glitch

last reply
7 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Is anyone else have a problem? I have been told by several members, that they can't score or comment on my works.
Matriarch
0 likes
There have been no server problems reported by our host today.

I just voted on your latest poem and it worked fine. And you have lots of comments on it too.

Hopefully it was simply a minute tear in the time space continuum and normal service has been resumed!
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
I've been getting more 503's (service unavailable) in the last months than before. And they seem to last longer as well (up to an hour and a half). Perhaps it has to do with maintenance, but I couldn't find any mentions of that in those cases. Last time was last Saturday, around 15h CEST I think.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Matriarch
0 likes
There was an outage 3 or 4 days ago, for an hour or so. Something to do with log files filling up disk space.

The host has been given instructions on what to do. Gav has it covered
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by nicola
There was an outage 3 or 4 days ago, for an hour or so. Something to do with log files filling up disk space.

The host has been given instructions on what to do. Gav has it covered

Cool!

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I wrote to help (Gav) a couple of weeks ago saying that on most occasions when i log in and then go to a chat room, it either doesn't load at all or takes 3+ minutes to load each of the boxes (running chat, user list, and chat text entry). Equally, if it does load then it will very often freeze, and a page refresh will then 2-3 minutes to take affect. I have a MacBook Pro and so have changed from Safari to Chrome, but with no effect, and i have run CCleaner to help clear the caches. Can you help? Thanks.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by DavidLancer
I wrote to help (Gav) a couple of weeks ago saying that on most occasions when i log in and then go to a chat room, it either doesn't load at all or takes 3+ minutes to load each of the boxes (running chat, user list, and chat text entry). Equally, if it does load then it will very often freeze, and a page refresh will then 2-3 minutes to take affect. I have a MacBook Pro and so have changed from Safari to Chrome, but with no effect, and i have run CCleaner to help clear the caches. Can you help? Thanks.

Just a few ideas here:

Firstly I googled 'MacBook Pro running slow and freezes' and there are quite alot of sites/forums that appear to give advice on that problem.

Do you experience the same problem using other sites that are very 'interactive' .. you could try another chat site just to see what happens.

Try Internet Explorer or Firefox?

I am not familiar with CCleaner but does that clear down temporary internet files/history etc.?

Hopefully someone using a MacBook Pro will see your post and 'chip in'.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Thank you John. I will try your suggestions, and let you know, but if anyone else has any further ideas, they would also be welcome.