11 replies
1.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Una chica rubia caliente
0 likes
I'll start....
MPB - Ty Cobb (way above anyone)
NFL - Johnny Unitas (just barely above Bobby Lane)
NHL - Terry Sawchuk (just barely above Gordie Howe, Ted Lindsey, and Rocket Richard)
NBA - Bill Russell (if you took a shot, he knew where the rebound was going the day before you took it)
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Moved from Site Announcements/Feedback to The Lounge. Much more appropriate here, thanks.
The Linebacker
0 likes
For major league baseball, I'll go with Hank Aaron, Pete Rose, Ken Griffey, Jr., Cal Ripken, Jr., and Greg Maddux (pitcher). And you have to throw in Babe Ruth. I had to leave Barry Bonds off the list cause he used steroids. Though not against the rules at the time, I just don't respect it.

NFL: Jerry Rice, Walter Peyton, Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Dick Butkus

NBA: Michael Jordan is the greatest of all time. NO CONTEST!

I couldn't tell you about NHL, so I'll go with the PGA: Jack Nicklaus

I would like to say that my all-time favorite baseball player is John Smoltz.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Buz
[

I couldn't tell you about NHL, so I'll go with the PGA: Jack Nicklaus

Wayne Gretzky. duh.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Buz

NBA: Steph Curry is the greatest of all time. NO CONTEST!

no argument there

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Hard for me to argue for MLB players pre-integration, so despite thinking players like Cobb, Ruth, DiMaggio, Williams etc., were among the best ever (with a personal preference for Ruth, and a sentimental love for Gehrig), I think I'd have to go with Willy Mays. In terms of players I've watched play live. Ken Griffey Jr.

NFL. Don't know enough to opine well, but the most exciting players I remember watching were Joe Montana and Barry Sanders.

NHL. The Great One.

NBA. Jordan. Even when he was destroying my beloved Knicks, I had to admit that he was playing a different sport from anyone else out there.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Michael Jordan no argument there

I am a big Steph Curry fan and if he can keep up what he is doing over time, and lead his team to as many championships as Michael Jordan, I'll be on board. But no one ruled the court and made everyone of their team consistently play way over their head like Jordan did. But I'd sure take Curry on my team anyday of the week. I think my Hawks should just dish out the cash and bring Curry to The ATL.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Baseball - Willie Mays (just imagine if Ted Williams hadn't lost 5 years in his prime to military service)

Football - Jim Brown

Hockey - Gordie Howe

Basketball - Dr J
Una chica rubia caliente
0 likes
Quote by Buz

I would like to say that my all-time favorite baseball player is John Smoltz.

John Smoltz is among my favorite pitchers, but Sandy Koufax was the best I've seen (although only in reruns).

"Either he throws the fastest ball I've ever seen, or I'm going blind,” said Hall of Famer Richie Ashburn.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
MLB - I have to go with Babe Ruth, who was one of the most dominant pitchers in baseball before the Red Sox figured out that they had to have his bat every day.
NBA - Wilt Chamberlain. 20,000? Are you serious?
NFL - Tie between Jim Brown and Earl Campbell.
NHL - Wayne Gretzky.