Login

The Los Angeles Rams are back!

last reply
6 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
The Linebacker
0 likes
Los Angeles, the second biggest metro in the USA has not had a professional football team in 21 years. The Rams up and moved to St. Louis, a much smaller market, 21 years ago. Now the NFL owners have voted 30-2 to let the Rams return to Los Angeles.

So why did the Rams leave in the first place?

Also, the San Diego Chargers look to have an option to also move to Los Angeles and, if they don't, that option passes to the Oakland Raiders, who once moved to LA for just a few years then moved back to Oakland.

Does anyone here plan to be a fan of the new version of the Los Angeles Rams?

So here are renderings of what the new stadium will should like. And below, the star running back of the Rams, Todd Gurley.

Lurker
0 likes
The Lambs sucked when they played in LA. They suck now in St. Louis too but, atleast they won a super bowl there.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
I was a fan in LA and in st louis until they chased Kurt Warner out. While they did have hard times toward the end, they dominated their division for years before and once sported the only offensive line ever inducted into the hall of fame as a unit, The Fearsome Foursome.

I was at Superbowl XIV when they played the mighty Steelers on one of the best Superbowls of all time. They were actually winning at half time before a couple of incredible catches by John Stallworth put the black and gold on top

Ive lost intereat in the professional game after 20 years without a local team, but I may start watching again in 2016.
Lurker
0 likes
The Chargers are reported to be heading to LA too.

But, The Raiders to San Diego??
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Rams left LA because the owner wanted a new stadium. I believe the owners were initially opposed but then the Rams owner threatened to sue the league. Then all but 5 or 6 voted against. So the Rams moved to St Louis

Good for St Louis though. NFL should be paying for stadiums out of their own pocket, not tax payers money. The NFL is so greedy and corrupt. It makes me sick.

Kudos to Milik_the_Red for not watching the NFL. Don't start now!
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by mr_canuck
The Rams left LA because the owner wanted a new stadium. I believe the owners were initially opposed but then the Rams owner threatened to sue the league. Then all but 5 or 6 voted against. So the Rams moved to St Louis

Good for St Louis though. NFL should be paying for stadiums out of their own pocket, not tax payers money. The NFL is so greedy and corrupt. It makes me sick.

Kudos to Milik_the_Red for not watching the NFL. Don't start now!

The stadium they were in, a modified version of angels stadium before it was completely renovated, was a terrible venue for football. Additionally, blunders by the owner disenfranchised many of the fans just at a time when the Raiders were at their best. Local media fanned the flames against the team until the air was poisoned against them. The move to the Midwest was inevitable when fans started showing up with banners telling the owner to sell the team.

Now that they will be back in LA, with a new state of the art stadium and a fresh welcome from old fans and new, I expect the team to do very well. They just have to do what any team here needs to do. Make a real effort to win.

If they Try to Win, they will be loved. If the owner gets cheap and doesn't make an honest effort, they will be ignored. LA doesn't respect teams that accept losing. That was Georgia's mistake.
Lurker
0 likes
Sorry but you guys can have them back.
Them not being here will save the city money.
The owners were never happy unless the city would give them everything they wanted, and they never gave anything back.