Genitalia Reference

last reply
44 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This for me is a question more for the women who might read this question.
Is it offensive to call a women's bits a pussy all the time, or is some other tasteful descriptions okay, what are they?
I fine myself in a rut calling male side cocks, dick, manhood, etc... I know what I think is acceptable, I hope.

When writing a story and needing to refer to a woman's gentiles what is okay, and how often?
Do I just keep using vagina and pussy? Is there a resource for help on this question?

As I learn how to write and improve my writing I find questions like this one had to find an answer.
Old in chronological age. But young at heart and desire.
Lurker
0 likes
[I'm assuming woman's gentiles is an autocorrect. If so, it's one of the best ever.]

I'm a guy, so maybe you don't want my answer to your question, but my experience has been that every woman I've known has different reactions to different words, including those for male genitalia. It's your story -- I'd go with what turns you on.

As a suggestion for a male's equipment, I'd suggest "purple helmet warrior."
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
There are much worse terms than pussy, but for a bit of variety, how about vulva, quim, or yoni (one of my favorite terms, from Hindi)
Lurker
0 likes
Peach, Cherry, Slit, Snatch.... the author girls would tell you more smile
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
cunt works. so does yamyam or vajayjay. or there's always Celeste.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
oops. didn't mean to post. never mind.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Cunt is my fave. I think it matches cock quite nicely. I don't find it offensive at all used in this manner.
0 likes
Quote by Myamibi
Cunt is my fave. I think it matches cock quite nicely. I don't find it offensive at all used in this manner.

I think I use the word "cunt" more often than any other word for the vulva/vaginal areas and vaginal canal specifically, in my pieces.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

0 likes
My girlfriend and I always used 'hootie and girl'. As in, touch my hoodie, lick my girl, etc...lol

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Quote by Simmerdownchick
My girlfriend and I always used 'hootie and girl'. As in, touch my hoodie, lick my girl, etc...lol

Are Hootie and the Blowfish still a thing? Those names could work! And I thought yoni was that fusion/ new age musician guy. Wait, that's Yanni, I guess.

I'll occasionally use "her sex" (sparingly) or some euphemism like "her wet heat" or "Her velvet sheath" or "her tight, wet, needy, pulsating tunnel of love". On second thought, I've never used that last one in a story. I should jot that down. But for me, pussy tends to win the day. Cunt almost never, for some reason. Negative connotations for me, I think.
Chuckanator
0 likes
Men: Werner, cock, wanger, love tool, ramrod, instrument of love, dick, erection, penis, and if you are clinical, phallus.

Women: Pussy, cunt, twat, vulva, Vijay, love tunnel, vagina, sperm bank, or womanhood.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It is/was auto correct, thanks for the feedback, I have tried that one before

Quote by oceanrunner
[I'm assuming woman's gentiles is an autocorrect. If so, it's one of the best ever.]

I'm a guy, so maybe you don't want my answer to your question, but my experience has been that every woman I've known has different reactions to different words, including those for male genitalia. It's your story -- I'd go with what turns you on.

As a suggestion for a male's equipment, I'd suggest "purple helmet warrior."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks Chuck, the men I think I cover fairly well, your suggestions for women is interesting.
Of the lady suggestions I wondered about "cunt, twat" if those were offensive to women when they read a story.

Quote by ChuckEPoo
Men: Werner, cock, wanger, love tool, ramrod, instrument of love, dick, erection, penis, and if you are clinical, phallus.

Women: Pussy, cunt, twat, vulva, Vijay, love tunnel, vagina, sperm bank, or womanhood.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I mentioned to Chuck, I thought "cunt" would offend women, I gather it does not.

Quote by HeraTeleia

I think I use the word "cunt" more often than any other word for the vulva/vaginal areas and vaginal canal specifically, in my pieces.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks for the input, the fruit idea is one I have not used.

Quote by Deliciaa
Peach, Cherry, Slit, Snatch.... the author girls would tell you more smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I appreciate the feedback, some of the suggestions have been enlightening, most like vajayjay were acceptable.
One time when I wrote a story I was told never to use "cunt" but that was years ago, maybe times have changed. Thanks Sprite

Quote by sprite
cunt works. so does yamyam or vajayjay. or there's always Celeste.
Lurker
0 likes
Slot. Gash. Fuckhole.

They're some of my favourites.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by MrAvg

One time when I wrote a story I was told never to use "cunt" but that was years ago, maybe times have changed. Thanks Sprite

not sure whoever told you that, but it's never been a policy here. cunt is a staple of an erotic writer's vocabulary.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by MrAvg
I mentioned to Chuck, I thought "cunt" would offend women, I gather it does not.

some women don't like the word. some of us, however, embrace it.

Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
For me, it often depends on the tone of the sex. If it's emotional and romantic, slow and sensual, I tend to stick with more flowery terms, like core, center, chanel, lips, folds, slit, and pussy. Something more active, more passionate, will earn words like cunt, snatch, quim, and the ones above with more vivid descriptors, like tight, eager, dripping, hungry, needy, swollen. The most depraved of scenes that I will write tend to use terms like fuckhole, along with very hedonistic descriptors and the other words above.

It's all about being creative within the kind of scene that you're wanting to paint. smile
The Linebacker
0 likes
Cunt and twat are great words to use during sex. What is especially great is for both the guy and the woman to both use the words in expressing their passion. Those words let you both know, you're really fucking. not just having sex, but FUCKING!

When she yells out at me, "Fuck my slutty cunt!" Wow! That does the trick.

Two of my favorite words for genitalia (though I don't think I have an ultimate favorite, but I do love these) are 'snatch' for pussy and 'tallywhacker' for dick. Though saying 'tallywhacker' used during sex might cause you to giggle. But if you're married or long time and truly impassioned, a few laughs while fucking doesn't hurt at all and certainly doesn't hinder anything.

'Snatch' is a great word to use anytime, even while fucking. "Oh, babe, your damn snatch is really dripping. It's oozing all down my chin."

Sex requires a lot of noise, talking, and intense physical passion! Dirty words make it great!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Times have changed, the woman who did not like it when I tried writing years ago is lost in space.
We were on a photography channel that was trying writing on the side, the website is now gone, it was re-enforced by other women.

One person who told me a very long time ago the only thing you can not call a women is a "cunt" was my mother.
I appreciate the feedback Sprite.

Quote by sprite

some women don't like the word. some of us, however, embrace it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks Raven your comparisons for the word use it spot on, my graphic stories most always have passionate descriptive scenes rendering tender wording seems best.
Everyone has been very helpful with ideas, I just need to process them as I proceed through my next stories, oral on a pussy seems better than a cunt comes to mind.
Thanks for the suggestions on words, a few I have not used before.

Quote by RavenStar
For me, it often depends on the tone of the sex. If it's emotional and romantic, slow and sensual, I tend to stick with more flowery terms, like core, center, chanel, lips, folds, slit, and pussy. Something more active, more passionate, will earn words like cunt, snatch, quim, and the ones above with more vivid descriptors, like tight, eager, dripping, hungry, needy, swollen. The most depraved of scenes that I will write tend to use terms like fuckhole, along with very hedonistic descriptors and the other words above.

It's all about being creative within the kind of scene that you're wanting to paint. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Buzz your input seems to mirror Raven with much more emotion aspect part of word use tense, your style show based on your writing.
I have not used the word 'tallywhacker' yet since when I do I think of my dad, who liked to use that word around the bro and myself when he was kidding.
I appreciate your help and suggestions for word use structure.

Quote by Buz
Cunt and twat are great words to use during sex. What is especially great is for both the guy and the woman to both use the words in expressing their passion. Those words let you both know, you're really fucking. not just having sex, but FUCKING!

When she yells out at me, "Fuck my slutty cunt!" Wow! That does the trick.

Two of my favorite words for genitalia (though I don't think I have an ultimate favorite, but I do love these) are 'snatch' for pussy and 'tallywhacker' for dick. Though saying 'tallywhacker' used during sex might cause you to giggle. But if you're married or long time and truly impassioned, a few laughs while fucking doesn't hurt at all and certainly doesn't hinder anything.

'Snatch' is a great word to use anytime, even while fucking. "Oh, babe, your damn snatch is really dripping. It's oozing all down my chin."

Sex requires a lot of noise, talking, and intense physical passion! Dirty words make it great!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by MrAvg
Times have changed, the woman who did not like it when I tried writing years ago is lost in space.
We were on a photography channel that was trying writing on the side, the website is now gone, it was re-enforced by other women.

One person who told me a very long time ago the only thing you can not call a women is a "cunt" was my mother.
I appreciate the feedback Sprite.

using cunt for genitalia and calling a women a cunt are two very different things. wouldn't suggest the later smile

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Smoocher

you mean like "velvet vulva" ... "Squishy quim" ... and "yummy yoni" ???

Or voluptuous Vulva, Quivering Quim, or (Couldn't improve this one) YUMMY Yoni?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree, that is one reason I shied away, but you and other have helped better define context.
I simple search for slang vagina brings up many suggestions, I needed, wanted a women's input as to what seemed right.
Thank you very much again for your help!

Quote by sprite

using cunt for genitalia and calling a women a cunt are two very different things. wouldn't suggest the later smile
Prolific Writer
0 likes
When I write, I think I've used just about every name for a vagina. I like them all.

Vagina
Cunt
Slit
Pussy
Vajayjay
Muff
Cooze
Coozie
Furr ball
Treasure
Box
Pink taco
quim.

My favorites are pussy and cunt.

Xo
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Quote by RavenStar

I agree, approximately 100%. BTW, I've also had female type writers express some reservations about 'cunt'. FWIW, I wouldn't use it in a romantic scene. On the other hand, 'woo-woo' is probably best avoided or used very carefully. ;)

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN