Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Not new to lush but wanna befriend new people? This thread is for you..

last reply
43 replies
5.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I believe there may be quite some of us on here who face this dilemma. We chose our friends carefully, dont add someone just for the sake of increasing the friend count, as on other social networking platforms. Talk to a select, time-trusted friends with whom we share our joys and sorrows. But after a while, we like to befriend new people who share similar tastes and/ or at least appreciate our interests, in general. (Sometimes we are to be blamed for it, some of us are not good at introductions, even shy.) After a while we become aware that it has become kinda difficult to befriend new, decent people. Hence this thread. Let your profile aid people in deciding whether to befriend you. Wish you luck!
The Engineer
0 likes
Quote by lesbiannyc
I believe there may be quite some of us on here who face this dilemma. We chose our friends carefully, dont add someone just for the sake of increasing the friend count, as on other social networking platforms. Talk to a select, time-trusted friends with whom we share our joys and sorrows. But after a while, we like to befriend new people who share similar tastes and/ or at least appreciate our interests, in general. (Sometimes we are to be blamed for it, some of us are not good at introductions, even shy.) After a while we become aware that it has become kinda difficult to befriend new, decent people. Hence this thread. Let your profile aid people in deciding whether to befriend you. Wish you luck!

I must say Ashley this thread is really thoughtful . I totally understand how it feels not be able to befriend new people cause two weeks back I was on the se dilemma. I did post a thread here too...but it didn't pan out. And yeah some people can be really shy( ooh Ashley did jot down all my problems....really thoughtful) .

So I would really encourage everybody to post here and meet new people. Cause Lush might be a sex story site...but nonetheless its a networking one too...and we are all here to meet and interact with new people. Hope to meet some new people soon.
Find Simar on:
1. Skype: Simar Singh
2. Kik: simar2308
Fancy Schmancy
0 likes
The forums threads - funny ones, silly ones, thoughtful ones - are great for meeting people. I think all my friendships started in the forums. They are far less intimidating than chat rooms, and it is a low-stress way of getting to know people.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I tend to stick to people in Forums, because I know we have a common theme... Saying that, I would love new conversations and experience more Lush....
The Linebacker
0 likes
I do not do the chat rooms. I do very much enjoy The Forum though, and have made many friends there. Another great way to make friends on Lush is to read stories. A lot of writers and readers get acquainted through like interests in stories.
0 likes
I read stories and play in the forums. That's where I meet my friends
Lurker
0 likes
Just be polite,,,have manners,,,meeting and having friends will happen.
Sophisticate
0 likes
I agree with Buz, American Beauty, and Fletch64. You can find people with a similar world view by reading their opinions in the forum, particularly the Think Tank. Those who have written stories will reveal themselves to you in a different way. You can always leave a comment on a story and follow up with a PM, or send a PM about a forum post as a way of opening the door. As Fletch says, be polite and respond if someone writes to you. Have a look at their page to have an idea of what they are like, or at least the persona they display here. It is the internet after all.

I have interacted with people here that I would not have met any other way and developed some interesting friendships. Give it time.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by principessa
I agree with Buz, American Beauty, and Fletch64. You can find people with a similar world view by reading their opinions in the forum, particularly the Think Tank. Those who have written stories will reveal themselves to you in a different way. You can always leave a comment on a story and follow up with a PM, or send a PM about a forum post as a way of opening the door. As Fletch says, be polite and respond if someone writes to you. Have a look at their page to have an idea of what they are like, or at least the persona they display here. It is the internet after all.

I have interacted with people here that I would not have met any other way and developed some interesting friendships. Give it time.

Well said.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Some of us are very open and welcoming. That is our personality. Others are shy, perhaps coy. Not wishing to be too outgoing. I would recommend reading the profiles of people that strike your fancy. You can learn a lot about them that way. And often, if you consistently read and comment on the works of authors, they will be quite open to engaging you as a friend. But, in the final analysis, you must be rather courageous and just go for it. See an interesting avatar, or a compelling story, or an engaging forum post that speaks to you and send out that friend request.
Chuckanator
0 likes
I believe this is basically a erotic story site. A really great community of people with various interests. I find the best way to expand your friend list is to read or write stories. There is almost a genre for everyone. I agree with Buz. The forum is a great way to get to know people.
Lurker
0 likes
Good read...Good day to learn..Thanks yall
Empress of the Moon
0 likes
You've been here quite a while for someone with so few friends. Did you drop friends from your list, or are those twelve friends showing the only ones you have made. Have you refused a lot of friend requests? Do you check your friend's requests in your mail? Did you just start an account, post a couple of poems and wander off until now? You'd make more friends by befriending people. Most people in the chat rooms aren't there to make friends. I've spent a lot of time in the chat rooms over the years I've been here, and made only a handful of friends there. Now that there are mostly pictures in the chat room, the actual chat has become hard to find. I'll be trying to read a conversation, and suddenly a huge cock or enormous ass will appear and move the conversation away. Send out a dozen or so requests and see how many friends you get. If you like someone, don't wait for them to request your friendship, request theirs.
[url]http://[/url]
Lurker
0 likes
I am a little shy, quite introverted, and socially inept. I will be watching this thread closely.
Lurker
0 likes
I am new to the forums, tried the chat rooms for the first few day with some good and some bad experiences, but only take the good ones, one good is always the best. I think i like the idea of meeting people through the forums, no pressure here, can read each others profiles and see if you have things in common first. I can be a little shy at first, mainly not sure what to say as people are here for different things. For me personally i want to meet new people, chat get to know them, have a giggle and silliness and find a few great friends a long the long smile i am a very open and honest simple girl, what you see is what you get with me :)
0 likes
This site is good for making friends....
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Chat rooms can be a great place to meet people, but first impressions tend not to be reality over time. Maybe the forums are the place to find some honesty....
Site administrator
0 likes
For tea with one sugar and milk, or better still a rare rump steak with chips (fries) and breaded onion rings and a peppercorn sauce, I will friend anyone smile.
Lurker
0 likes
Conversations about writing styles.
0 likes
Quote by lesbiannyc

I LOVE this thread, and have often thought 'out of the over 300,000 people here, only a select few are on the forums (Simar! We miss you!!) I'd absolutely love to meet more people, come one, come all so to speak.

This is what the Holidays are all about. Love. A universal, don't have to be Christian kind of thing. Thanks for posting! Please check your in box, because I'd love to add you as a friend if you'll accept me ;-)

Quote by Silvermist
I am new to the forums, tried the chat rooms for the first few day with some good and some bad experiences, but only take the good ones, one good is always the best. I think i like the idea of meeting people through the forums, no pressure here, can read each others profiles and see if you have things in common first. I can be a little shy at first, mainly not sure what to say as people are here for different things. For me personally i want to meet new people, chat get to know them, have a giggle and silliness and find a few great friends a long the long smile i am a very open and honest simple girl, what you see is what you get with me :)

You just joined on the 10th? Welcome! You've come to the right place for friends. Beware bullies, some people find it simply entertaining to belittle others, but ignore them. For the most part, you can find some great conversation and fun games.

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
For tea with one sugar and milk, or better still a rare rump steak with chips (fries) and breaded onion rings and a peppercorn sauce, I will friend anyone smile.

Okay, I'd love to offer you some yankee pot roast heart I hope that will do the trick. I do love a good steak, however. I drink coffee with vanilla creamer., but I can brew a mean cup of earl grey....

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Most of my friends on Lush have found me either here in the forums or through my stories, but I'm often surprised by how many have told me that they were afraid to ask me to be friends because they thought I might turn them down. So this could be a good thread for me to welcome anyone who's ever wanted to friend me, but were hesitant to ask. I usually don't have a lot of time to search through profiles, hunting for new friends, so I rely on friends to find me, but I accept friend requests from anyone who reads, writes, comments, or plays in the forums. The only requests I ever ignore are from overly-horny guys who come on too strong and are obviously only looking for online sex with random girls. All other requests are most welcome. Don't be shy!

Also, remarkably few mods ever ask me for friend requests, which has often puzzled me, but consequently, I have very few mod friends. Why is that?? C'mon, folks! I'm not that scary! ;-)
Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
Can I be your friend lol
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Είμαι ταξιδιώτης τόσο στο χρόνο όσο και στο διάστημα
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
Most of my friends on Lush have found me either here in the forums or through my stories, but I'm often surprised by how many have told me that they were afraid to ask me to be friends because they thought I might turn them down. So this could be a good thread for me to welcome anyone who's ever wanted to friend me, but were hesitant to ask. I usually don't have a lot of time to search through profiles, hunting for new friends, so I rely on friends to find me, but I accept friend requests from anyone who reads, writes, comments, or plays in the forums. The only requests I ever ignore are from overly-horny guys who come on too strong and are obviously only looking for online sex with random girls. All other requests are most welcome. Don't be shy!

Also, remarkably few mods ever ask me for friend requests, which has often puzzled me, but consequently, I have very few mod friends. Why is that?? C'mon, folks! I'm not that scary! ;-)

I don't allow my mods to have friends..

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by Melissa999
Can I be your friend lol

For those of you who don't know, Melissa and I have been online friends, lovers, sisters, and collaborators for a remarkable 10 years this week! We first met on MySpace a couple days after Christmas, 2006, and have since been on Google+, Sapphic Tales, Wiccaneopagan.com, and now Lush together. How many online friendships last 10 years??

Love ya, sweetie, through all our thicks and thins, ups and downs!!

Your Sapphic Sister,
Bethany
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

Hey, I'm your friend. Wanna mud wrassle?
Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

For those of you who don't know, Melissa and I have been online friends, lovers, sisters, and collaborators for a remarkable 10 years this week! We first met on MySpace a couple days after Christmas, 2006, and have since been on Google+, Sapphic Tales, Wiccaneopagan.com, and now Lush together. How many online friendships last 10 years??

Love ya, sweetie, through all our thicks and thins, ups and downs!!

Your Sapphic Sister,
Bethany

Remarkable yes. In fact I think they should mint us a medal. Love you, Sweetie, always eternally. Sister of the Blood.

Princess Popsicle
0 likes
This is so true! I've been here for five years and nine months and I have five friends. I've had more in the past and then they leave the site, or you accept a friend request and when you talk you simply don't get on, or after a while it becomes apparent all they want to do is cyber. In these cases I delete them when it's clear we won't actually have proper conversations in the future. So now I get people saying to me 'you've been here five years and only have five friends?!' as though there is something wrong with me.

I also look at people who have been here around the same amount of time as I have and see they have endless pages of friends (or so it seems) and that makes me think 'you only have five friends, what's wrong with you?!'

I'm guess I'm naturally a little 'ruthless' although I see it as just being tidy. If I won't ever talk to someone then we aren't friends, so why have them on my friends list? A lot of this loops back into my anxiety. Orderly and simple helps.

Anyway, I've rambled on sufficiently to make you all think I'm nuts so... if anyone wants to be friends with a slightly eccentric, occasionally callous but otherwise delightful lady, then feel free biggrin
If you like first time, bisexual or teen then please read this and help make it famous!

My First Time With a Girl
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by sprite

I don't allow my mods to have friends..

Please don't tell Sprite I'm looking for new friends.
? A True Story ?