Favorite Author by Category

last reply
7 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There is a thread for favorite authors on Lush. I'm wondering what author do you think writes the best in each category on Lush.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Interesting idea!

Here's a list of all of the story categories on Lush to help you out:

Anal
BDSM
Bisexual
Cheating
College Sex
Crossdressing
Cuckold
Erotic Poems
Exhibitionism
Fantasy & Sci-Fi
Fetish
First Time
Flash Erotica
Gay Male
Group Sex
Hardcore
Historical
Humor
Interracial
Lesbian
Love Poems
Love Stories
MILF Stories
Masturbation
Mature
Novels
Office Sex
Oral Sex
Quickie Sex
Reluctance
Seduction
Spanking
Straight Sex
Supernatural
Taboo
Toys
Trans
Voyeur
Wife Lovers
Lurker
0 likes
When I came here FIRST, I USED to read BY CATEGORY/GENRE...

(Taboo/Reluctance/Wife Lovers were all good...)

AS I read MORE, I discovered most of the writers I began to WATCH wrote in many other genres...

These days, I FOLLOW certain writers and invariably read WHAT they write despite (or because of!!!) the category...

As the site has GROWN, with SO MUCH GOOD WRITING posted on a daily basis, I find it almost IMPOSSIBLE to keep up.

(I'm frequently advised by my friend's list as to what people are doing... I don't check out every one, but I DO look at a lot of work I'm turned onto in that way... I NEVER mind getting 'SPAM MAILS', but again, I WON'T check every single one...)

I find the COMPETITONS are a great help in CONNECTING me with Newer Writers. In fact, I've made GREAT NEW FRIENDS by exploring Comp Submissions, commenting upon those when I can and receiving replies... I LOVE when NEW WRITERS try their hand in COMP... It's a BRAVE thing to do and we often see it PAYS DIVIDEND!!!

I've NEVER analysed exactly which genres I favour as a writer, but I DO APPRECIATE there are genres I don't often write within...

My FAVOURITE experience upon LS AS A READER still comes from the perusal of the FRONT PAGE when SOMETHING HITS!!! (A TITLE, a HEADER IMAGE, A FIRST LINE...) and in the CLICK of exploring that you discover a New Voice... (And THEN offer a comment and a vote...)

xx SF
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
Yeah, I wonder how many authors are 'genre' writers. I'm not. There are certain categories I don't have anything to do with (such as sci-fi, or historical), but I don't really confine myself to a specific category, either. A lot of my stories span several potential categories, and where they end up is sometimes a very arbitrary decision.

As a reader, again I don't confine myself to any particular category, but read whatever seems like it might be interesting/well-written/hot. So, I'm not a good person to judge who's great in which genre.

But maybe others on this site are.

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Madam Carol
0 likes
Quote by Liz
Interesting idea!

Here's a list of all of the story categories on Lush to help you out:

Anal
BDSM
Bisexual
Cheating
College Sex
Crossdressing
Cuckold
Erotic Poems
Exhibitionism
Fantasy & Sci-Fi
Fetish
First Time
Flash Erotica
Gay Male
Group Sex
Hardcore
Historical
Humor
Interracial
Lesbian
Love Poems
Love Stories
MILF Stories
Masturbation
Mature
Novels
Office Sex
Oral Sex
Quickie Sex
Reluctance
Seduction
Spanking
Straight Sex
Supernatural
Taboo
Toys
Trans
Voyeur
Wife Lovers

Hmmm, I have not read but a fraction of these categories and not sure I will ever read some of them to be honest. I follow certain authors and read their stories irrespective of genre. There are some that stand out like AvrgBlkGrl in prose, but I think most great authors are not limited in their subject matter.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HotWife4U
I think most great authors are not limited in their subject matter.

That is very interesting that so many people say that. There are a lot of great authors that are known more for one genre over other genres. In fact people begin to associate an author with one genre that they have to use a pen name if they ever write outside of their specialty.

I think the best authors are the ones that master a certain subject instead of trying to be a jack of all trades.
Madam Carol
0 likes
Quote by daisyphoenix

That is very interesting that so many people say that. There are a lot of great authors that are known more for one genre over other genres. In fact people begin to associate an author with one genre that they have to use a pen name if they ever write outside of their specialty.

I think the best authors are the ones that master a certain subject instead of trying to be a jack of all trades.

Maybe so. I'm kinda new here. What I've observed are authors like AvrgBlkGrl that write exquisite poetry and fabulous stories. The same with Dancing Doll, Chuckepoo, Sprite, Poppet, Buz, Milik, Liz, and a dozen others. As a new author I find it a challenge to expand my reach and try different things. I started out writing Autobiographical but after my story was told I expanded into fiction with my Christmas offering 'Twas The Night Before Christmas.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by daisyphoenix
There is a thread for favorite authors on Lush. I'm wondering what author do you think writes the best in each category on Lush.
Sorry can,t give an answer till I,ve read all of them. Next week?