Who are your muses for characters?

last reply
15 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was watching "Style" by Taylor Swift and the guy is gorgeous. It got me thinking who are your muses or sources when describing your characters?
Lurker
0 likes
I always write about people I know. The only thing I make up is some of the things they do.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For me in my stories, the secondary characters are either based on some ideal or on people I know or used to know. I change a lot of the details, but try to stay true to who they were, while making new characters.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Always girls I know, almost always utterly aloof and unattainable in reality, increasingly completely taboo and off limits to me. I live out my fantasies in my own mind and commit them to paper. I have never written a single female character that is not based heavily on a real person I am lusting over at the time. It's my way of working it out, I think.
My first Lush Story Aoife A Recommended Read
English Gentleman
0 likes
i take muse from movie star, friends and people ive met.
English Gentleman
0 likes
i take muse from movie star, friends and people ive met.
0 likes
I have one story here where I based the main character on a younger version of me. I have a Young Adult novel-length piece where I based a character on my brother, who died.

Aside from that, every character is pure fiction. I might use a picture of someone to help me get the physical description right. I have no mind's eye at all, so pictures are a crutch. But, that's where the similarities end.

So, no muse for characters. I tend to get more inspiration for plot-lines.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
People I know. The characters aren't them exactly, but close in key ways. A lot of my characters comes from the dialogue - I tend to have to listen to them talk before I know much else about them.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I have no muses.....

My characters come from my imagination. I dream my stories up and then I write them.

I have a warped imagination apparently.....

giggles,
Mysteria
xo
Lurker
0 likes
My imagination. lol
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
I tend to not stray far from home, with a few exceptions.
? A True Story ?
0 likes
I use pictures to help, not for character development, but for physical descriptions. It ensures continuity if nothing else. I find pictures essential for creating settings too. It's all the little things in a photograph that your memory doesn't always recall. As for characters, a lot are based, roughly, on aspects of me. Others sort of write themselves.
0 likes
Quote by Saucymh
I use pictures to help, not for character development, but for physical descriptions. It ensures continuity if nothing else. I find pictures essential for creating settings too. It's all the little things in a photograph that your memory doesn't always recall. As for characters, a lot are based, roughly, on aspects of me, others sort of write themselves.

Pictures are an absolute must for me, too. If Google collects my search history.... .
0 likes
Quote by Burquette

If Google collects my search history.... .

Eek! Yes...
English Rose
0 likes
I'm the main character in all my stories (so I find that quite easy to write) but the characters I meet and interact with, my muses if you like, are mostly friends I've made here who have inspired an idea or two in me. When I write, I tend to weave those ideas into my own interests (mostly travel and food) and fantasies
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/fetish/worship-my-bum.aspx
My new story has been awarded the Recommended Read. If you adore a needy bottom and fancy a short, but very naughty read...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by puddleduck
I always write about people I know. The only thing I make up is some of the things they do.

ditto. most people love it when you use their description & characteristics.