Started to exercise but gained weight.

last reply
32 replies
4.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
These past two weeks I have started to exercise as I am just over 200 pounds. I weighed myself today and I see I have gained two more pounds! My clothes are starting to feel tight and I have even changed my diet and nothing is happening.

I feel like I want to give up.

Any idea guys?
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by Sirene_Jaune
These past two weeks I have started to exercise as I am just over 200 pounds. I weighed myself today and I see I have gained two more pounds! My clothes are starting to feel tight and I have even changed my diet and nothing is happening.

Any idea guys?

Is a 2 pounds difference not just within regular daily fluctuations (consuming and excrementing stuff)?
As for not losing weight: you probably traded some fat for muscle. And the plus side of that is that muscle burns more calories.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks Bi male.

I mean my clothes feel tight as in the waist of my pants is getting smaller. I don't understand I exercise for an hour a day sad I changed my diet to be more healthy and nothing is happening.
Lurker
0 likes
Most likely it is muscle, don't be alarmed about it. I did before and at the time, I did not know it was muscle and I stopped going to the gym (I was young and was becoming discouraged.)

Continue with the dieting and the exercise. I did it last year (1/4/14-1/4/15) and lost 72 lbs. and a lost a bit more since then.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The confusing answer is that you've gained weight because you started working out. Yes, that's right, you gained weight because you started working out. You're building muscle and muscle weighs more than, do I dare say it, fluff(fat). But here's the good part. Muscle burns more calories than fluff does. The more muscle you put on the more calories you burn and you will start to burn fluff faster.

The measure of working out should not be your weight. It's the measure that people have used for years and years but it's actually pretty inaccurate. A person that is completely fit with a body fat percent of say 6% will weigh more than a like sized person that has a body fat percent of 30%.

What you should be measuring your progress on is how you look, and how you fit in your clothes. How many push-ups and sit-ups you can do. How tired you are after a 30 minute cardio session.

If you've ever seen those infomercials for workouts like P90X or Insanity, one of the things they have you do is take some pictures of yourself, a front and a side. Then do the workout and the diet for 30 days and take the pictures again and again at 60 days and again at 90 days.

When you go back and compare those pictures you will be amazed.

Now here is the hardest part about the workout, the diet. You cannot be eating things like pizza and nachos and wings and work out expecting to "lose weight".

I'm not pushing any workout but I've done them all. I tend to be very ADHD and normally workout twice a day. I've read the material for workouts like P90X and Insanity, I've done both of them numerous times. The books and manuals that come with those programs do a very good job of explaining why diet is so important. I'm sure you can find them online.

And lastly, two weeks really isn't that long of an amount of time. You're going to need a little longer of a sample time to judge progress. You will start to see progress first in your arms, mainly the biceps and triceps. The thing that sucks about losing fat is it doesn't come off in only one location it comes off very slowly from your entire body.

If you do try either of the programs that I mentioned just start slow. You don't need to go crazy and try to use heavy weights. You don't need to do every exercise the first time or even the second or third. But over time you will build up and then be able to do it. Starting slow also helps avoid injuries. I've don't them so many times that I can't listen to the speakers anymore. I put on music and just know what's coming next. I also mix the two workouts together. There are sessions I like from each and sessions I don't so I mix and match to make the workout that I like.

I've also done CrossFit but tend to shy away from it after about 6 months. It was a little too hard on my joints. It has amazing results and some people love it but I found my shoulders were really sore.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a message,
Michelle
Brown Sugar
0 likes
Quote by Sirene_Jaune

Any idea guys?

Keep going. Michk111 is correct. Two weeks isn't a sufficient amount of time to see results. When I'm trying to drop weight, I find it best to look back at the 30 day mark and ask myself the following questions:

1. Was I eating properly a month ago? or Have I eaten properly, on a consistent basis, for the past month?

2. Was I exercising a month ago? or Have I exercised consistently for the past month?

3. Was I drinking plenty of water a month ago? ... (you get the picture)

If the answer is a resounding yes to every question, then I look for results.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
stick with it! it is a long road but you will see great changes over time. the hardest steps are the first ones. Give yourself time.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
The practice of sport is not enough to lose weight. You need stick to a diet, because all the fat transforms in the muscles and that's all.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Sirene_Jaune

Any idea guys?

Look, losing weight isn't magic. It's science.

In two weeks you should have dropped 5 - 6 pounds after drastically changing your diet and starting up a serious exercise regime. There is no easy way to do it and the food you eat is about 70% of it.

To lose 1 pound you have to burn 3,500 calories.

A good place to start is finding out what your resting metabolic rate is. There are many places in your area that can do this for you. It takes about 20 minutes.

Let's just say your resting metabolic rate is 1,800 - 2,200. About normal for a woman. That is the most amount of calories you can consume to not gain weight if you spend your days literally doing nothing but laying, sleeping and eating. If you eat more than 2,000 (for example) you will gain weight.

If you add vigorous exercise to your day you will drop pounds fast. My suggestion would be 40 minutes of cardio in the morning. Swimming, spinning, walking with an incline. Whatever you like the best. The thing is you can't fake it. You need to get your heart rate up for it to be effective. If you're feeling more determined and adventurous I suggest you go hiking. 3 - 5 miles on an easy trail. It will burn tons of calories.

After cardio (not including hiking, you need rest and food after that) you should lift some light weights to tone your body. There are all kinds of videos on YouTube you can follow that are geared toward women. You will need this tone to actually look better to yourself when you look in the mirror and not just the scale. Ideally you will do 40 minutes of cardio and 1 - 2 hours of strength training 4 days a week. On the days you don't work out also watch your calorie intake while trying to remain active.

An activity tracker like a Fitbit would make it easier to get an idea of how many steps you're taking and what your heart rate is doing while you workout.

As far as diet goes. 2,000 may sound like very little if you're used to eating a lot of high calorie processed foods. But it takes a lot of grilled chicken breast and spinach to add up to that much. You'll see that you actually feel fuller and more energetic when you stick to real food cooked in a healthy way. Also stick to just drinking water, tea and black coffee.

If you drink alcohol, try to have no more than 1 light beer, glass of wine, or spirit an hour. 1 drink is all your body can metabolize an hour without converting it to fat. Also, your body stops burning calories to break down alcohol so its a double whammy. This is one of the harder ones for me since many of my social and work activities include wine. Also if your alcohol of choice is hard liquor don't mix it with sugary drinks. That's the worst thing you can do. Vodka with club soda or tomato juice would be a better choice.

Avoid candy, buttery popcorn, white bread, soda, high calorie coffee drinks etc. that's obvious but it is everywhere in our society. So it's easy to add 500 unnecessary and unfulfilling calories a day with junk.

If you do all these things you will easily create a calorie deficit of 1000 a day and drop 2 lbs a week. 8 lbs in one month. 32 lbs in 4 months. I'm sure if you lost 32 lbs while toning up your body, your confidence, health and overall quality of life would skyrocket. It's only 4 months away if you really want it.

It's not easy. But if you stick with it you'll actually grow to like it. Youll look forward to working out because it's fun when you see results. You'll become a mirror whore and that's great.
Madam Carol
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Look, loosing weight isn't magic. It's science.

In two weeks you should have dropped 5 - 6 pounds after drastically changing your diet and starting up a serious exercise regime. There is no easy way to do it and the food you eat is about 70% of it.

To lose 1 pound you have to burn 3,500 calories.

A good place to start is finding out what your resting metabolic rate is. There are many places in your area that can do this for you. It takes about 20 minutes.

Let's just say your resting metabolic rate is 1,800 - 2,200. About normal for a woman. That is the most amount of calories you can consume to not gain weight if you spend your days literally doing nothing but laying, sleeping and eating. If you eat more than 2,000 (for example) you will gain weight.

If you add vigorous exercise to your day you will drop pounds fast. My suggestion would be 40 minutes of cardio in the morning. Swimming, spinning, walking with an incline. Whatever you like the best. The thing is you can't fake it. You need to get your heart rate up for it to be effective. If you're feeling more determined and adventurous I suggest you go hiking. 3 - 5 miles on an easy trail. It will burn tons of calories.

After cardio (not including hiking, you need rest and food after that) you should lift some light weights to tone your body. There are all kinds of videos on YouTube you can follow that are geared toward women. You will need this tone to actually look better to yourself when you look in the mirror and not just the scale. Ideally you will do 40 minutes of cardio and 1 - 2 hours of strength training 4 days a week. On the days you don't work out also watch your calorie intake while trying to remain active.

An activity tracker like a Fitbit would make it easier to get an idea of how many steps you're taking and what your heart rate is doing while you workout.

As far as diet goes. 2,000 may sound like very little if you're used to eating a lot of high calorie processed foods. But it takes a lot of grilled chicken breast and spinach to add up to that much. You'll see that you actually feel fuller and more energetic when you stick to real food cooked in a healthy way. Also stick to just drinking water, tea and black coffee.

If you drink alcohol, try to have no more than 1 light beer, glass of wine, or spirit an hour. 1 drink is all your body can metabolize an hour without converting it to fat. Also, your body stops burning calories to break down alcohol so its a double whammy. This is one of the harder ones for me since many of my social and work activities include wine. Also if your alcohol of choice is hard liquor don't mix it with sugary drinks. That's the worst thing you can do. Vodka with club soda or tomato juice would be a better choice.

Avoid candy, buttery popcorn, white bread, soda, high calorie coffee drinks etc. that's obvious but it is everywhere in our society. So it's easy to add 500 unnecessary and unfulfilling calories a day with junk.

If you do all these things you will easily create a calorie deficit of 1000 a day and drop 2 lbs a week. 8 lbs in one month. 32 lbs in 4 months. I'm sure if you lost 32 lbs while toning up your body, your confidence, health and overall quality of life would skyrocket. It's only 4 months away if you really want it.

It's not easy. But if you stick with it you'll actually grow to like it. Youll look forward to working out because it's fun when you see results. You'll become a mirror whore and that's great.

This was very good. All so true. Health and fitness are not magic. Fad diets like Atkins Diet can drop weight fast but a life style change of both diet, and exercise are critical. After I gave birth to my son, I was frustrated that I had twenty pounds to lose. That is a lot for a woman of five one. My doctor set me up with a nutritionist and it changed my life. First thing he did was give me a dietary list of things to eat and not eat. I realized most of my diet was on the bad side. Suddenly I was faced with a decision. It took one look in the mirror as incentive. first he changed me from two meals a day to six. That's right, six. Six small meals no larger than the palm of my hand. My diet consisted of vegetables fruit and lean meat such as fish or chicken. No bread, no sugar, no artificial sweeteners. Complex carbohydrates only. Then came excercise. Tread mill 30 minutes, elliptical ten in morning. Active during day as much as possible. I was a teacher so I stood more and cut down desk time. I'd walk the isles when students were reading which improved class behavior. I renewed my love for tennis and now jog on beach. That was twenty years ago and stick to it today. I stay at 103 to 105 depending on my time a month.

So I would say to start with seeing a professional. A nutritionist. It might change your life. Good luck.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's very unlikely to be extra muscle, it's far more likely to be fluid retention

When you exercise (especially if you haven't for a while) the muscles get damaged - that's the soreness you feel. Muscles absorb a lot of fluid when they're repairing themselves causing them to get bigger. (It's also why guys think they can see results after one workout)

This fluid retention is very common among people starting new workouts. It should only be temporary though, so don't lose heart
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
The Linebacker
0 likes
Like OMKN said it's probably fluid retention. Two weeks is just barely starting. It will take some more time to start building muscle. Muscle does weigh more than fat, but muscle burns calories and tones your physique. You'll need to make sure you are burning more calories than you take in. And make sure that you are consuming quality food. The right diet and exercise and you will lose the weight, feel better and look better – you'll be healthier. It's a process.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
How is it going for you now Jaune? I hope the small weight gain didn't put you off continuing with your plan, and I wouldn't feel too bad about weight fluctuations in the first few weeks of getting into your healthier regime. As it's been said previously, weight is just one number in the grand scheme of what's happening in your body. There are a lot of factors that add together to make that number (body fat, muscle, bones, toxic fat, water, etc), and in the first few weeks (and months), I would forget the scale and focus on how your body feels and the changes you can see in the mirror and in your measurements.

I hope you're feeling better now and have continued on your healthy track! Let us know how you're going, and all the best!
Lurker
0 likes
Not uncommon also to get more hungry after starting to exercise because of the boost to metabolism. (and to also feel that you've earned some extra treats). I've always found it helpful to write down what I'm eating when I need to trim down a bit. It can be surprising to see how much you're eating. Secondary benefit is that you may stop eating unnecessary things because you won't want to have to write them down.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Sirene_Jaune

Any idea guys?

Hi t here,

Feel sorry but I think while exert effort for the exercise routing you must e at healthy foods too... Like oats as if rice, vegetable lettuce or whey or a boiled egg or milk will do. small amount of rice is a must even a lot of viand.
Lurker
0 likes
Dude that's water weight. Back in the day when I worked out almost everyday when I would wake up I would weight around 240. At the end of the day I would weight myself sometime and I would be between 270-280. Fluxuation, that's just normal. Of course I used to drink over 5 gallons of water each day. Now that I think about it most likely was closer to 6-7. I can't eat and drink like I used to when mommy and daddy were paying the bills. I still drink and eat a lot but not nearly as much I simply can't afford it.

What most likely is happening is that you started working out and so you are drinking more water. Don't worry about your weight. Just stay active, be happy and you will become fit.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by CheifPussyPop
Dude that's water weight. Back in the day when I worked out almost everyday when I would wake up I would weight around 240. At the end of the day I would weight myself sometime and I would be between 270-280. Fluxuation, that's just normal. Of course I used to drink over 5 gallons of water each day. Now that I think about it most likely was closer to 6-7. I can't eat and drink like I used to when mommy and daddy were paying the bills. I still drink and eat a lot but not nearly as much I simply can't afford it.

What most likely is happening is that you started working out and so you are drinking more water. Don't worry about your weight. Just stay active, be happy and you will become fit.

As a bodybuilder myself, none of this sounds healthy. There is little reason for non-athletes to gain or lose 30-40 pounds in a day. It's even unhealthy when boxers do it, and certainly not to fluctuate daily, like that.

Also that amount of water can lead to internal drowning. People tend to forget that drinking too much water is quite bad as well, much like drinking too little.

You're lucky you didn't kill yourself. I'm sure you didn't put on 30 pounds of anything in a day, as that is hard to imagine, especially doing it regularly. My guess is if you flucuated that hard, that you must be a physical wreck now, and your liver and kidneys must give you serious issues.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Sirene_Jaune
Thanks Bi male.

I mean my clothes feel tight as in the waist of my pants is getting smaller. I don't understand I exercise for an hour a day sad I changed my diet to be more healthy and nothing is happening.

You need to post way more details about your diet, exercise regimen, lifestyle, daily regimen, height, body type (not just weight, fat composition) etc. You also need to confirm if you are just on a diet, or doing complete lifestyle change/haul-over. There is a major difference, and it is important to consider what you want from your changes.

You should also get a physical from a doctor, in order to understand your cholesterol levels, and your hormone imbalances. Everyone that is out of shape has some form of hormone imbalance, and testosterone tends to be lower, in guys when we are too overweight. Just the nature of the beast. Also, just so you know, steroids are not the easy answer. Hard work and research and lifestyel change is much better than surgery and steroids.

As far as giving up goes, why would anyone give up on something positive for them and their life and their health? What would that gain you? Simply keep working different angles and perspectives to attack the problem from until something gives.

Good luck.
Lurker
0 likes
Back in those days I was in very good shape. My dad and friends used to urge me to try out for the Olympics. Put it this way I was most likely one of the fastest people on the earth ever. I used to be able to run fast. My guess is I used to run a mile under two minutes regularly. I used to run over 30 miles in just over an hour like 1 hour and 10 minutes--and that's was just one way. There were plenty of times where I think I almost killed myself and not for good reasons. I think I had a heartattack and a stroke at the sametime, I'm not sure though. It all happen because I was showing off. I was showing some friends/people that I could beat them to a place. Them using a car and me running. I did 7 miles in 7 minutes. I ended up getting there about the same time as the car. They gave me the win. But I don't know if I won in all truthfulness. Though when I stopped I felt something crazy happen in my chest and at the same time everything went wobbly and for a second or so I couldn't see. I felt like I couldn't stand. I told myself I wouldn't show off like that ever again. To this day I know someone gave me a pass, and I am thankful everyday for that.

Mr_mandingo, when one pushes his or her limits there is a risk involved. I was healthy. My blood pressure was 15/141 or maybe the other way around but those were the numbers--this was after highschool when I started to get into really good condition. People would say that's very unhealthy but could they do what I could? No they couldn't and they won't be able to. Even now my blood pressure is like 40/198--check a few years ago. I've been getting back into it slowly so both numbers are most likely less. Back in the day doctors were baffled lol. They thought I was take something because my testosterone levels were off the charts. That was in high school. I was a little chubby. They were doing all kinds of test on me. One doctor has me hold my breathe for almost three minutes while he had the stethoscope on my back. I watch the second hand go around twice. He was like you are very healthy, you're heartbeat is very slow. Then another doctor told me my cholesterol was extremely high and my mom scolded me about no eat good because I used to eat for my 2nd lunch two superstars. She was able to put me on a diet, but the doctor informed her that it was all good cholesterol. I went for months to the doctors while they did tests on me. They were concerned because they knew how much I ate, at the time, around 20-30k cals but the blood work said I was malnourished. The word they used was anemic--hope I'm spelling that right. Then one day one of the doctors asked me a question that none cared to ask me. Do you work out? Or are you active in any way? I said yes I work out for about a total of 8 hours day everyday--but the weekends when I play video games, and I walk a lot too. He looked at my mom like is this kid for real and she was like yup. After that they just told me when I feel a lack of energy like I was that I should just take a day off.

Mr_mandingo what I am saying is don't feed into the hype. If you do then you'll find yourself a statistics confirming popular believe that people will use to say: look see he fits with in the charts and he's super healthy. Science's definition of peek healthiness is wrong. I know because I lived through it--literally. Was all that pain worth it? I don't know? But I do know when I have a son and he's able to run away from his mom at 8 months and swim I'll know it isn't a coincidence that he is able to do those feats. And he's a teenager and the wife is nagging me to go have a talk with him because we hear the screams of a passion screams of woman coming from his room I'll say: yes dear; and at the same time, think: that's my boy.

My question to you Mr Mandingo is do you want to be a part of a chart? If so then keep limiting yourself. And I give you me word, you'll fit nicely into some chart. Though if you want to go beyond popular believe and contradict popular scientific belief then my friend you have to walk through the fire. There were many times during my workout I was find myself waking up and remembering passing out. What do you think I did? I did I call it a day? No, I picked up from where I remembered where I was last at. I know all those guys you see in popular media are on something because I never looked like that. Yet I was stronger and faster. The male body wasn't meant to look like a raging hulk. Though I will say I did have muscle and people would say I looked good. The bodybuilders guys would tell me that I needed to gain mass. At which point I would get on a scale and watch their eyes pop out, and I would just laugh. I urge you brother don't feed into the hype push as hard as you can you might die but it's happens to all of us might as well die going hard.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by CheifPussyPop
Put it this way I was most likely one of the fastest people on the earth ever. I used to be able to run fast. My guess is I used to run a mile under two minutes regularly. I used to run over 30 miles in just over an hour like 1 hour and 10 minutes--and that's was just one way. There were plenty of times where I think I almost killed myself and not for good reasons. I think I had a heartattack and a stroke at the sametime, I'm not sure though. It all happen because I was showing off. I was showing some friends/people that I could beat them to a place. Them using a car and me running. I did 7 miles in 7 minutes.

The world record for the fastest running speed (27.8 mph) is held by Usain Bolt, an Olympic sprinter. Your claim of "30 miles in just over an hour" translates to 30 mph, your other one of "7 miles in 7 minutes" translates to 60 mph. What you're essentially saying is that you can run twice as fast as the fastest runner in human history, or sustain his world record for more than an hour (while he only ran at that speed during a few seconds himself).

You're a funny one, Mr. PussyPop.
The Linebacker
0 likes
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by CheifPussyPop
Back in those days I was in very good shape. My dad and friends used to urge me to try out for the Olympics. Put it this way I was most likely one of the fastest people on the earth ever. I used to be able to run fast. My guess is I used to run a mile under two minutes regularly. I used to run over 30 miles in just over an hour like 1 hour and 10 minutes--and that's was just one way. There were plenty of times where I think I almost killed myself and not for good reasons. I think I had a heartattack and a stroke at the sametime, I'm not sure though. It all happen because I was showing off. I was showing some friends/people that I could beat them to a place. Them using a car and me running. I did 7 miles in 7 minutes. I ended up getting there about the same time as the car. They gave me the win. But I don't know if I won in all truthfulness. Though when I stopped I felt something crazy happen in my chest and at the same time everything went wobbly and for a second or so I couldn't see. I felt like I couldn't stand. I told myself I wouldn't show off like that ever again. To this day I know someone gave me a pass, and I am thankful everyday for that. pop out, and I would just laugh. I urge you brother don't feed into the hype push as hard as you can you might die but it's happens to all of us might as well die going hard.

Wow! You are twice as fast as any human in history. Congratulations! And amazing – lived through a simultaneous heart attack and stroke. You need to be on The Jerry Springer Show.

Empress of the Moon
0 likes
Quote by CheifPussyPop
Back in those days I was in very good shape. My dad and friends used to urge me to try out for the Olympics. Put it this way I was most likely one of the fastest people on the earth ever. I used to be able to run fast. My guess is I used to run a mile under two minutes regularly. I used to run over 30 miles in just over an hour like 1 hour and 10 minutes--and that's was just one way. There were plenty of times where I think I almost killed myself and not for good reasons. I think I had a heartattack and a stroke at the sametime, I'm not sure though. It all happen because I was showing off. I was showing some friends/people that I could beat them to a place. Them using a car and me running. I did 7 miles in 7 minutes. I ended up getting there about the same time as the car. They gave me the win. But I don't know if I won in all truthfulness. Though when I stopped I felt something crazy happen in my chest and at the same time everything went wobbly and for a second or so I couldn't see. I felt like I couldn't stand. I told myself I wouldn't show off like that ever again. To this day I know someone gave me a pass, and I am thankful everyday for that.

Treatment is available for mental health issues. Please talk to a health professional. If you are gaining a great deal of water weight, you need to be checked out for heart failure as well. Don't wait too long to seek help.
[url]http://[/url]
Dreamer
0 likes
It's not about weight it is about health. 5 years ago was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. To that point had never been sick a day in my life except for colds on rare occasions. My weight was 215 lbs. In my youth I had been an Olympic competitor as well as represented my country in several international competitions. I still exercised regularly but sporadically, played golf, swam, dis a bit of sailing.
I was lucky in that I got admitted to an experimental study on the relationship between diabetes and exercise.
With their counselling, I started a low impact routine of daily exercise.
Just basically some kinesthetic and stretching exercises for about 15 to 20 minutes daily. The other part of it was walking a minimum of 10.000 steps a day.
I can not claim a huge weight loss I went down to just under 200 lbs. However, went from a size 40 waist to a size 34. My diabetes is perfectly stable as is my BP and my cholesterol is normal. Went from initially having to take 12 pills a day to mow when I take just 2 a day for the diabetes.
No major change in diet except that I have become more conscious of what I eat.

I have never run a mile in under two minutes and make no claims of 30 miles in just over an hour. That is BS. A simultaneous heart and stroke leaves a person in a state called dead or brain damaged. For you to judge.

My bookshelf includes 133 stories and 82 collaborations;

One Editor's Pick, Three Series Awards, Fifty-one Recommended Reads, and Eight Famous Stories are included. Go to; https://www.lushstories.com/profiles/view/ChrisM/stories

Enjoy

Lurker
0 likes
Don't blame the exercise - even if is not making you smaller, I'm sure it's making you better.
Exercise, unless extreme, and unlike many believe, will not work wonders regarding mass loss.

The question is - do you like food more, or having a slimmer figure is your priority?... Maybe you can find food that you love and that is lo fat - I could eat bag and bags of apples every single day.

Let me check your muscles in 6 months from now ;)
Lurker
0 likes
How much are you drinking? Hove you been drinking more water since you started exercising? Two pounds can be a variation due to a level of hydration. You could see such a day to day variation, which is why most weight loss instructors recommend against daily weighing. Daily weighing could however come in handy if you are doing a greater than average exercise or training regime. In that case, use an excel spreadsheet and use a moving average to track your progress. It will take a few days (maybe 7) to get enough data points. Another thing to keep in mind is don't consider it progress if you drop 5 pounds from one day to the next. That is dehydration. Drink up. If you also feel tired that day, an easy workout is appropriate.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In just over 2 weeks you won't see or feel much difference, if any. And a 2 pound increase is neither here nor there. You could weigh 2 pound difference between your morning weigh in and an evening one.

As far as diet is concerned you need to make sure you reach the right balance and don't believe all you read or hear about fat free and calorie free diets. You need certain amounts of fats in your diet as your body needs it to absorb some minerals and vitamins. You'll also need calories for fuel if your training. It's all a matter of balance and NOT eating processed junk.

As for training, one of the best training methods for fat burning is High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). Your body can burn fat up to 24 to 48 hours after a 40 to 50 min session.

Give yourself 2 to 3 months and you should start to see some difference. Never try to rush things or push too hard in the beginning. That might lead to an injury. Once you start to feel fitter and stronger and your body becomes accustomed to exercise you can start to push harder.

Never worry about the weight. Judge your progress by how you feel, look and how your clothes fit.

And if you do want to watch your weight, don't weigh yourself every day. Weigh yourself once each week.

Set yourself small achievable goals that will lead to what you want to achieve.

Good luck and stay focused.

Click Pegasus4's Profile (lushstories.com) to see my profile.

Click Pegasus4's Stories (lushstories.com) to see a list of my stories.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Have your hormones checked you could hypothryoid. Weight gain is one many symptoms. If you are exercising and gaining weight it just simply be you are building muscle which weighs more that fat
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
it is normal if you have workouts without diet to gain weight , but your body configuration is changing . the muscle mass increase and fat percentage is declining
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Sirene_Jaune

Any idea guys?

Get together with your doctor and have a talk and a check over for various health problems before you give up.