anyone else sick of it?

last reply
17 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Is anyone else sick of people saying the words "literally" and "basically" in literally every other sentence?

Basically, I am.
Lurker
0 likes
Another over used and misused word is "incredible" when they mean "extremely"
Lurker
0 likes
Basically I just stumbled on this thread and I literally don't believe it ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Basically, like ya know, yeah. Literally a totally awesome thread.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This thread is a complete disaster.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Literally a complete disaster, with basically no purpose to it at all. An incredible waste of time in it's entirety! Not even able to fathom an understanding of any possible purpose to any function the thread may serve, not even at some modicum of credulousness!

**shakes head in extreme bafflement**
My universe may not necessarily agree with your's, but you have every right that you live happily in both.
Respect mine and I will respect yours. I fought and risked death for the right to be whom I am, even if I am clueless as to whom that may be.
I do not like the dark spots in My brain, but the spider webs are even worse.
Combat Veteran covers a vast arena, third degree burns from friendly fire with a disgruntled shipmate, stab wound from someone who felt is was permissible to hit a Lady with a twelve pack of alcohol; hit by a pickup truck by an individual on heroin. Was very quick to disabuse them of those ideas. Its all about control, only need physical contact in approximately 7 points of the body to enact terminal velocity upon those vermin.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I'm guilty of using both of these more than I'd like.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't and haven't used either one of those overused words and I also have a pet oeeve about the overuse of the work AWESOME that has nearly taken away from its true meaning these days - if you get me drift.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
After saying something and the person always says (you know)
If you think you can, you will. If you doubt, you may never try.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
One of my employees says "needless to say..." in every other sentence, and I need him to stop saying it all the time!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Poppet
I'm guilty of using both of these more than I'd like.

I'm sorry for the discomfort this may have caused you.
Lurker
0 likes
I hate the words "To be fair" I was chatting to someone the other day and every sentence had those words in it.
I really wanted to bitch slap him over the phone!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yeah, I notice that people misuse the word "literally" when they want to add emphasis or strength to what they are saying.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Daughter: I was literally just sitting there in class when...
Me: As opposed to all the other times when you figuratively sat in class?
Wife: (laughs)
Daughter: Dammit dad...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It doesn't bother me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm not being 'funny',

but ...

[ insert that which is 'funny' ]
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}