Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Killing your stories/poems...when do you do it?

last reply
10 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia
So. I just want to know, when do you hide (kill) your posted pieces? I do it if they hit the 4.8 score mark (barring them being an RR or whatever). Yah, so, I'm a perfectionist.

Anyone else?

There are plenty of less than 4.8 that have a RR ..... the RR is not about perfection .... it's about a mod reading a story/poem that knows it doesn't fit the paramaters of an Editors Pick/Choice because THAT has to be unanimous but a RR is the reward for .... "Fuck, that is some great writing!!" and feels that it should be highlighted.

Unhide those less than perfect scores .... and show your beautiful writing!

Van
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
Why would you hide a story? And what does reader response have to do with anything?

Some of mine have been less successful than others (either in popularity with readers or in my own esteem), but none of them have been so embarrassingly bad that I wish I hadn't posted them, and don't want to be identified with them. If they were, I probably wouldn't have submitted them in the first place.

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Lurker
0 likes
I'd never hide/remove a story. It's my belief all comments and scores are helpful criticisms to aid and improve your writing ability
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
No. If one of my stories is "missing", it's usually because an error has been found and I've resubmitted it after I've fixed it. I've got one in the vault because it's a Lush exclusive, and the rest are up and if someone wants to vote it down, so be it. I just hope that said voter gives me a reason as to why they would score me low (as in a 1 or 2). Perhaps it's something I can fix.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
the only opinion that matters is mine. if i think it's good enough to publish here, i could get straight 1s and i'm not taking it down. you can't please all of the people all of the time. there's only one story that isn't still on lush, and that was an incest story that couldn't be rewritten after the incest ban (Future Steph). great story, too, but them's the breaks. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by sprite
the only opinion that matters is mine. if i think it's good enough to publish here, i could get straight 1s and i'm not taking it down. you can't please all of the people all of the time. there's only one story that isn't still on lush, and that was an incest story that couldn't be rewritten after the incest ban (Future Steph). great story, too, but them's the breaks. smile

I WANTZ TO READZ IT!

Just kidding. You disappoint me.

Kidding again. I wanna read it now cuz I can't read it. Gimme!

NOW!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I give no shits what people think. Okay, that's a lie. I do. But I care more for the comments than the scores. I won't take a story, and haven't taken a story down, unless I really hate it at some point down the line.

Okay, that's a lie.

I took down one story for a few weeks. Maybe longer than that. It was first person. And it was a lesbian story. And I suddenly wasn't really confidant AT ALL in it. And I was somewhat, I dunno if embarrassed is the right word, but I was leery keeping it up. But I decided to and it got an RR later on, so I guess it wasn't the steaming trash I thought it was?
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Only story I have taken down was for the same reason, but mine eventually did get rewritten. I have had plenty of "stillborn" stories that I never submitted for various reasons, but once a story is up, it stays up barring a rules change.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
I have killed them temporarily for rewrites, sometimes because of some flaw pointed out in the comments that I agreed with, sometimes because I found it flawed. I don't bother even looking at the scores, as I get quite a few low scores, for whatever reason (I am perversely proud of my 1s, figuring if I cause that strong a reaction I must be doing something right). But a perceptive comment about how the story could be made better has made me take a story down while I tinkered with it.

And like Seeker said, there are a few stillborn stories I never bothered to submit.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have killed story idea in the writing stage but I have never killed a story once it's published. Like others have said here once it it up, it is up to the reader to choose whether to read it or not. I write my stories to get them out of my head - the fact that others seem to enjoy them is a happy sideline!

That being said I do have stories too hot for Lush either in subject matter or degree and for that I have my tumblr site. But still I don't take down a published story just because it isn't doing well. Not all of them will.
Lurker
0 likes
I only worry about what I have self published and if it's in KU. If I decide to put anything in KU i have to take it down from Lush for the duration.