Is this ok?

last reply
8 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I finished my story, I am a bit nervous about it tho anyways I wanted to ask if it can be necessary to include a Character's age or is that fine to leave out? Cause I was not sure if I could do that or if it wasn't necessary to put in. I did want to make an epilogue for the story on how each character I have in mind got their start in the business. or should I wait and leave those for after like a back story to real story.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Personally I would include the age. x

Life is not a rehearsal!!
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
To the best of my knowledge, there is no requirement that the age of a character be posted here at Lush. Unless the information is an important part of the story, why add that detail? Of course, all characters must be above the age of 16, the age of consent in the UK.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Charming as fuck
0 likes
If you're quite clearly describing adults, then no need. If you're talking about students etc, where there could be ambiguity, then ages should be stated.
Please also note that people should act age appropriate, so you can't claim someone is 16, but have them act and sound like a much younger person (specific age play scenarios aside).
Lurker
0 likes
It's you who know if the storyline warrants age description or not.... Reader's comments later on would be critique which will help you in writing next story... so decide about the necessity of it now...
Unfortunately, you've to abide by Lush rules, so even if settings require the age to be mentioned, and that age doesn't fall in Lush age limit, then you may have to resort to the use of words like chick or lola which are normally used for teen aged girls smile
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Jen
If you're quite clearly describing adults, then no need. If you're talking about students etc, where there could be ambiguity, then ages should be stated.
Please also note that people should act age appropriate, so you can't claim someone is 16, but have them act and sound like a much younger person (specific age play scenarios aside).

I wasn't thinking that young like 16 or younger girl none of my stories will be like that, was just wondering how old a Junior or senior personnel worker should be aged, Like Junior would be around maybe 23 or 24,not new but there pretty long time.Say around 3 months would that be considered a Junior,and Senior would be working there maybe years or longer but kind of young looking to be a Senior,around 29 or 30?
Lurker
0 likes
As the others have pretty well addressed the "age" issue with regards to Lush, "Junior" would depend upon the type of company. it could mean right out of high school and up, OR in other businesses requiring additional education... it would be older.

Now, as regards the "how they got their start" as you've said, it provides a possible starting point for ADDITONAL stories (in a serial) unless it is somehow crucial to the plot of the original.
Empress of the Moon
0 likes
Quote by InnocentBliss87

I wasn't thinking that young like 16 or younger girl none of my stories will be like that, was just wondering how old a Junior or senior personnel worker should be aged, Like Junior would be around maybe 23 or 24,not new but there pretty long time.Say around 3 months would that be considered a Junior,and Senior would be working there maybe years or longer but kind of young looking to be a Senior,around 29 or 30?

As long as you are clearly describing adults, and do not have any mention of any person sixteen or under in depictions of sexual acts, you are okay. If describing high school students it should be made clear that all participants are over sixteen. In business situations, unless the worker is a teenager, there's no need to mention the age. As the previous poster said, ages in companies are dependent on the company. A junior associate in a law firm, for instance, would tend to be older than a junior associate in a fast food store.
[url]http://[/url]
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Oh ok, I thought someone would be a junior in a law firm l was thinking like, maybe either 23 or 24, and Senior would be like I'd say around 30 or 33, Since the one that's 30 that;s thier the longest would be considered the senior. Like the Boss or assistant manager is.