Login

Medicines Squashing Creativity

last reply
0 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
I'm on quite a few medicines at the moment, for quite a few things. I used to write, draw, sew and make things all the time. Those activities have aided me in getting better from depression in the past, but the drugs I have been taking seem to have squashed any creative light in me. It's more than just the illness; it really is the drugs.

I'm currently attending an art course one day a week, and it's a battle to even get there, even with a support system, let alone actually concentrating enough to understand the tutor.

I feel like all my creativity fell out. I have no words for writing, no strength for painting, and no energy for picking up scissors. I know that the activities I loved to do once are good for me now, and could help me heal. These meds have switched off everything I once used to fall back on for something positive.

Is anybody else dealing with this issue, and has anything helped you cope with it? I don't mind PMs if you prefer.

Thank you for your time.

heart

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************