last reply
34 replies
3.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Sinner so Sweet
0 likes
Do you have any fears or phobias?
Have you always had it, or are you aware that there was an event or catalyst that lead you to have that fear / conditioned you to respond in a certain manner?

================

For as long as I can remember I have been quite terrified of piers / jetties / marinas. But it's not really those in themselves so much as they are suspended in water. The same can be said for the hull of boats, propellers and buoys. Heightened anxiety around ships and ferried too. I've been known to freak out in diving pools (I think because you can't see the bottom) and sometimes even now the step ladders in swimming pools set me off as well. I'm not sure if it's a matter of not being able to see, or the mossy/algae growth that's often hanging around on stuff like that but I just cannot deal. I parked briefly near a boat ramp the other night for a few minutes and only had to flick my highbeams on and see the two marinas and next minutes I'm hightailing it out of there ? . Sometime visual representations trigger it, movies, stills, even details discussions, but not always.

I'm not sure when it started for me or if there was a catalyst as I grew up around various water crafts and fishing a lot but it seems to worsen now the older I get, perhaps due to lesser exposure over time. Anyhow I finally looked it up tonight and the closest "label" is submechanophobia - the fear of fully or partially submerged manmade objects. Found a whole sub-reddit dedicated to it too ? ? . Anyone else?

Anyway I have babbled on a bit, but was interested after reading a lot tonight and thought I would post here to see what other fears / phobias people experience.
My latest offering: Intoxicated ~ An Erotic Poem.
0 likes
Do you want a list? biggrin

Okay, I'm not really that bad, but the big ones:

- Heights. If I'm enclosed (e.g. in an airplane or building), I'm okay. But if I am in the open or looking down through, say, a floor to ceiling window or glass floor, yeah, I get the willies.
- Falling. Any rapid downward motion, even riding my bike fast down a hill. Likely related to above.
- Spiders. They give me the willies but I've managed to tame it and I'm actually quite fascinated by them and will even play with small ones.
- Anything with a stinger. I've mellowed on bees but wasps and hornets? *shudder*
Lurker
0 likes
I reckon so
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In the last while I've become obsessed with keeping my hands clean. Constant washing mostly after handling money. More of a OCD thing than a phobia?
0 likes
Well....

I have a fear of flying. I hit some "white turbulence" many years back. Drinks went flying and one of the flight attendants was hurt. I've been white-knuckled on a plane ever since. I fly at least twice a year on business and sometimes more often so it's a real pain. Also, if you see someone gripping their armrests, don't tell them that it won't hold up the plane. It's really irritating.

I'm claustrophobic but only really in caves. I learned this at Tom Sawyer Island at Disney World. Fun, that.

I do have a fear of crowds, especially when I'm not sure how to get out of one. Movies are an issue if the exit is behind me. I think it's been ten months since my last movie in a theater. Before that, I think it was a year.

I'm good with clowns, spiders, bees, heights, and water, though. (I'll probably die from drowning while in anaphylactic shock after being pushed off of a building into a swimming pool by a clown.)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by VirgoGo
This is the place to cultivate the quantity and quality of our nightmares....

I don't even want to put my personal phobias in print, because doing so might somehow compell the universe to spring 'em on me. Perhaps that's a meta-phobia?

Ha ha ha! If I would have predicted that answer from anyone, it would be you. ;=)

I am claustrophobic, although caves don't bother me as long as I can get through without having to squeeze through. I also have acrophobia in very specific circumstances. Public speaking does not bother me, and neither do snakes. I have handled rattlesnakes, a coral snake, a king cobra and a python, along with many non-venomous snakes. Hornets and spiders are somewhat problematic.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by 1lush
In the last while I've become obsessed with keeping my hands clean. Constant washing mostly after handling money. More of a OCD thing than a phobia?

I've always been OCD about clean hands. Consequently, I wash them so often, my hands look like a little old lady's! I slather hand lotion in industrial quantities.
Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
I have what I call, Letterbox Paranoia, comes with having too many Postal Nasties from Debt Collectors ect.
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Είμαι ταξιδιώτης τόσο στο χρόνο όσο και στο διάστημα
Lurker
0 likes
my fear is going blind
Lurker
0 likes
Wasp. I am highly allergic
Lurker
0 likes
Dogs (Cynophobia), Blood (Hemophobia), Bridges (Gephyrophobia). I am trying to get over the first and second is just that blood makes me really queasy
Mana wahine
0 likes
Clowns and puppets. Fuck that.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Burquette
Well....

I'm good with clowns, spiders, bees, heights, and water, though. (I'll probably die from drowning while in anaphylactic shock after being pushed off of a building into a swimming pool by a clown.)

Are you gonna add a super sized "O" to that
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Going blind, going deaf, losing my memory. - To not see beauty is bad, to never hear her voice is worse, to not remember is unfathomable.

However, my smartass, southern boy side says "Women and the police"
0 likes
Quote by Smoocher

Are you gonna add a super sized "O" to that

I ain't afraid of no O!

Wait...I'll do it....

Ungovernable
0 likes
I'm not the superstitious type but never again will I rearrange my Friends list. Two number ones left the site within days of one another. The list will remain chronological.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was shocked badly as a kid and actually passed out from it, waking up many seconds later. Its what I get for trying to wire an outlet with no adult supervision or guidance. As such, I've been terrified of being electrocuted ever since. Wires and lightning trigger some serious stress within me.

I believe that the following things are bad luck:
-running a red light
-killing a spider
-cleaning your hardhat
-eating cherry-flavored anything while on the job site

I have a black cat as a pet but I read somewhere that black cats are GOOD luck in Japan so I pretend that her ancestors hail from Okinawa.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by hopp3r

I have a black cat as a pet but I read somewhere that black cats are GOOD luck in Japan so I pretend that her ancestors hail from Okinawa.

Hahaha, they very well may have been. Or at least royalty in Egypt.

Fears of mine: mutant spiders.
Papercuts(between the fingers, or anywhere).
Absentmindedly losing the car keys/getting locked out of the house.
My right knee spontaneously dislocating again.
For generations our ancestors fought proudly as warriors against the Jedi. Reclaim our armored past for an unending future.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by CrazyKay

Hahaha, they very well may have been. Or at least royalty in Egypt.

Good point. Either way I think they just get a bad reputation. I've had a black cat as a pet for years and haven't had anything bad or spooky happen. Although she does levitate while she sleeps and the mice she catches always have strange markings on them but I'm sure that's all just a coincidence. ;)

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by hopp3r

Good point. Either way I think they just get a bad reputation. I've had a black cat as a pet for years and haven't had anything bad or spooky happen. Although she does levitate while she sleeps and the mice she catches always have strange markings on them but I'm sure that's all just a coincidence. ;)

Yeah, I think it was because witches used to use them for various evil deeds as a familiar, like hissing at strangers in dark alleys. I used to have a black cat in a way, fortunately named Lucky...she ended up going feral though, and didn't end up seeing her again(my dad kept her, and she got out by accident). Before that, she was just a bundle of cuddles...and my allergies loved that. Hmm, sounds like you should enter her into a sideshow, haha. Once mice start showing up in a mouse pentagram, you may want to worry.
For generations our ancestors fought proudly as warriors against the Jedi. Reclaim our armored past for an unending future.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't have many, but I do fear being cornered in an alley by rednecks who aren't there to fuck me.
Snake Charmera
0 likes
My only fear is spiders. I've been bit with reactions enough times to actually warrant that phobia now.
A cave cricket is pretty close though.

My Anti-Valentine Entry 💔

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-valentines-date-to-remember

My first EP and a top ten from the Pride Competition
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/-love-is-love-.aspx

Hanging in the background but around

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
We have a camp that is very secluded, on a river, with heavy wooded area all around it. We only cut about 5 acres of it. The land around ours is also wooded with some swampy areas. We have seen more Cotton Mouth snakes than I'm comfortable with. For me 1 was too many. Hubbie killed about 5 or 6 last year. Two of them were mating. Cuming and going at the same time for them two.

Brandie
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Bugs of all kinds, clowns (Thanks a lot, Stephen King), driving on the highway, thanks to anxiety.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Lurker
0 likes
I have an extreme fear of phobias