Login

New Button...

last reply
5 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I just posted a new story and in doing so found a new feature. When you submit a story it asks if you want to hide the snippet of your story that appears on the main page and category pages.

My question is why anyone would want to? It's the snippet of the story that attracts readers. They read the first part of the story and want to know more. At least that's what happens with new readers who don't follow you. By clicking on the button you lessen the chances that a new reader would pick your story! Curious.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Master_Jonathan
I just posted a new story and in doing so found a new feature. When you submit a story it asks if you want to hide the snippet of your story that appears on the main page and category pages.

My question is why anyone would want to? It's the snippet of the story that attracts readers. They read the first part of the story and want to know more. At least that's what happens with new readers who don't follow you. By clicking on the button you lessen the chances that a new reader would pick your story! Curious.

lol - i didn't even know about that one. honestly, i'm not sure why it exists either?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
would seem to make more sense on the reader end, not the author end, at least to me, if as a reader you want to de-clutter your front page.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Quote by Master_Jonathan

I believe this feature is for people to use when they submit a shorter piece, such as a poem, where they don't wish to show pretty much the whole work. It is quite useful on the blue site where we often post micro fiction stories that are only 100 words or less.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Green_Man

I believe this feature is for people to use when they submit a shorter piece, such as a poem, where they don't wish to show pretty much the whole work. It is quite useful on the blue site where we often post micro fiction stories that are only 100 words or less.

This.

It doesn't make much sense to have it as an option for stories though, as it could potentially disrupt the look of the front of the site here. It's a work in progress feature for now.

Thank you for the feedback.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Green_Man

Yeah I can see that. Flash Fiction pieces, short poems, that is true it would let the cat out of the bag on those types of works. Thanks Green_Man for the explanation!