Login

Double posts

last reply
1 reply
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Every once in a while I double post in the forum, and I'm not the only one. I find it very annoying, especially, because I can't properly correct it. I can of course edit one to "double post" but that's pretty obvious anyway.

It would be a nice to be able to delete them. It shouldn't be too hard to determine, if the previous post is an exact match (apart from the timestamp) and if it is, to add a delete button or even to prevent it from posting altogether.

Apart from ending annoyance about double posts, it would probably save some server space too.
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
Site administrator
0 likes
This has been raised before and perhaps its on Gav's very long To Do List. In the meantime you can ask the forum moderators to remove duplicate posts or edit them as you say above. I do know that when the forum moderators have time they do wander around the threads deleting duplicate posts.