Co-Authoring Stories Question

last reply
11 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I'm interested in writing a story and collaborating with a woman so that there is the perspective of both sexes. I'd like the story to be authentic and pulling off writing the perspective of the opposite sex doesn't always work well.

It might also be tricky with concerns about copyright issues although I myself don't really plan on publishing, the woman may.

Also, which Forum would be the best to post for a request for a co-author?

Thanks in advance!
Kevin
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by KevinS
I'm interested in writing a story and collaborating with a woman so that there is the perspective of both sexes. I'd like the story to be authentic and pulling off writing the perspective of the opposite sex doesn't always work well.

It might also be tricky with concerns about copyright issues although I myself don't really plan on publishing, the woman may.

Also, which Forum would be the best to post for a request for a co-author?

Thanks in advance!
Kevin

hey kevin. i would maybe put it in the ask the author section. so long as you're clear about what you want from someone and everything up-front, it hopefully shouldn't be a problem.

cheers, jen xx
Head Nurse
0 likes
Ive co written a few stories as well (with Milik, Poppet, and Delphi) Each one has been a different but rewarding experience.
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
From what I understand, there are a lot of different ways to approach story collaboration. I co-wrote a story with Tooshy678 a few months ago. Overall, I'd say it was a good experience. We each were able to identify the strengths we brought to the project: I handled the story line, and she wrote most of the actual sex-scenes, which she's better at than I am. We divided the writing responsibilities clearly, and stayed open to feedback and edits from each other. I liked the way the final product turned out.

[Shameless self-promotion]

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Thanks Echelon, I should have posted in that section in the first place! I'll give that a try.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Actually, thanks to ALL of the responses thus far!! Still finding my way around here and what works and what doesn't worrk. I'm glad to see there are many helpful people here on LS!
Head Penguin
0 likes
Quote by Buz
I have co-written two stories with the fabulous DanielleX. I wrote the male POV and she the female POV. Here are the links...

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/focused-on-sex-1.aspx

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/office-sex/in-a-tight-spot.aspx

Also, Milik_the_Red has co-written several stories with female authors. You might pick his brain.

Hope this helps.

I agree with Buz, writing a collaboration with someone of the opposite sex is great fun. I'm sure you'll find someone in 'Ask the Author.' Good luck!

D x

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

Sophisticate
0 likes
I have co-written several stories. What worked in both situations was to share the stories in google docs and work on it in tandem. Most of the time this was done in the order of the story, but occasionally one of us would be inspired and write a section that would fit in later. I think it is important for you to be working on the same document to maintain the flow and continuity of the story and see if there are jarring changes. I should mention that we did not necessarily write for our own genders in the stories, carrying on with the story as it unfolded. You will have to see what works for you and who should post the story as it will appear on their profile page with the co-author credited on the story page.

I hope that helps.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Principessa,
The google docs sounds like a great way to collaborate, I'll have to familiarize myself with it, thanks for the tips! I'm new here and still feeling my way around so all the help that's been given is really appreciated. Seems like there are some really good people here on LS and I hope to get to know you all better as time goes by!

My ex-wife and I collaborated on a story once and we learned a lot about each other that we might not have learned otherwise, as well as how our specific genders perceive particular situations, emotional as well as physical. Not to mention that it was fun!

Kevin
Lurker
0 likes
I would like to coll
Lurker
0 likes
Looking for someone with similar style to collaborate on a story