Best way to start up a conversation?

last reply
21 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Ok I know that this topic sounds like a very horny desperate teen tryin to get laid, but we live in internet age of dating apps and facebook.
And lately I've been trying some of those apps just for fun not looking to get laid or meet someone there, but one thing has been bothering me.
In real life I have no problems walking up to a girl and starting conversation by saying some random shit, because it is easier in real life much more opportunities to start a conversation.
But how do you start a conversation online?
Just saying "Hi" is a really bad conversation starter, adding a compliment such as "Hi Beautiful" makes it creepy lol

I find it hard to sound confident without being creepy or lame when starting a chat onfuckingline.
So how do you do it?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Look at their pictures and comment on them. Not just compliments but ask questions and make observations. If you respond to what they've written then they think "good job reading what I just said, doofus." It's the equivalent of repeating back to someone exactly what they just said. "I like Jameson." "Oh, so you like Jameson I see." Comment on a photo. Trust me. And the more Sherlock-like you can be with your deductions, the more impressive it is.
Enjoy!
...that wasn't a request.
Lurker
0 likes
Let them know YOU'RE INTERESTED in them... (HERE, that is EASY... You can comment upon their work...) Otherwise, ASK QUESTIONS... Be INTERESTING AND INTERESTED... Share... CONVERSE...

xx SF
Site administrator
0 likes
I have always thought of Lush the same as any social situation in real life. I dont feel in this respect that the approach would be any different just because this is online and not real.

One very positive aspect here is that you buy someone a drink or a bag of crisps and it actually doesnt cost you anything!!
Lurker
0 likes
I would add that the forums are a great place to talk to people (especially the word forums), that then makes it a piece of pie to email someone (or get emailed by someone) following something that was said in the forums

It's pretty easy, actually
Lady GlitterGiggles
0 likes
I usually say hi. Then go on to why I'd messaged them in the first place. Example....I am an "ishy" person. The man above me in this thread is Angryish. So. Obviously we should be friends-ish (that's what I'd tell him) lol. Be yourself. Have fun.
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by TheAngryishLover
I would add that the forums are a great place to talk to people (especially the word forums), that then makes it a piece of pie to email someone (or get emailed by someone) following something that was said in the forums

I Concur

It really is and yeah the forums are great to meet people...just look at us

Did I not pretty much tell you you were and Arsehole who made me ashamed to be British the first time I posted with you?

I thought you were a Dick lol

Now look at us...I think you are awsome and you adore me above all others because I am adorable

For sure the forums are the best place to meet people
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by kiera

I Concur

It really is and yeah the forums are great to meet people...just look at us

Did I not pretty much tell you you were and Arsehole who made me ashamed to be British the first time I posted with you?

I thought you were a Dick lol

Now look at us...I think you are awsome and you adore me above all others because I am adorable

For sure the forums are the best place to meet people

I'm not sure what part of that bolded statement I disagree with most?...
Short Arse Brit
0 likes

It Is true Kiera is amazing, adorable and beyond AWSOME..infact...she is so amazing she puts the A In awsome...I am so glad she got passed my arsholishness and honoured me by being my friend..I feel most privileged ...

Awww babes you are too kind
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by kiera

Awww babes you are too kind

And he doesn't know that you make the best pizza.

Lurker
0 likes
Usually I ask their thoughts on peanut brittle....
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Mysteria27

And he doesn't know that you make the best pizza.

Or that she (Kiera) likes soccer and has amazing voice
Fancy Schmancy
0 likes

This is a great idea - and I was particularly charmed when I received a private message here from someone saying I had been noticed in the forums, and that he would like to get to know me better - his idea was to tell me three things about himself, and he asked me to write back telling him three things about me.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by LaylaJune

This is a great idea - and I was particularly charmed when I received a private message here from someone saying I had been noticed in the forums, and that he would like to get to know me better - his idea was to tell me three things about himself, and he asked me to write back telling him three things about me.

Yeah, I don't do chat rooms, and so most people I've met here have been through the Forums. They say something interesting, maybe we have an exchange via the quotes thingie, I look at their profile, and if they seem cool I may follow up with an email or a BB. It is a nice, relaxed, low-pressure way to get to know someone.

Except for that asshole with the three questions. He sounds like trouble.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
"Yo bitch, bring that ass over here."

Works 95% of the time.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
"Yo bitch, bring that ass over here."

Works 95% of the time.

other 5% it gets your ass kicked. want to try it out on me?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by sprite

other 5% it gets your ass kicked. want to try it out on me?

Yo bitch, bring that sweet blonde ass over here.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Yo bitch, bring that sweet blonde ass over here.

So much for me saying, she'd never have to worry about that happening
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by AngelHeart01

So much for me saying, she'd never have to worry about that happening

You weren't going to say that, chicken.
Site administrator
0 likes
Hello. Please have my seat. You look like you need a rest.