Badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom

last reply
103 replies
15.4k views
1 watcher
8 likes
Writius Eroticus
3 likes
There are many things in this life I'll never be: astronaut, Nobel prizewinner, or shark, to name three. But one thing it appears I can do with some degree of proficiency is poke my imagination and write down what comes out.

I've been here on this great site around eighteen months, reading some of the amazing talent it harbours, taking notes and standing on the shoulders of such giants to gradually improve as a writer. To that end, today I received something I never expected: an Editor's Pick award for my latest story, "Reawakening Rebecca". To say I'm chuffed would be true; enough that I've stepped from the shadows of the site to mention it here. If anyone missed it on its brief appearance on the front page, I cordially invite you to give it a whirl.

If the antics of an aristocrat and her psychiatrist don't float your goat, perhaps you'd respond more to my bad boy character, the likeable rogue Ryan Noble. He enjoys nothing more than seducing women, from waitresses and joggers to the wife of a rich client in "151 Reasons", a woman in distress he picks up from the roadside in "Damaged Goods", and even young, impressionable eighteen-year-old employees of his company in "Whatever it Takes". Sometimes it backfires of course, as he found out in the hangover-induced "Reassembling the Night", which directly led to him taking things "A Woman Too Far". Several more tales of his are planned, including one exploring his origins.

Although many of my stories have attracted Recommended Read awards, I never take them for granted and keep trying to stretch myself; to do something a little different within the confines of the erotic genre. Sometimes it doesn't quite work out as I planned: both the sci-fi / fantasy pieces "Unbanished" and "Timestones" ended up very different to how I envisaged their direction. Other times, such as in the female-perspective "Alone In Her Hotel Room" and my foray into the dystopian future of guns and artificial intelligence in "Basic Parameters", my vision was more clearly aligned with the finished product.

No matter what, I appreciate every reader and every constructive comment, as it helps me to grow as a writer. I'm also always on the lookout for outstanding authors so I can learn more about this wonderful craft. I have my pet favourite masters of the digital quill, of course, who consistently weave fabulous yarns -- and you know who you are -- but with a site as sprawling as this, I'm bound to have missed many. Please feel free to bring any such gems to my attention and I'll do my best to read them.

In the meantime, I'd be honoured if those of you who may have missed my stories would dive in and see what you think. I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you in advance, and thank you to the people behind the scenes who make this site what it is. You're all terrific.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 101 stories, nine micro-stories, and two poems with the following features:

* 25 Editor's Picks, 69 Recommended Reads.
* 14 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 20 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Congrats on your Editor's Pick.
? A True Story ?
0 likes
Congratulations xx Keep up the great work

Reassembling the Night is still my favourite. Love that story x
Writius Eroticus
1 like
Thank you for the kind words, both of you. I guess I should figure out exactly what I did right with Reawakening Rebecca and learn to repeat it :-)

Taking a step away from that type of story I have entered the Sporty Sex competition with a hunk of text entitled "Exercising Restraint". Originally envisaged as a piece of Flash Erotica, I failed at that and decided to spin it into a longer piece with a slightly different take on a woman's approach to exercise.

It's only the second time I've tried writing from the female perspective -- again, first person and present tense like Alone In Her Hotel Room -- and is a lot lighter on scene setting and peripheral details to my usual output, focusing instead on the intensity during the latter stages of a workout with benefits. It might not be your thang as it's quite introspective and enclosed, but you'll never know unless you give it a go.

Please feel free to check it out and let me know your reactions. Thanks!

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 101 stories, nine micro-stories, and two poems with the following features:

* 20 collaborations.

The Linebacker
0 likes
Congratulations and welcome to the Badger Club.

Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Thank you for the props (and for the badgers, Buz).

I've just tried being concise for once in "The Confession, 2065". Would love to find out if anyone thinks it's a hit or miss. I find the Flash category very tough, so any constructive guidance on the story would be most appreciated. I'm sure I have much to learn. Thanks!

* 20 collaborations.

Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Alright, I know I implied I wasn't going to do another Flash story, but one called "Anniversary Need" had been floating around on my hard drive for months -- maybe longer -- and I finally decided to throw it in.

A much more straightforward moment of lust between a couple than my last over-ambitious attempt at the genre, it's light on setting, heavy on macro-level detail, which might not be to the tastes of people who prefer to exercise their imagination while reading. Have I managed to propel you into the midst of a husband and wife enjoying a grabbed night alone, or does it leave you cold? Either way, I'd like to find out what you think -- especially as I muck about with present/past/present tense to tell the story as partial flashback -- so please feel free to give it a spin. Thank you.

* 20 collaborations.

Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Continuing my monologue, I'm going to pimp my latest creation, because, well, that's what this forum category is for.

After a short break to write other characters, "The Last Mile" hails the return of bad boy Ryan Noble and his antics with a minibus full of women on their way to a Hen party. If the notion of being stuck in motorway traffic makes you want to belt-sand your own face, this story might well change your mind. Emphasis on might.

Would love to hear from anyone who reads it. Thanks in advance.

* 20 collaborations.

Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Anyone who has less than ten minutes to spare might like to cast their gaze over my latest Flash Erotica piece entitled "The Zip" which focuses on, ummmm, a zip and its travels downward to reveal... well, you'll just have to read it to find out.

Enjoy.

* 20 collaborations.

Writius Eroticus
0 likes
My Christmas competition piece is available for immediate consumption. It's called "Muff Nudge" in honour of all horny hairdressers out there. And if that doesn't make you wonder what it's all about and how it's related to Christmas, nothing will. Thanks in advance for checking it out.

* 20 collaborations.

Writius Eroticus
0 likes
My On the Road competition story has been published, in which I've interpreted the competition photo as a hitchhiking girl running from her out-of-control boyfriend in the middle of a Nebraska heatwave (yeah, I know it's in the tornado belt, but stick with it).

When the blonde and her luggage are picked up by a stranger, each few miles of their journey unravels more of her past and the circumstances under which she found herself hitching. Can the guy who picked her up, hold it together in the light of everything she's done? Well, you'll just have to read "Worth The Risk" to find out...

* 20 collaborations.

Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Toot toot!

That's the sound of my own horn, because my competition entry "Worth the Risk" has just come runner-up in the On the Road competition against some seriously awesome other stories. I'm so thrilled that I had to share the link again.

And if you haven't had time to check out puddleduck's winning entry and, in fact, the entire top ten, plus others that should have made it in there if there were more than ten spaces available, then now is the time to make amends. This competition brought out some fabulous creativity from aliens to ghosts to fashionistas to drug dealers and, of course, plenty of hitchhikers. Read, read, read...

* 20 collaborations.

Lurker
0 likes
ALL I M DEMANDING FOR !
Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Fans of fast cars and MILFs, or even MILFs locked in fast cars, should probably check out my latest collection of words, sentences, and paragraphs. "The Hard Drive" follows the plight of a stunt driver by day doing "one last heist" by night that goes a bit wrong. Throw in some money, a car, diamonds, sex, a car, a horny 16-year-old, and did I mention a car? Et voila.

If I say any more I'd be giving too much away, so just go read it. Thanks in advance when you do.

* 20 collaborations.

Writius Eroticus
0 likes
After a few months dicking around with a word processor, part two of "The Hard Drive" has been published. It directly follows on from the car-based action in the first instalment and follows our stunt-driving protagonist as he tries to regain control in the aftermath of the failed heist.

Anyone who likes fast cars, slow cars, car chases, and sex ought to find it an entertaining read so please give it a read and let me know what you think.

* 20 collaborations.

Writius Eroticus
0 likes
What do scientists do behind closed lab doors? One possible answer is explored in my latest Recommended Read "Science Slut". Yes, the title kinda gives away what happens, but the journey was fun to conjure up. Even if Sci-Fi isn't your regular category, I've tried to keep the sciency bit in the background of the story, so I hope you find it a blast to read.

* 20 collaborations.

Writius Eroticus
0 likes
A double-do here, given that I've posted two stories in rapid (well, for me) succession.

The first attracted an RR, which I'm chuffed about, and explores the moment when a guy on his way home from work encounters a beautiful woman undressing in her bedroom window. Sounds like a run-of-the-mill voyeur story, right? Wrong! You'll just have to read "Window of Opportunity" to find out why.

The second is my entry into the Bookish competition about a struggling couple seeking reconnection who turn to a self-help guide for assistance with their relationship. This one's a lot more straightforward, so anyone looking for plot twists and stuff won't find them here. All the same, I'd be honoured if you could find ten minutes to spare and read "Something Missing, Something Found".

Thanks in advance for taking a peek into the world of Wannabe.

* 20 collaborations.

Writius Eroticus
0 likes
After a brief hiatus, I'm back with a few pieces of long-form for everyone's perusal.

First up is the conclusion of "The Hard Drive" trilogy, where cars, guns, a MILF and a guy trying to make amends for working for a gangster set the backdrop to some over-the-top action. Oh, and some sex. Does our guy get the girl? Does he level the playing field with his former boss after the narrow escapes in the first two chapters? You'll just have to read it to find out.

Next is a complete change of genre for me. "What's Eating Chelsea Lake" features a smattering of tentacle sex, with some regular back-story boning to set up the reasons why this girl is being harassed nightly by a creature from another world. Or is she? Don't let the title being a nod to What's Eating Gilbert Grape? fool you. There are no brothers involved, no mental illness and no obese mother. But there is a staple gun.

Finally (for now) is me back in familiar territory in the Seduction category. "Thirteen Steps from Heaven or Hell" follows the plight of a decent young man tempted away from his faith by his horny neighbour with a penchant for short dresses. Although that precis makes it appear a fairly standard take on the theme, I hope the fact it plays with the concept of cheating gives it a little bit of zing in the tail.

It attracted an RR, of which I'm insanely proud because I put a lot of work into it to balance the narrative, the sexual tension and the dialogue that drives it. I'd be honoured if you would read it if you haven't already and let me know what you think. Thanks, and enjoy.

* 20 collaborations.

Primus Omnium
0 likes
I expect this may embarass me for my lack of knowledge but I'll ask anyway. What is a "badger?"
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by Green_Man
I expect this may embarass me for my lack of knowledge but I'll ask anyway. What is a "badger?"

Apparently, those of us who've been graced with an EP badge on our badge list.
Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Quote by Beffer

Yes, or a monochrome nocturnal creature. Or a person who "badgers" other people (by bothering them) to promote their own work or cause for self-gain. I liked the duplicity of the word so I went with a sort of play on it with the title. Plus, I find the word 'badger' amusing for some reason.

* 20 collaborations.

Whistling on my journey
0 likes
Quote by WannabeWordsmith

Yes, or a monochrome nocturnal creature. Or a person who "badgers" other people (by bothering them) to promote their own work or cause for self-gain. I liked the duplicity of the word so I went with a sort of play on it with the title. Plus, I find the word 'badger' amusing for some reason.

first congrats EP are not handed out lightly. and the best for last your use of the term "badger" this completely made my morning, right up there with my coffee. cheers on your journey I shall be looking for your stories in the coming days/months
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Quote by Beffer

That's rather nice to know. I love being a Badger. Didn't realize I was until now.
Lurker
0 likes
Cheffed, "float your goat"? Please explain.
Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Quote by OleBadger58
"float your goat"? Please explain.

It's a bit like the English idiom to float your boat, but with one letter changed to introduce a random factor that makes me smile when I read it. Internal amusement only as nobody else gets it.

* 20 collaborations.

Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Two more piece for your delectation and amusement. The first, "A Cure for Swellness", is a short (for me) piece of doctor-patient fun. Despite the tongue-in-cheek play on words of the movie with a similar title, it's earned an RR for which I'm incredibly honoured. If you like a bit of role play/risky encounter at the workplace, with desks, then you'd do well to check it out.

Secondly, there's still time to get in a read or two of my competition piece for the Masked contest before the closing date in a few days. It's called "The Edge of Control" and is a tense affair of seduction, lust and boundary-testing for a woman exploring her darker side behind the anonymity of a Venetian mask.

While you're there, please check out the other competition entries too, because there are some corkers there, with some wildly inventive takes on the theme.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who reads my stories. I hope you enjoy them.

* 20 collaborations.

Story Verifier
0 likes
Admittedly, I've only recently discovered your work. I guess you don't force your work down people's throats like some authors do so maybe I haven't noticed them as much. However, I'm thrilled I have because the quality of your writing is absolutely outstanding, imo.

I haven't read anything that disappointed me. I'm loving reading through your back catalogue and hope that others discover your writing to.

For example, this story Fucking scorching hot stuff right here has little views on it but it's simply superb.

You cover many genres without letting the quality slip which is a skill in itself.

I really hope the others take time to read and give you their feedback.
Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Thank you for the awesome big-up, Miss sweet-as. You're right I don't do much self-promotion. My philosophy is that if it's good enough, people will find it organically - like you did - or will recommend it to their friends. I tend to delete messages like "Hello, I know you're on my friends list so you already have a notification about my new story, but I've just posted this story that I'd love you to read."

So pleased you find my stories entertaining. Means a lot to me when someone with as much talent as you, can find the time to read my work and write such nice things about it too. Thank you, and I hope I can continue to entertain you with future stories.

* 20 collaborations.