Login

Editing a story after sending to be published

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hello (to anyone who might read this....)

So I recently wrote a story (sure to be picked up by Hollywood, I'm sure....) that I submitted to Lush for 'publication'.

I write it in word, which I assume is normal for most, and then copied and pasted it into the box on Lush that's there when submitting (I hope you're still with me....).

When I then read it again in that box, I saw a number of mistakes that I had missed previously (sometimes, just reading it on a different screen or font seems to make them more visible). I had also written about five pages in the wrong tense (because I'm an idiot).

Basically, there was quite a bit of editing. Then I submitted it for publication.

Last night, I reread it on my phone and, sure enough, I found a couple of mistakes. Nothing major at all, but just a couple of misspelled (or entirely unnecessary!) words. There was also one sentence that had a period finding it's way a few words from the actual end of the sentence. I read it and just got annoyed with myself for missing them the first (and second, third fourth etc) time round!

However....I now can't seem to edit it again. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to get in to the story and change those few mistakes? Or do I have to wait for a moderator to either (kindly) correct those mistakes for me, or (understandably) return the story to me?
Sinner so Sweet
0 likes
Hi Angry,

I have not done this, however, it has been mentioned to me by others that if you send a direct message to a member of the moderating team they will be able to pull it from the queue for you so you can edit and then resubmit. I believe this leaves your story at its previous place in the verification queue also.

Good luck.

ETA: FWIW, if you are a person that also likes to print in order to proofread a story, I once read that Serif fonts (such as Times New Roman) are best for reading printed works, but, when reading on-screen, Sans Serif (such as Arial) is better. I can't remember why, something about distinguishing the lettering. I do this for academic essays anyway and find it works well.
My latest offering: Intoxicated ~ An Erotic Poem.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by TheAngryishLover
However....I now can't seem to edit it again. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to get in to the story and change those few mistakes? Or do I have to wait for a moderator to either (kindly) correct those mistakes for me, or (understandably) return the story to me?

Once you submit a story to the verification queue you are no longer able to edit it. This is to ensure that the story or poem it is not constantly changing whilst a moderator is trying to read through it.

Once it is either rejected or approved, you can then go back in and make any amendments you would like.

I have returned to you the story you had in the verification queue. Please make whatever corrections you wish and resubmit it.

Hope all of that made sense. smile

Liz
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sweetsinner
Hi Angry,

I have not done this, however, it has been mentioned to me by others that if you send a direct message to a member of the moderating team they will be able to pull it from the queue for you so you can edit and then resubmit. I believe this leaves your story at its previous place in the verification queue also.

Good luck.

ETA: FWIW, if you are a person that also likes to print in order to proofread a story, I once read that Serif fonts (such as Times New Roman) are best for reading printed works, but, when reading on-screen, Sans Serif (such as Arial) is better. I can't remember why, something about distinguishing the lettering. I do this for academic essays anyway and find it works well.

Thank you for your response. Liz (as you can see below!) helped me
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Once you submit a story to the verification queue you are no longer able to edit it. This is to ensure that the story or poem it is not constantly changing whilst a moderator is trying to read through it.

Once it is either rejected or approved, you can then go back in and make any amendments you would like.

I have returned to you the story you had in the verification queue. Please make whatever corrections you wish and resubmit it.

Hope all of that made sense. smile

Liz

That actually makes perfect sense. I'll bear that in mind for future

Thanks for your help, Liz