FDA . . . safe and effective

last reply
1 reply
1.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ok so I am sure anyone living in the states heard the push last year about generic drugs and all the radio ads for "FDA safe and effective" "generic drugs Safe and effective because the FDA checks them".

That said if I were a cigarette executive I would be having a field day. Now that the FDA is going to monitor and approve cigarettes for sale I would place that on the pack bigger that the name of the cigarette. FDA approved. Safe and effective. Marlboro Red. I can see one of two outcomes, both bad IMHO. One cigarette smoking starts to rise in the population because now that the FDA monitors them they wouldn't let us do something that could kill us and they are going to have to approve cigarettes for sale.

Or two and the more likely. The FDA's credibility is shot. Approving products for sale that will kill people. They don't need anymore bad press since they can't even get lettuce, tomato, and other fresh produce to the shelves without E Coli. The latest is now refridgerated cookie dough. So at what point do we start to wonder if they are letting these poisons through in the other products they approve should we trust the medications they monitor too?
Lurker
0 likes
Very good points. I like the idea of the FDA approved packaging.