Login

Crunch My Berries

last reply
8 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
On May 21, a judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California dismissed a complaint filed by a woman who said she had purchased "Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries" because she believed "crunchberries" were real fruit. The plaintiff, Janine Sugawara, alleged that she had only recently learned to her dismay that said "berries" were in fact simply brightly-colored cereal balls, and that although the product did contain some strawberry fruit concentrate, it was not otherwise redeemed by fruit. She sued, on behalf of herself and all similarly situated consumers who also apparently believed that there are fields somewhere in our land thronged by crunchberry bushes.

Plaintiff did not explain why she could not reasonably have figured this out at any point during the four years she alleged she bought Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries in reliance on defendant's fraud.

Case dismissed.

Judge England also noted another federal court had "previously rejected substantially similar claims directed against the packaging of Fruit Loops [sic] cereal, and brought by these same Plaintiff attorneys." He found that their attack on "Crunchberries" should fare no better than their prior claims that "Froot Loops" did not contain real froot.

http://www.loweringthebar.net/2009/06/reasonable-consumer-would-know-crunchberries-are-not-real-judge-rules.html
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Why, oh why do these people insist on reproducing?
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
You mean Captain Crunch lied?!?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by castlequeen
Why, oh why do these people insist on reproducing?

Ya have to wonder that. LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Please refer to the incest discussion!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
did you go fishing today rocco?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This is clear and present truth that some people ARE the result of a butt-fuck.
So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family. George Carlin
Lurker
0 likes
That's the symbol for bumping something up, Rx.