last reply
9 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
a crowd-source question.

Anyone ever meet someone on craigslist for sex? Am considering writing a story about two lonely people who connect that way.

I imagine the technical mechanics of meeting someone on Craiglist are similar to those of buying a used couch there. You respond to the link on the post, and eventually you have a real email (or any other contact info willing to be shared).

I'm looking for more of the details I'd need for verisimilitude. How much chaff is there with the grain?

How many bogus or unappealing replies will there be before a real possibility shows up?
How many dozens of dick picks might a woman get before she finds someone who doesn't seem crazy? does this take hours or days?
How long might it take a guy to find a woman who isn't "automated" or a pro?
Are many of the responders likely to be married people looking to stray?
Are there other obvious things I haven't considered?

I realize geography will affect these answers considerably. Posts made in NYC will certainly generate far more responses than those in less densely populated areas, and those making and responding to posts in NYC may be able to assume greater anonymity through sheer numbers.

I'd be very grateful for any guidance anyone can give. (If you feel more comfortable PMing me with your thoughts, that's of course fine as well)
thanks in advance!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hi! I have posted and responded to cl ads for women. I have had one successful connection and am currently emailing with someone I hope to meet with...if
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Kat2424
Hi! I have posted and responded to cl ads for women. I have had one successful connection and am currently emailing with someone I hope to meet with...if

Can you give me some sense of the mechanics? How many responses you get? the nature of them, what kind of precautions you took, how many you might have gotten before you found someone interesting, and so forth? thank you!
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
I can't help you because I've never done it, but it is a GREAT story idea.

I saw in the NYC Craigslist a woman saying she would be in a car, at night in a fairly crowded place, waiting, and wanted the guy to get in, fuck her, and leave. No words. I did not reply, but built some pretty elaborate fantasies around it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I posted last summer for someone to peg me. I was very fortunate to get a reply from a lady of color who was much younger than me and also curious about pegging. We made arrangements to meet after a few further messages and then I drove to her place. She was not a Domme, but we both enjoyed each other's company as we explored a new experience to us both.
I would be happy to give more details if you ask.

I have tried numerous times to reach women for straight sex, or for a Daddy/Little arrangement. Unfortunately, all those replies have either been spam, scam, or other forms of lies.

But I still post from time to time hoping for another wonderful connection.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Gregminor1977
I posted last summer for someone to peg me. I was very fortunate to get a reply from a lady of color who was much younger than me and also curious about pegging. We made arrangements to meet after a few further messages and then I drove to her place. She was not a Domme, but we both enjoyed each other's company as we explored a new experience to us both.
I would be happy to give more details if you ask.

I have tried numerous times to reach women for straight sex, or for a Daddy/Little arrangement. Unfortunately, all those replies have either been spam, scam, or other forms of lies.

But I still post from time to time hoping for another wonderful connection.

This is helpful. Thank you. Can you give me a sense of the way that opening up to each other unfolded? how long it took before you were comfortable sharing names, pictures, and so forth. I imagine there must have been a period of feeling each other out. There's a lot of trust involved, it would seem to me, in inviting an otherwise unknown person to your own home, especially for a woman.

Any details of how you got to that point would be helpful. If you'd rather PM me this sort of stuff, that's of course ok.

Were there any emails from "women" that deceived you for a while, or were all the spammers and scammers and stuff all obvious?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm sure you've moved forward with this already, but to offer my experience, I have tried cl back in the days before OKC was popular. I have to say, there was a tremendous amount of chaff with the wheat. Not only are there people who want sex and are not the type you would be interested in, but there are droves of scammers. For some reason Nigerian Princes are lurking in the social area of craigslist en masse.
Enjoy!
...that wasn't a request.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by BRHolt
I'm sure you've moved forward with this already, but to offer my experience, I have tried cl back in the days before OKC was popular. I have to say, there was a tremendous amount of chaff with the wheat. Not only are there people who want sex and are not the type you would be interested in, but there are droves of scammers. For some reason Nigerian Princes are lurking in the social area of craigslist en masse.

Thanks. I'm pecking away at the story. Very slowly. So far I just have one of the characters getting a lot of spam. I think maybe that's all I need for verisimilitude. Thanks!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by oceanrunner1974
a crowd-source question.

Anyone ever meet someone on craigslist for sex? Am considering writing a story about two lonely people who connect that way.

I imagine the technical mechanics of meeting someone on Craiglist are similar to those of buying a used couch there. You respond to the link on the post, and eventually you have a real email (or any other contact info willing to be shared).

I'm looking for more of the details I'd need for verisimilitude. How much chaff is there with the grain?

How many bogus or unappealing replies will there be before a real possibility shows up?
How many dozens of dick picks might a woman get before she finds someone who doesn't seem crazy? does this take hours or days?
How long might it take a guy to find a woman who isn't "automated" or a pro?
Are many of the responders likely to be married people looking to stray?
Are there other obvious things I haven't considered?

I realize geography will affect these answers considerably. Posts made in NYC will certainly generate far more responses than those in less densely populated areas, and those making and responding to posts in NYC may be able to assume greater anonymity through sheer numbers.

I'd be very grateful for any guidance anyone can give. (If you feel more comfortable PMing me with your thoughts, that's of course fine as well)
thanks in advance!
...about 10 or 15 years ago I had fairly good luck...then it changed...fake ads & such...
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
While I've never used Craigslist for sex, I did use it once to try to find a teaching job. I answered two different adds, one turned out to be a bogus insurance company trying to recruit minions to go "door-to-door" and sell shit (I stormed out in a rage as I felt lied to) and the other was for a charter school that I suspect wasn't credited. There are more... "legitimate" sites that post jobs for teachers. The charter school didn't pan out and I realized that if Craigslist didn't work for a job, I could only imagine how poor the personal adds could be.

I hope your story works out. It sounds like a good premise.