Weird Food Quirks

last reply
20 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I like to shake my soda so to get rid of the gas, cause I like it flat or I'll let it sit if its a can. Also with popcorn I give it an extra 20 seconds cause I like the kernels that are halfway opened and I let Cheetos go stale cause I dunno why, just do
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Okay I'll confess... I eat one thing on my plate at a time and I eat it all before going to the next item. Drives my wife crazy! But I've been doing it for as long as I can remember.
Mana wahine
0 likes
Quote by Master_Jonathan
Okay I'll confess... I eat one thing on my plate at a time and I eat it all before going to the next item. Drives my wife crazy! But I've been doing it for as long as I can remember.

Same here, fam!
Chat Moderator
0 likes
I prefer all beverages room temperature except milk. That includes water and hot tea. Never me ------>
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
under NO circumstances are my foods to touch on my plate. i ab-so-lute-ly HATE that. at any function where others have to serve my food, like a cafeteria style setting, slotted plates are my saving grace.

Say. Her. Name.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I always eat my pie, crust first.

If it's finger food, like bread sticks or carrots, I'll eat everything up to where I was holding it, but I won't eat the part I was holding.

I won't eat the dark parts of fish.

I'm very dubious of casseroles.

I get queasy watching someone eat raw, undercooked meat.
Sultan of Smut
0 likes
I have to yell BANZAI before every bite when eating sushi
Check out my latest - a humorous collaboration with trinket and a Recommended Read
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Peanut butter and chocolate chips cooked grilled like a grilled cheese sandwich. The chips melt in to the peanut butter - oh so tasty!
Princess Popsicle
0 likes
I like fizzy drinks served flat and at room temperature and I really don't like ice or lemon in them.

I drink really strong tea, which compensates for the fact that I have at least an inch of milk in it because I don't want to have to wait for it to cool down.

Brussel sprouts are my favourite veg, which I'm told is odd. But they're just so tasty.

I eat my meals in order of preference. For example, I'll save the tastiest thing until last. This backfires when I get too full to eat the last thing and then I miss out on it.

I also drink a hell of a lot of liquids. At least 3 litres a day, more on a warm day or if I'm doing stuff. It's probably an average of 4 litres a day, but sometimes 5 or 6 if it's very hot.
If you like first time, bisexual or teen then please read this and help make it famous!

My First Time With a Girl
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I put hot sauce on almost everything. It's a combination of being southern and of Spanish heritage I think. Eggs, potatoes, vegetables, even sandwiches. I haven't tried it on ice cream yet.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like dipping plain Lays in yellow mustard, ketchup on my hot dog, and I also enjoy the combo of lettuce, peanut butter and raisins...a variant of that damned "ants on a log" preschool snack, because I hate raw celery.

Also, my dream cheeseburger is ketchup, mustard and pickle...sometimes tomato if I feel especially wild that day. 5 Guys burgers likes to see me coming, haha.
For generations our ancestors fought proudly as warriors against the Jedi. Reclaim our armored past for an unending future.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
I always eat my pie, crust first.

If it's finger food, like bread sticks or carrots, I'll eat everything up to where I was holding it, but I won't eat the part I was holding.

I won't eat the dark parts of fish.

I'm very dubious of casseroles.

So how do you feel about raw oysters?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Other than hollering BANZI with every bite of sushi and the lettuce with the peanut butter and raisins. I know people that do everything mentioned from the first post. I do a little something different with the peanut butter and chocolate chips. I butter and toast the bread on one side in a skillet. Then put peanut butter on each side then put a Hershey Bar on one side and set the other slice of bread over it. The peanut butter gets warm and melts the Hershey Bar after a few minutes while getting a big glass of ice cold milk. It is also good with the white chocolate Hershey Bar. Also with chocolate covered pretzels. The same toasted bread with peanut butter on each side after the toast kools down so the peanut butter won't get soft and runny. Then slice a crisp tangy fugi apple between the two slices of peanut butter covered bread. This I like with a hot cup of strong black Community pure coffee.

Brandie
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well.... If I have mashed potatoes on my plate EVERYTHING else gets mixed in, into some sort of heavenly mashed mixer... I'm certain it's an Irish thing
Lurker
0 likes
When I was younger I would eat my sandwiches one part at a time i.e. top bread, cheese, meat, bottom bread
I'd also would eat the icing off cake and stuff first.
My parents called the behavior "stripping my food, before eating it"
Lurker
0 likes
When I was younger I would eat my sandwiches one part at a time i.e. top bread, cheese, meat, bottom bread
I'd also would eat the icing off cake and stuff first.
My parents called the behavior "stripping my food, before eating it"
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by NOLAHotGal

Lurker
0 likes
I put salt on grapefruit, watermelon and cantaloupe
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by NOLAHotGal

Is there any other way ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

Bethany try this.
This will make you as horny as you can get with a dozen oysters natural as an entree.

Steak Tartare
Ingredients
2 lbs sirloin or filet mignon
1 egg yolk
2 tsp mustard, Dijon mustard recommended
1 tb onions, finely chopped
1 tb capers, drained
A few drops of Tabasco sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tb olive oil
2 tsp parley, minced
Salt and pepper

( I add 1 Tbsp Horseradish Cream.)

Step 1: Trim and grind the meat twice. Chop finely the onions and egg yolk.
Step 2: In a bowl, mix the egg yolk, onions, capers, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper.
Step 3: Add olive oil and beat lightly for a few seconds.
Step 4: Add meat and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Beat lightly for a few seconds.
Step 5: Refrigerate or serve immediately.
Serving: Steak Tartare cannot be preserved more than 2 hours, even in a fridge. Served with toast triangles.
Wine suggestion: Red wine such as Beaujolais, Crozes Hermitage or Cahors

The beating is done with your fingers. or if you are fussy with two forks.