Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Is it possible to be a Christian and be on Lush?

last reply
154 replies
10.3k views
2 watchers
25 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
No hate, please. Treat it as an honest question.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You can be anything you want on Lush.
Her Royal Spriteness
2 likes
How is lush non-christian? Love thy neighbor.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Absolutely
Primus Omnium
1 like
It is possible to be a christian and be on Lush. It is possible to be a christian and be a serial killer. It is possible to be a christian and be a slave holder. It is possible to be a christian and be pederast. It is possible to be a christian and be anything at all. Being a christian is a designation and choice that a person makes for themselves. It carries no particular value judgment at all. Members of the Ku Klux Klan call themselves christians. Members of the Republican party call themselves christians. Members of the Democratic party call themselves christians. It is a word. A word that some people use to describe themselves. As such it means only what a person wants it to mean for them. To me it designates a person who disdains logic, the scientific method, and honest scholarship. But that's just my opinion.
Lurker
0 likes
When I'm here, my religion is Lush....
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I couldn't see why not? Free thought is still a thing in Christianity.
“If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you wont give up. If you give up, you're not worthy. ... Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.”
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Sure! I just channel old Flip Wilson and say, "The Devil made me do it!"

But seriously, if God created us, as Christians believe, then He created our bodies and our minds and two very different sexes, and made sex and thoughts of sex and our desires, whatever they may be, pleasurable things. Satisfying things - loving things, as Sprite says. We all need someone to love, and a way to enjoy them and share intimacy.

Making it dirty and something to be ashamed of was a concept created by man, and like so many such things is intended to give other men (not God) control over your thoughts and behavior. We were commanded to be fruitful and multiply, not something that would be an easy sell if sex wasn't so damn much fun, and thus the urge built into us! Turns out all the man-made rules and repression can't change that.

Call it evolution and survival instinct, perpetuation of the species, or call it God's will. The end result is the same, and erotic thoughts are a big part of the equation.
Active Ink Slinger
1 like
I can't see why not. Most Christians also enjoy sex and I would believe there are many here who would admit being Christians. Sex is not immoral and neither is Lush.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Lol my pastor is on here as well....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You can be a follower of the Spaghetti Monster and be on Lush.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
I'm sure there will be Chrsitians who'd say "No, not if one's a true Christian", but like any other major religion Christianity is not monolytic. It has many sects and personal interpretations. Many of which have no issue with it, as we can see. There are many Christians on here.

Quote by Green_Man
It is possible to be a christian and be on Lush. It is possible to be a christian and be a serial killer. It is possible to be a christian and be a slave holder. It is possible to be a christian and be pederast. It is possible to be a christian and be anything at all. Being a christian is a designation and choice that a person makes for themselves.

While I agree with the statement above one might wonder: is it possible to be a Christian and a Muslim, or a Christian and a Pastafarian?

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Quote by stormdog100
Sure! I just channel old Flip Wilson and say, "The Devil made me do it!"

But seriously, if God created us, as Christians believe, then He created our bodies and our minds and two very different sexes, and made sex and thoughts of sex and our desires, whatever they may be, pleasurable things. Satisfying things - loving things, as Sprite says. We all need someone to love, and a way to enjoy them and share intimacy.

Making it dirty and something to be ashamed of was a concept created by man, and like so many such things is intended to give other men (not God) control over your thoughts and behavior. We were commanded to be fruitful and multiply, not something that would be an easy sell if sex wasn't so damn much fun, and thus the urge built into us! Turns out all the man-made rules and repression can't change that.

Call it evolution and survival instinct, perpetuation of the species, or call it God's will. The end result is the same, and erotic thoughts are a big part of the equation.

What I was thinking, but not clearly enough to put it so eloquently. Thanks Storm!
0 likes
There are so many ways to be a Christian.

If you are entrenched in the deep evangelical Christian belief system...no. You can't be on Lush and be that kind of Christian. They are rooted in sin-avoidance, rather than self-betterment. Sexual sins are the most tasty and, in my experience, the most harped on.

If you just believe in the teachings of the Bible in a piecemeal way, I think you can easily be here on Lush without conflict. I like the bits about loving and forgiving and and not judging. I focus on that rather than the parts that say I should only have sex with my opposite gender partner. And other objectionable passages.

Also, there's always the option that you're a Christian, you know you shouldn't be on here, you get a sexual thrill out of sinning, and pray and masturbate simultaneously every night, all because of Lush.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Its a judgement free site. So why not.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I see little reason as to why there should be any conflict. It is completely possible.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm here ... so yes.
Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
Christians be like hypocrites, so why not come here lol
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Είμαι ταξιδιώτης τόσο στο χρόνο όσο και στο διάστημα
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Peri
When I'm here, my religion is Lush....

This is spot on I think.
Lurker
0 likes
Books in bible...
Mathew
Mark
Luke
John
Lush.... It has 316,575 Chapters as of today and Chapter one is Nicola ;)
The Linebacker
0 likes
Yes. In fact, the Bible has several instances of explicit sex. Being a Christian is really about how you treat other people and if you live your life in a way that is charitable and influences people in a loving and kind way. The Bible sternly warns about being a judgemental person.

There are way too many false Christians. You can spot them easily, always professing to be Christians, holding themselves out to be holier than thou, always seeing sin in everyone else. The type that don't do any charitable acts unless they get publicity and credit for it. They always judge other people. They are unforgiving and unloving. The Bible says that in the end there are many who will not be recognized.
Lurker
0 likes
Love God, love each other, do your best to be a good person...
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
absolutely. i've never found lush to conflict with my faith. also, to piggyback on what buz expanded on, the song of solomon is some of the most beautiful poetry ever written in regards to lovers. would fit in quite nicely here...

Say. Her. Name.

Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by Buz
Yes. In fact, the Bible has several instances of explicit sex. Being a Christian is really about how you treat other people and if you live your life in a way that is charitable and influences people in a loving and kind way. The Bible sternly warns about being a judgemental person.

There are way too many false Christians. You can spot them easily, always professing to be Christians, holding themselves out to be holier than thou, always seeing sin in everyone else. The type that don't do any charitable acts unless they get publicity and credit for it. They always judge other people. They are unforgiving and unloving. The Bible says that in the end there are many who will not be recognized.

This.
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by Buz
They always judge other people. They are unforgiving and unloving. The Bible says that in the end there are many who will not be recognized.

Hmm...
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by ChrisM
Definitely. My first name is Christian. smile

lol :)

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.