Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How long does it usually take for a story to get verified?

last reply
7 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
That says it all. Sorry if it's posted elsewhere as I'm sure it is. But I couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Terri
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Quote by territeach
That says it all. Sorry if it's posted elsewhere as I'm sure it is. But I couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Terri

Welcome to Lush!

Stories are handled as they were received. Depending on the length of the queue, stories here can take anywhere from a day to a week to be approved, assuming no returns for proofreading and edits. Gold members always get pushed to the top of the list and so have an approval time counted in hours.

Your story is currently next to last in a list of 45. I can almost guarantee it will not be up today, or tomorrow. Consider a Gold membership! If your thing is story publication, it's the fastest route.

https://www.lushstories.com/premium.aspx

Otherwise, we thank you for your patience. smile

--Ravenstar, Lush Story Moderator
Lurker
0 likes
I THINK it's cool to explain A LITTLE about how it works...

And I STRESS I'm NOT A STORY MOD!!!

Story Mods DON'T see the same site WE SEE.

On THEIR Home Page (if you will) are the UNEDITED, UNPROOFED offerings awaiting approval. There are NEVER less than several DOZEN every single day, often a LOT more!

About 60% of those offerings, (ALL of which must be read and replied to...) are WHOLLY unsuitable for placement here. The reasons vary from bad writing to WORSE writing to frankly UNSAVOURY CONTENT... (I've seen submissions THAT HAVE TURNED MY STOMACH... Genuinely UPSET me!)

Moderators read EVERY ONE.

It's NOT a job everyone can do, (I couldn't) and it's HUGELY TAXING to the people who DO do it. It COSTS time and talent and SERIOUSLY limits your own creativity because your on-site time is often NOT your own time, you are helping others instead of pursuing your own writing, (which is the reason we all joined up in the first place!)

I'm not a member of any other Story Site but from what I gather from talking with others, Lush Stories Mod Team turn around stories FASTER than any other stories site.

In case all this makes me sound TOO NICE, let me say that I have had SCREAMING EXCHANGES with the mod team!!! (But I have to say that they make their case!!! They are not elected to do it for nothing...)

NONE of this of course will ever get 'Sealing The Deal' approved...

xx SF

WSCLG: "Make the changes I TOLD YOU to make..."
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Lush still has some of the verification time with the bonus of a real person checking over your story. Gold members also get the bonus of minor editing on their stories.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Helpful to know now that I've started writing again. One of the things that other sites (such as literotica) have is a stable of volunteer editors who are willing to read over your stories prior to publish. I haven't published on lit for a while, but I do know that stories I published where I attributed a listed editor always was shorter.
I know its not easy feat to assemble a list of would be editors. But perhaps we can low tech it in much the way that the D/s folks have used a forum thread for subs to ask for Masters?

Just thinking out loud here.
Matriarch
0 likes
Thank you Ravenstar and Nymphwriter for responding.

At the moment, a turnaround time of 3 days is typical. There are currently 50 stories in the queue, and that's usually the case most days now.

@ TantricDrummer. We implemented that a few years ago. There were 2 reasons I removed it:

1) The system became abused in a very short space of time. People were dumping half-finished work on the the volunteer editors, expecting them to clear them up.

2) Some authors submitted work which broke our site rules - / snuff stories / beastiality etc. Those are banning offences, and volunteers shouldn't have to deal with that kind of thing.

So, we don't differentiate between volunteer editors and verifiers. We have one team who in effect, perform both roles. They will typically do a light edit on pieces which need it. Stories which have an abundance of problems, get sent back to the author.

Gold members have their stories put to the very top of the verification queue, and are given more editing time by our verifiers / editors. Depending on the time of day, and any issues which may arise with a story, the turnaround time is usually less than 12 hours.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
@nicola Thanks for the response. Yes, if you edit volunteer or otherwise it does mean you have to know the site rules and protocol, so that makes sense.

I have another observation / question. If Stephanie is right and about 60% of the offerings never make light of day b/c they either break the rules or don't make the cut as it were, I'm wondering if there's a way to pre-empt it with some kind of warning text?

Lets say I had a great story about how my boss got by a bipolar chihuahua (I don't but now I might go write one), and when I clicked on submit I saw some clear text above the submission form that said 'Rape, snuff, bestiality etc. etc. are verbotten on this site,' then I'd take my masterpiece and go elsewhere.

There's not much you can do to avoid bad writing. I will say though that its a shame because there are many people I know who have tried unsuccessfully to get stories published because their grammar is abhorrent. They have stories to tell though, and their imagination is just as vivid as those who know when to use "your" vs. "you're."

I wonder if there's a way to use crowdsourcing to connect the grammarati to the wretched yet deserving.

More things to muse on in my free time.
Matriarch
0 likes
Unfortunately something like intuitive keyword matching isn't going to work:

"Samantha sucked the juicy grapes into her mouth seductively, one by one, while her Chihuahua watched on. Her therapist looked on eagerly."

When someone joins, they are meant to have read our site terms, which clearly advise what is or what isn't allowed:

Story submissions

"I agree not to post stories which feature underage people / minors. I also agree not to submit stories which include content pertaining to , abusive situations, incest, graphic violence, totally unwilling participants, drugging, dangerous sexual acts, snuff, or sex with animals (bestiality)."

We could put that warning on the submit story page, however that would be rather clumsy.

The vast majority of people who submit stories here, are aware of the type of stories we publish, and what we do and don't allow.

You'd have to have either not read our terms, be rather insensitive, or deliberately be doing it, to break our prohibited content rules.

As to the 60% comment, that figure doesn't represent the % of offerings which get published here. It's roughly the right figure in terms of those stories which get rejected on first read through. The vast majority of authors will take note of the comments from our verifiers / editors, and make changes accordingly. Most of those corrected drafts get published. I'd guess only 5% don't make it, where the content is absolutely not for this site, or the author gives up / some other reason.