Question for authors ...

last reply
6 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Question for authors who write in multiple genres, but also a wide variety different sexual/erotic stories.

Often authors use a pen name for erotica if they also write something else, be it romance, historical etc. However, how about if you write two very different kinds of erotica, so for example real world m/m and also fantasy/supernatural erotica?

Does it benefit to use two names, or is erotica always erotica?
Lurker
0 likes
Personally I think if you can cross the genres and your stories are received well your imagination or life experiences are hot to trot.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
I use the same username for all my writings so that way those who like my writings can see that I'm more than just an erotica writer.
Lurker
0 likes
I use the same name here for my erotic stories and poems as on the other (blue site) which I wish a few more people would visit, they might get a pleasant surprise.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Guest
Question for authors who write in multiple genres, but also a wide variety different sexual/erotic stories.

Often authors use a pen name for erotica if they also write something else, be it romance, historical etc. However, how about if you write two very different kinds of erotica, so for example real world m/m and also fantasy/supernatural erotica?

Does it benefit to use two names, or is erotica always erotica?

Here on Lush it doesn't matter because Lush is stellar when it comes to organizing / sorting / tagging stories by a variety of themes and kinks.

If you were self publishing you might have to defined parameters for yourself to continue to successfully tap into your prime audience.
Lurker
0 likes
Would anyone be interested in writing a story with a ghostly feeling to it? If interested contact me and I will tell you what I have in mind.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I write fiction all under one pen name, but my non-fiction is technical and written under my 'real' name. The problem with that was persuading the bank to open an account under my pseudonym so that I could bank royalties separately from normal income.
News of ALL my novels (and where to get free copies) via charmbrights@yahoo.co.uk