhat different profile (that was also truthful). Then one could either keep their stories and forum posts under the new name and profile or ask to leave them anonymous.
I am not suggesting that one be able to deceive everyone with bad intentions on "our" part, but to put a stalker off our trail, for example.
Real stalkers can not be easily put off one's trail.
The way it is now, if I deleted my account, the site would no longer just
lose what I have written but I would lose all my forum posts, my points, badges, and all the special messages that I have received from my most cherished friends.
So, in short, could we re-assume a previously deleted account?

You'd only have to search the story title to see the person was still here using a different name.
Snake Charmera
0 likes
Ping will be missed dearly he was an amazing friend and mentor. His banter in the forums was always very humorous, his stories great. It's ashame he had to leave us and I do hope someday he will be able to return. I for one would not have written my first story without him reaching out to me. I am sure whatever had to take him away was very important. I agree with wishing his stories could have been left and think it would be a great feature. I also agree with letting people know how much you appreciate their work. Comments are always great or even an email if you need to say more. Sending lots of warm wishes, hugs, and many blessings to Ping.

My Anti-Valentine Entry 💔

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-valentines-date-to-remember

My first EP and a top ten from the Pride Competition
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/-love-is-love-.aspx

Hanging in the background but around

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Dancewithme

I don't. Resurrecting deleted profiles sounds complicated and unnecessary. If you want to leave for an indefinite period of time but don't want to permanently delete everything including your stories, why can't you just deactivate your account?

https://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst23097_Account-Deactivations.aspx

Surely this option would also work for people who wish to abandon their current account altogether in favour of a new one, but also wish to preserve their literary efforts?
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Ping messaged me 8 days ago about a story idea he had, and asked for my input. The contest winners were announced a day after I last heard from him. If the results were what demoralized him, I can certainly relate, but it sounded like he was still putting stories together shortly before he left. I hope he comes back! GB was a big asset to Lush.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
Ping messaged me 8 days ago about a story idea he had, and asked for my input. The contest winners were announced a day after I last heard from him. If the results were what demoralized him, I can certainly relate, but it sounded like he was still putting stories together shortly before he left. I hope he comes back! GB was a big asset to Lush.

what has Great Britain ever done for Lush?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

what has Great Britain ever done for Lush?

You ask what Great Britain ever did for lush. One thing they did was to give us some very good authors. The other thing that Lush was given has been Kiera. If she wasn’t here, that would be one less person to pick on you from time to time, and I know you would miss that something awful.
If you're feeling bored during this Covid-19 epidemic I’d like to suggest
you take a peek at a story I collaborated with SueBrasil, a brilliant author.
It's about a mistake in judgment a lady makes concerning a friend, based
on the hurtful words of someone that only thinks of himself. Will that
conniving person succeed in ruining a beautiful friendship, or will she see
through his lies? It's gradually creeping up towards the 30,000 mark
and we’d love any votes or hearing whatever comments you may wish
to make. It is listed in my profile under ‘FAVOURITES’ as Apologize.

www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/apologize.aspx
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

That is too bad. I enjoyed a lot of his stories.

Also, even though his "I want a rubric" push after the second most recent contest was *really* badly timed, and essentially impossible to pull off without seeming bitter or jealous (unless he had won the contest or not entered), I think it did result in a lot of us gaining a better understanding in how the contests work, in ways that are not 100% clear on the contest information pages themselves.

Going to the bigger picture question, I think deactivate and delete are enough options for cutting lush out of one's life.

Is the "delete but leave stories intact" idea that those abandoned stories would revert to having "guest" as the author, the way that forum posts show "guest" when the poster has deleted his/her account?

(Man, that "guest" author could rack up a lot of badges with all those abandoned stories... Gav could create an "author 3000" badge just for that one "profile"...)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

I write history books that I make money on.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by LikeToWrite

You ask what Great Britain ever did for lush. One thing they did was to give us some very good authors. The other thing that Lush was given has been Kiera. If she wasn’t here, that would be one less person to pick on you from time to time, and I know you would miss that something awful.

Kiera's not from Great Britain, silly. she's from England.

Lady GlitterGiggles
0 likes
Quote by Liz

I don't. Resurrecting deleted profiles sounds complicated and unnecessary. If you want to leave for an indefinite period of time but don't want to permanently delete everything including your stories, why can't you just deactivate your account?

https://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst23097_Account-Deactivations.aspx

Surely this option would also work for people who wish to abandon their current account altogether in favour of a new one, but also wish to preserve their literary efforts?

This is really what people should do when they leave. Honestly, I don't understand deleting at all. Ping and I had a few poems that we wrote back and forth, now mine seem like I am arguing with myself. Lol. I guess that's nothing new though. So can we just move on FFS